Profile for J. Jennings > Reviews

Steve McCurry; The Iconic Photographs
Steve McCurry; The Iconic Photographs
by Steve McCurry

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb pictures, 15 Jan 2013
My only reservations are the presentation of the double spreads which I find distracts from some of the photos and I would have liked the photo titles to be available on the page, rather than in a separate list.
Still love the photos though!

Pink Elephant Drinks Coolers
Pink Elephant Drinks Coolers

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of fun!, 11 Dec 2012
They don't cool as quickly as real ice but don't dilute the drink either! As the title says - a bit of fun which does have a use.

Collins Scrabble Dictionary
Collins Scrabble Dictionary
by Dictionaries

4.0 out of 5 stars For when you don't believe it is a word!, 11 Dec 2012
The word list is very comprehensive although the definitions are very basic. As I play against the computer I find it useful but it does include some very odd words, some of foreign origin, as well as shortened forms which might well be challenged if playing face to face.

8GB Swivel USB High Speed Metal Flash Memory Pen Drive Disk Stick (Ricco® 01-001) (8GB, Clear Red)
Offered by Gadget Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault it, 11 Dec 2012
As the title says it functions perfectly well and the different colours (I chose red) means it stands out from others.

National Trust Handbook 2012
National Trust Handbook 2012
by Lucy Peel

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for Scottish National Trust members, 11 Dec 2012
As members of the Scottish organisation I've found this useful when deciding which English properties to visit. It's considerably cheaper than buying straight from the National Trust as there are occasional creases etc but it's a disposable book to be kept in the car so who cares?

Moon Cuba: 650 (Moon Handbooks)
Moon Cuba: 650 (Moon Handbooks)
by Christopher Baker

4.0 out of 5 stars Cuban insight, 26 Jan 2011
I've never used a "Moon Guide" before (usually it's RG) but thought I'd give them a go as it had the most recent publication date. I particularly liked the insights into Cuban life and its complexities. Our Cuban born guide said it was the best she'd found and sounded as though the writer had really lived there rather than just been on holiday!
When travelling independently the Casa recommendations were useful as even when they were full they passed us on in the system. We also used the paladar recommendations successfully.
I would have liked a more thorough language section, mainly because I forgot my dictionary! Only piece of dodgy information we found was that not all the International banks open on a Saturday, indeed the branch at the Havana Libre is only open till 1.30 in the week anyway!
Otherwise it was reliable, covered a lot of ground and gave a thought-provoking and enlightened commentary.

Live In London
Live In London
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Leonard Live, 26 Jun 2009
This review is from: Live In London (Audio CD)
If you went to one of the concerts this album will bring back great memories. If you didn't it's the next best thing to having been there! There's no sense of songs included to 'fill'. It's all full on LC including the wry comments.