ARRAY(0xa8094f84)

Profile for R. Pearce > Reviews

Content by R. Pearce

R. Pearce (Shropshire, UK)

Wish You Were Here [Experience Edition]
Wish You Were Here [Experience Edition]
Price: 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A plea to the record companies, 9 Nov 2011
Superb music - I can't add to previous reviewers comments on that score. However I would like to add to some comments re the packaging. I personally quite like the cardboard sleeves that are becoming more common (although not digipacks - once the clips holding a CD are broken there is no way to replace them).

My moan is about the way in which the CDs and booklets are crammed in (and I do mean crammed!) into the sleeves - they are extremely difficult to put back in once you get them out, and don't get me started on the lack of protection for the CDs from the cardboard surfaces. I have a couple of Japanese/Korean CDs with proper inner sleeves. Why can't the cardboard sleeves be made a tiny bit larger to allow for easier extraction and reinsertion; and why do the record companies continue to think of the UK market as inferior to Japan - surely the majority of people buying these remasters would be more than willing to pay a few pence more for proper protection for the discs.

Rant over - must get back to the music.

P.S. Does anyone know if it is just the three albums (DSOTM, WYWH and The Wall) that will benefit from extra material.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 9, 2011 12:18 PM GMT

Archives: Volume 1: 1963-1972
Archives: Volume 1: 1963-1972
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 79.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr Disappointed, 13 Jun 2009
I had to get this having waited for it since Neil first announced it way back when. I knew the track listing before ordering so can't complain about that but I do have a couple of gripes.

Firstly - why, when the box costs as much as it does, have Warners given us no decent protection for the disc themselves. Each disc is simply slotted into the gatefold sleeve - over time they will get "sanded". If they are trying to re-create the LP look why not include an inner sleeve. I will be copying my discs to avoid playing the originals.

Secondly - I thought I would support NY directly and buy from his website. Big mistake as I subsequently found it available via Amazon.com at 40% less! Living in the UK I also got stung for a further 18 customs charges.