Profile for Liane Adam > Reviews

Content by Liane Adam

Liane Adam "fairy" (Scotland)

Food of Ghosts
Food of Ghosts

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read!, 4 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Food of Ghosts (Kindle Edition)
A gripping thriller which I couldn't put down - set in an exotic location to give the story a Pacific twist! Marianne's writing is accessible and well observed and characterisation convincing. I can't wait for the next installment of this classic whodunit! At times it reminded me of The Killing as at various points you become convinced of who the killer is. Highly recommended.

On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street 1)
On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street 1)
by Samantha Young

2.0 out of 5 stars Did I miss something?, 1 April 2013
I saw all the good reviews and thought this would be good, but I found it quite unbelievable, predictable and it lacked a decent storyline.
Disappointing.

The Blue Suitcase
The Blue Suitcase
by Marianne Wheelaghan

5.0 out of 5 stars A story worth reading, 24 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Blue Suitcase (Paperback)
This book moved me to tears and I am so glad I read it. It's so interesting reading a book about WW2 from a different and lesser heard perspective. The writing is fresh and clear but has moments of beauty which will stay with you for a long time. Read this book, you won't be disappointed.

LeapFrog LeapPad Learning Tablet (Pink)
LeapFrog LeapPad Learning Tablet (Pink)
Offered by Rightdeals

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but...., 14 Jan. 2012
The Leap Pad is a great concept and is a sturdy toy which my daughter loves. But... and there is a big but...it eats money as it only takes AA batteries which are guzzled quickly. Also you hardly get any apps so you have to purchase games. Plus, any games which you download seem impossible to actually get onto the Leap Pad for some reason. I wasted £15 on a Princess Pad which took ages to sync and then there was no sign of it on the Leap Pad. We have bought a couple of games and they work very well. My daughter particularly likes Rapunzel.

UGG Australia Classic Kids/ Youth Chocolate - Youth 2 Uk
UGG Australia Classic Kids/ Youth Chocolate - Youth 2 Uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Uggs you like, 7 Dec. 2010
Am delighted to save £50 by buying the children's Uggs. However, I do find the legs are slightly narrower than the adult version, but they are lovely and cosy for the weather at the moment so am happy with them.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars looks lovely!, 16 July 2009
It is lovely, but not great to sit in as it is too full of beans.
Also, the cover is not the easiest to take out for washing.

Saw [DVD]
Saw [DVD]
Dvd ~ Leigh Whannell
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Saw far saw good, 2 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Saw [DVD] (DVD)
I actually didn't even think I wanted to watch this film as horrors scare me and I thought it was just going to be a mindless gore fest, but it was an actually very good film with a thoughtful story. I did have to hide my eyes at quite a few bits, but I would certainly recommend it!

The Secret Migration
The Secret Migration

5.0 out of 5 stars secret migration, 7 April 2008
This review is from: The Secret Migration (Audio CD)
amazing! I love it - my favourite Mercury Rev. Track 5 is so beautiful. Buy it, you won't regret it.