Profile for kangaroo > Reviews

Content by kangaroo

kangaroo

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
XXL Motorcycle Motorbike Water Resistent Waterproof Dustproof Rain UV Protective Breathable Cover Outdoor Indoor Blue/Silver Extra Extra Larger + storage Carry bag
Offered by CN tip-top
Price: 9.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits 04 harley FXSTI, 31 July 2014
great dust cover. just about big enough for a 04 harley FXSTI with saddlebags and tall backrest.

AgfaPhoto HP No. 940 XL C4908AE Ink Catridge for HP Officejet PRO 8000 - Magenta
Price: 14.71

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice knowing you Agfa, 30 July 2014
I bought a set of Cyan Magenta and Yellow, thinking Agfa is a brand I can trust.
What a mistake to make. I just inserted the yellow cartridge a few weeks ago (All 3 bought to keep as spare half a year ago), and it reported "HP re-manufactured-something" on the display - but I thought nothing of it. Now, a few weeks later after printing some 10 b/w pages- it reports the yellow as empty. I _ALWAYS_ use original HP cartridges and _NEVER_ had problems
but thought i'd make an exception because these are made by Agfa - and are slightly cheaper.
What a mistake to make... Can I go through the hazzle of contacting amazon, explaining, wrap them up, go to the postoffice, possibly pay return postage (from spain), ..? .. no. In that sense this is borderline Fraud, as the manufacturer probably gambles on these facts - not having to face returns as it just is to much fuzz for the average consumer.

I am NOT happy - nice knowing you, Agfa.

EDIT: .. I contacted Amazon by chat, and within 5 minutes and without any quibble, they refunded me the 3 cartridges even though I bought them some 6 months ago. Lesson learnt (for the n'th time): ALWAYS buy from amazon and _NEVER_ buy re-manufactured ink cartridges!

AgfaPhoto HP No. 940 XL C4907AE Ink Catridge for HP Officejet PRO 8000 - Cyan

Kingston Technology 120GB Solid State Drive 2.5-inch V300 SATA 3
Offered by ValueNTrust
Price: 43.65

5.0 out of 5 stars great, except for firmware upgrade procedure, 24 July 2014
I bought this ssd to speed up an old Samsung N130 netbook. and in doing so this drive is optimal. Our netbook is sata2 only so theoretical speed and "which nand chips" etc is not an issue as discussed in many reviews. My only complaint was the firmware upgrade procedure - it failed with message "Firmware download failed". The (and probably most) netbook has no AHCI mode selection in BIOS and I suspect thats the culprit. I tried turning antivirus off, diasabling DEP, boot sector protection etc but to no avail. Ie - I had to open the netbook _again_, take the drive out again, mount in a DELL workstation - and voilla' - the FW was updated to 525ABBF0 in about 20 seconds.
(it arrived with FW 521ABBF0 as reported with Kingston Toolbox) I believe the kingston programmers are a bit lazy.... Sure they can write a firmware update software that can operate independently of whether bios has a ACHI/ATA option or not.

And please dont comment that FW upgrade is not neccessary - "if its not broken dont repair" doesnt apply to SSD's,
your disk may work perfectly but kingston may release a fw that extends the expected lifespan of your drive by relaxing a fault correction
policy etc etc - so, for SSD, SSHD and HDD's the thumb rule is: Is there a fw released, update!

So 3 stars only for the fw upgrade process. They got a lot to learn from samsung. But- its still much better than seagate. Seagate drives must be booted with
a linux cd to upgrade fw, so not quite as stoneage as that.

After messing around with bios and firmware for as long as it took to clone the old drive onto the new one I
. disabled the pagefile in mycomputer>properties>advanced>performance (you need more ram if you do this, 2GB in our case, running xp sp3)
. disabled any defrag software from running

thats about it. very pleased with the little netbook now,
this drive is Very cheap and it will do a Very good job at speeding up an old laptop.
For more serious gaming/workstation and for newer computers get the samsung 840 or the kingston hyperx.

I would ignore most 1-2-3 star reviews as they are written by reviewers that seems to expect gold for peanuts.
Which nand chips has been used and whats the theoretic read and write speed isnt that important as it is the Seek time that is the
problem on most computers these days. Seek time is what really becomes a problem on traditional hdd's when the computer needs to read many files at the _same time_. (starting firefox while windows is still busy at starting up services, loading software with antivirus running in the background etc)
I could write a lengthy piece here - but look it up if you're interested. its the absence of seek time that really makes a
SSD shine in everyday computing - not its theoretical max r/w speed.

I'm very happy with this product and so would most (Note, I dindn't say All) 1-2-3 star reviews if they just worried a bit less.

uni-ball Eye Micro UB150 Rollerball Pen - Black (Pack of 14)
uni-ball Eye Micro UB150 Rollerball Pen - Black (Pack of 14)
Price: 15.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost as brilliant as the Pilot G Tec C4, 21 July 2014
I like'em. the only pen that is more consistent (and almost twice the price) is the B000SHVZYK
Pilot G Tec C4 Gel Rollerball Pen Micro 0.4mm Tip 0.2mm Line Black Ref BLGC4 01 [Pack of 12]
The pilot has a crisper (thinner) line all until its end of life whilst this uniball tends to widen a little,
bleed a little more if dwelling - when its worn in. I like both very much, wouldnt buy any other.

Cleenol 072732X5 Senses Pink Unperfumed Liquid Soap 5 L
Cleenol 072732X5 Senses Pink Unperfumed Liquid Soap 5 L
Price: 13.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Im browsing amazon to try to find a good handsoap. I've bought ecover flo previously but it ..., 17 July 2014
Im browsing amazon to try to find a good hand-soap. I've bought ecover flo previously but it turns out it contains a chemical you really should avoid. So, .. Here I am wasting my time looking at this one, Celeenol senses: There are no listing of ingredients in the description. The manufacturer does not provide this information on their website (you have to register to get a copy of their data-sheet), and a thorough google doesn't help either. it only states its made from cosmetic grade ingredients. In other words, ... all we know is, its pink, and its soap. Well thats not good enough, .. I will consider deleting this negative review if the manufacturer or amazon can update the description to include what this product is made from.

Duracell 9V Procell Battery (Pack of 10)
Duracell 9V Procell Battery (Pack of 10)
Offered by PositiveRecharge
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars super quality, 5 July 2014
10 of these should last me about 2-3 years. Which is Aok as their use by date is mid 2018 (ordered mid 2014, amazon uk was the seller).... quality product which I'm happy to use in smoke alarms, alarms and meters.

Lodge Round Skillet with Handle, 16.5 x 3.1 cm
Lodge Round Skillet with Handle, 16.5 x 3.1 cm
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ooO! wonderful, 23 Jun 2014
The food got seriously stuck the first few times, then less so, and now - after 10 rounds or so, perfect! Made an omelet in it for the kids this morning. What a plonker ive been, buying teflon coated aluminium pans and casseroles. This is my second Lodge'. And there will be more... next up is the grill pan. then a 12 inch casserole with lid.. I'm never gonna cook in anything else. well, except for when boiling eggs.

Heavy Duty Deluxe Stainless Steel Garlic Press
Heavy Duty Deluxe Stainless Steel Garlic Press
Offered by PTB Trading
Price: 6.55

5.0 out of 5 stars works very well, 16 Jun 2014
great feature the removable inner'. easy to clean, works well. best garlic press i ever had. what else to say? Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19