Profile for Mr. P. Mcenerney > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. Mcenerney

Mr. P. Mcenerney

Trading on Target: How To Cultivate a Winner's State of Mind (Wiley Trading)
Trading on Target: How To Cultivate a Winner's State of Mind (Wiley Trading)

5.0 out of 5 stars addictive, 4 Aug. 2013
I read some of the reviews here on amazon and thought they were possibly a bit overblown. I read the first few pages and thought ... ah ha! it's not that great... no new information here.

Then a few pages later I was hooked and still am on the second reading. This is an extremely insightful book with so many gems for the trader that it is hard to put into this review. When I started reading I thought this the book was written in a 'hippy' or 'new age' vein but I soon realized that this was not the case and even if it is this book and the author are the real thing. Douglas and Steenbarger are good but very regimented next to the ideas in this book. I cannot recommenced it enough. One review I read stated 'stop trading until you read this book' and they were actually right. Get it.

The Devil's Deal: An Insider's Tale of How Money is Made (Financial Times Series)
by Andreas Loizou

3.0 out of 5 stars A very easy read, 5 April 2013
I finished this short and simple book because I was interested to see what would happen with the plot story line. After the first few chapters I was going to give up as the book is very simplistic in my opinion with incredibly basic and almost child-like scenarios. I cannot imagine why any adult book would feel the need to explain compound interest, to use an identical graph with two lines repeatedly to show that borrowing is higher in a boom (really!!!)or feel the need to explain inflation as if it was giving away the secrets in a treasure map.

This book is financial wisdom for high school kids but somehow I liked it. It is written in a very naive manner and, I feel, should not be considered an educational book in any way. The successful people I know in the city are far more educated, erudite and humble than any of the characters, or the protagonist, in this book so I therefore struggle to believe it is based on anything more than a very, very loose version of the truth.

There are countless books I read which are awful and I feel a waste of my time and this is not one of them. Give it a read, it will only take you a couple of hours any you can have the added benefit of giving a financial criminal some more of your money.

The Fine Cheese Co. Cracker Flavoured Selection 450 g
The Fine Cheese Co. Cracker Flavoured Selection 450 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Never without them at home, 22 Feb. 2013
My Fiancee and I are cheese and cracker nuts and we are never without these flavored crackers at home.

Some descent red wine, apples, grapes, good cheese and the Fine Cheese Co crackers are as good as a meal at any of the best restaurants - but cheaper.

I am not a big fan of the charcoal, wheat and other plain crackers and if you are only used to the crackers available at Tesco or Sainsbury's you are in for a treat.

The Back Sufferers' Pocket Guide (Pocket Guides)
The Back Sufferers' Pocket Guide (Pocket Guides)
by Sarah Key
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Immediate Results for me, 22 Feb. 2013
I bought this book 7 days ago and the results have been amazing. I have had what I feel to be major problems in my lower back, sacrum and all down one leg. The pain was constant day and night for the last 8 weeks. I went to a chiropractor 10 times during this period to no avail. I then had an MRI and the doctor talked about surgery to pare away some disc sections.
I have moved from production and physical work to sitting all day behind a computer and getting a little heavier each week over the last 18 months. I am 42.

After the doctor's visit and a trip to a specialist and physio I decided that I had enough of looking for others to solve the problem and I bought this small book because I did not want to read the authors main book and have to wait an extra day to start some exercises.

I had also started walking the day before I ordered the book and have been doing on average 2 miles most evenings since also. This was extremely painful at the beginning but now my torso has freed up a good deal with just the walking alone.

The 'back block' exercise helped immediately. It was extremely painful at first and it someone has just told me to do it I would certainty not as it is intuitive to think that hurting oneself so excessively cannot help. Because I somehow immediately trusted the book I was willing to put this idea aside and do as instructed. I went to bed in a deep dead pain in my body which was as bad as before the exercise but less 'sharp'. The next morning I actually got out of bed alone and put on my socks!

