Profile for Mr. P. Courtney > Reviews

Back To The Start
Back To The Start
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rare Gem, 25 Mar 2012
This review is from: Back To The Start (Audio CD)
This album is a real rare gem nowadays. The first Airrace album (Shaft of Light) was always a favourite of mine when it was released and despite the massive amount of time between releases, Back To The Start actually manages to retain continuity. Also, like the first album, the standard of songwriting here remains exceptional with every track having its merit. Another positive point is it has really good production quality so it comes across nice and loud and crisp.

I really can't stop listening to this cd, it still remains in my car cd player where other artists releases have come and gone. The simplest summary I can give is take a fist full of Airrace, add a pinch of Styx and Magnum at their very best, bring it all up to date and you have this album. Highly recommended.

Acer Aspire 5920G Notebook Laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo T7500, 2.20GHz, 15.4" TFT, 3GB RAM, 250GB Hard-drive, DVD±RW, Nvidia GeForce Graphics, Integ Webcam, WiFi, Home Theatre surround sound, Vista Home Premium

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 28 July 2008
After a lot of consideration, I chose this, the top spec 5920G over the entry level 6920G which comes in at £100 more. Although I can't vouch for the 6920G as I haven't used one, I feel happy that I have made the correct choice for me.

This 5920G has plenty of processing power with 3GB ram, an 8600GT nVidia GeForce and T7500 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo processors should you require it. I wanted the choice to play games and do home video editing. I've so far had Doom 3 running on top graphics with no problem. Other plus points for me; it's quiet and it reliably returns 3+ hours use from a single battery charge when just browsing. Charging takes approx. 90 mins. Build quality seems fine.

My only disappointment is changing from XP to Vista. Although Vista is not bad as an OS to use, I don't like the way I feel I'm being monitored and my personal information being sent back to the OS company. But that's not the laptops fault!

If you want a blu-ray player and finger print recognition, the 6920G makes the better value choice, but if like me, you already have a PS3 and just want a no frills, high spec laptop, go for this top spec model 5920G.