Profile for petal > Reviews

petal

Close My Eyes
Close My Eyes

2.0 out of 5 stars Totally implausible, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Close My Eyes (Kindle Edition)
I have no idea how anyone could enjoy this book without a total suspension of reality. There are huge holes in the plot and several things which make you go "What? That just couldn't/wouldn't have happened!". This is ok if you are lying on a beach somewhere but otherwise spend your money elsewhere.

Ion USB Slide and Photo Film Scanner with USB Connection to PC
Ion USB Slide and Photo Film Scanner with USB Connection to PC

2.0 out of 5 stars Ion Slide 2 PC Scanner, 11 April 2009
I took delivery expecting a decent scan, as it was sold as a 5Megapixel image. Main problem I have is the overexposure that cannot be corrected as it has an auto white balance. Considering how long this type of machine has been on the market I would have thought this could have been overcome. You can forget bring your faded slides back top life. This will not improve them. Only the best pictures will come out correctly. Wedding shots are a nightmare as the black and white contrast is impossible to balance out correctly. I would have second thoughts about buying this product, but I still give it 2 stars as a poor digital record is better than none at all.

The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
The New Contented Little Baby Book: The Secret to Calm and Confident Parenting
by Gina Ford

1.0 out of 5 stars Far too restrictive!, 8 Aug. 2006
Luckily enough, this book was not available when my first child was born, just being a new parent was daunting enough without trying to follow GF's restrictive routine to the letter. By the time child no 2 came along, I was confident enough to be able to only broadly follow the routines in the book. Nowhere does she mention how you are supposed to manage to fit your life and other children in around her routines! The baby's routine is paramount and to hell with the fact that your older children need to go to school when the baby is supposed to be napping or that your dentist appt clashes with the regimented feeding time. I just don't see how this routine can be made to work and think you could very easily make yourself very upset, anxious and even ill trying to do so.