Profile for kangaroo > Reviews

Content by kangaroo

kangaroo

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Beurer Express Flexi Tip Thermometer (White/ Yellow)
Beurer Express Flexi Tip Thermometer (White/ Yellow)
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars glad to have found it, 28 Aug 2014
how difficult it turned out to be finding a good thermometer... so far we've tried a cheap Omron and
a braun thermoscan + a few others but cant say i made friends with either of them.
I was very happy to find this Beurer. It is the quickes and most reliable ve;we tried. very happy with .

Britax Duo Plus Summer Cover (Blue)
Britax Duo Plus Summer Cover (Blue)
Price: 24.99

1.0 out of 5 stars misleading description, 22 Aug 2014
It's clearly stated in the description:
"You can also use it [..] while the original cover is being washed."
From which I could only assume it is suitable for replacing the original cover.
Which it cannot as it is just an elastic throw-over-cover with no padding what so ever.

I finally got the sewing machine out and repaired the old cover incl mounting a new pull cord all around the edge so it wouldn't keep coming off, and stuck this cover on top for looks.
So all good in the end, but 'jeeez what a heap of hassle.

The cover is nice and cozy by the way, shame it's just not at all what was advertised - hence one star only.

XXL Motorcycle Motorbike Water Resistent Waterproof Dustproof Rain UV Protective Breathable Cover Outdoor Indoor Blue/Silver Extra Extra Larger + storage Carry bag
Offered by Goodefiner
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits 04 harley FXSTI, 31 July 2014
great dust cover. just about big enough for a 04 harley FXSTI with saddlebags and tall backrest.

AgfaPhoto HP No. 940 XL C4908AE Ink Catridge for HP Officejet PRO 8000 - Magenta
Price: 13.27

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice knowing you Agfa, 30 July 2014
I bought a set of Cyan Magenta and Yellow, thinking Agfa is a brand I can trust.
What a mistake to make. I just inserted the yellow cartridge a few weeks ago (All 3 bought to keep as spare half a year ago), and it reported "HP re-manufactured-something" on the display - but I thought nothing of it. Now, a few weeks later after printing some 10 b/w pages- it reports the yellow as empty. I _ALWAYS_ use original HP cartridges and _NEVER_ had problems
but thought i'd make an exception because these are made by Agfa - and are slightly cheaper.
What a mistake to make... Can I go through the hazzle of contacting amazon, explaining, wrap them up, go to the postoffice, possibly pay return postage (from spain), ..? .. no. In that sense this is borderline Fraud, as the manufacturer probably gambles on these facts - not having to face returns as it just is to much fuzz for the average consumer.

I am NOT happy - nice knowing you, Agfa.

EDIT: .. I contacted Amazon by chat, and within 5 minutes and without any quibble, they refunded me the 3 cartridges even though I bought them some 6 months ago. Lesson learnt (for the n'th time): ALWAYS buy from amazon and _NEVER_ buy re-manufactured ink cartridges!

AgfaPhoto HP No. 940 XL C4907AE Ink Catridge for HP Officejet PRO 8000 - Cyan

Kingston Technology 120GB Solid State Drive 2.5-inch V300 SATA 3
Offered by ValueNTrust
Price: 45.00

5.0 out of 5 stars great, except for firmware upgrade procedure, 24 July 2014
I bought this ssd to speed up an old Samsung N130 netbook. In doing so this drive is optimal (as in bang for buch). The netbook is sata2 only so theoretical speed and "which nand chips" etc is not really an issue as discussed by so many reviewers. My only complaint was the firmware upgrade procedure - it failed with the message "Firmware download failed". Our (and probably most) netbook has no AHCI mode selection in BIOS so I had to update this drives firmware in a DELL workstation. (the drive arrived with FW 521ABBF0 as reported by Kingston Toolbox)

This SSD shines when used in an older sata2 only laptop, for everyday computing.

uni-ball Eye Micro UB150 Rollerball Pen - Black (Pack of 14)
uni-ball Eye Micro UB150 Rollerball Pen - Black (Pack of 14)
Price: 15.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost as brilliant as the Pilot G Tec C4, 21 July 2014
I like'em. the only pen that is more consistent (and almost twice the price) is the B000SHVZYK
Pilot G Tec C4 Gel Rollerball Pen Micro 0.4mm Tip 0.2mm Line Black Ref BLGC4 01 [Pack of 12]
The pilot has a crisper (thinner) line all until its end of life whilst this uniball tends to widen a little,
bleed a little more if dwelling - when its worn in. I like both very much, wouldnt buy any other.

Cleenol 072732X5 Senses Pink Unperfumed Liquid Soap 5 L
Cleenol 072732X5 Senses Pink Unperfumed Liquid Soap 5 L
Price: 13.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Im browsing amazon to try to find a good handsoap. I've bought ecover flo previously but it ..., 17 July 2014
Im browsing amazon to try to find a good hand-soap. I've bought ecover flo previously but it turns out it contains a chemical you really should avoid. So, .. Here I am wasting my time looking at this one, Celeenol senses: There are no listing of ingredients in the description. The manufacturer does not provide this information on their website (you have to register to get a copy of their data-sheet), and a thorough google doesn't help either. it only states its made from cosmetic grade ingredients. In other words, ... all we know is, its pink, and its soap. Well thats not good enough, .. I will consider deleting this negative review if the manufacturer or amazon can update the description to include what this product is made from.

Duracell 9V Procell Battery (Pack of 10)
Duracell 9V Procell Battery (Pack of 10)
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited
Price: 13.15

5.0 out of 5 stars super quality, 5 July 2014
10 of these should last me about 2-3 years. Which is Aok as their use by date is mid 2018 (ordered mid 2014, amazon uk was the seller).... quality product which I'm happy to use in smoke alarms, alarms and meters.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19