This was a week ago and each day has seen a little more progress.
I thank you deeply Sarah Key.

Hedge Fund Market Wizards (Part of Set 9781118582978)
Hedge Fund Market Wizards (Part of Set 9781118582978)
by Ed Seykota

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Wizards book, 2 Nov. 2012
I have read all of Schwager's Market Wizards book and actually think this is the best. I would give the other 3 books 4/5 stars also but I found this one more relevant to the current state of the markets, indices, bonds, forex and commodities. I looked forward each evening to reading more and then got the audio version to listen again. You must know that I read about 50 trading books at least per year and 45 of them will be rubbish with 4 being worth finishing and occasionally a rare gem. The variety of traders interviewed gave the book a more 'statistical trading' or 'quantitative' feel which suits my trading style. I was blown away with the quality of the interviews and although all of the wizard book have been excellently pursued I found this one particularly insightful. So far it rates second in my trading library to Reminiscences of a Stock Operator and I do not say this lightly. I was left wanting more when it was finished and wondering more about the various talented, prodigious and interesting individuals we are all trying to emulate. Happy reading (or listening)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2013 1:17 PM BST

Essentials of Trading: It's Not WHAT You Think It's HOW Your Think
Essentials of Trading: It's Not WHAT You Think It's HOW Your Think
by Larry Pesavento

5.0 out of 5 stars A truely superb book, 8 April 2011
What a breath of fresh air.
A trading psychology book that is a joy to read, insightful, and helpful. I have read over 200 trading books and not since Jesse Livermore's story or Mark Douglas's excellent trading in the zone have I looked forward to picking a trading book up.
In my estimation this is also a brave book in that the author(s) is willing to reveal himself and what he reveals are gems of knowledge. They may be ones we already know but it is their delivery and the knowledge that Larry and Leslie have lived them that make them feel new.
Buy this book. You will not regret it.

21st Century Pediatric Cancer Sourcebook: Childhood Brain Stem Glioma. Pontine Glioma - Clinical Data and Practical Information for Patients, Families, and Physicians

1.0 out of 5 stars Questionable usefulness, 8 April 2011
Perhaps my review is skewed because of recent traumatic events but I found this book distasteful. It would possibly be too much to say that this book is cashing in on a disease which has a very low cure rate.... and is among children. I am unsure whether it is written by an actual student as a disertation (in which case the book is incorrectly advertised) or is just copied and pasted from different websites on the subject. Within 30 minutes I found myself on two occasions knowing I had read the very same sentences earlier in the day.

A book that jumps from how to correctly pronounce pediatrician to describing cancer as if we were 6 year olds to arcane and obfusciating medical terminology and referencing... in only 5 pages is suspiciously edited (or should I say cobbled together). What is also suspicious is the lack of other reviews here giving that the subject matter is basically about children dying of cancer. My daughter is one of them and I take offense to a four page list of everything that can go wrong with no word about how they may be treated.

I commend the writer on his ingenious 'padding out' where if something can be said in 2 lines make it 5 pages... no! what the heck! let's double it and say the same thing in a different way (which is nothing at all).

I feel cheated.... no! I was cheated. This book was written by the National Cancer Institute (this is what is stated on the sales page). They are a government body in the US (I am in England). I called them.... they have not written this book... so I was told.

After every 5 pages or so another page (at least) lists a huge set of other books from where information has been taken. Who does this? and not have references at the end.I could go on.

Shame on you... Author and Amazon. Take the money, have a beer and be a cretin.

Over the Head binaural USB
Over the Head binaural USB

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good-not great, 17 Mar. 2009
This is my first USB headset. Sound quality is good, recording quality is also very good. The problem is that the one I recieved did not work on vista. I got the vista drivers easily from the sennheiser website but it all takes time. The newer one apparently works with vista sound drivers so it was just my luck. The next think is swithching between it as a sound output and using the pc speakers. Again some work needed and I got Vista Audio changer for free which works ok. Only four stars therefore but would give 5 if sennheiser had their own audio changer program.