Profile for Miss J L Webb > Reviews

Step by Step Help for Children with ADHD: A Self-Help Manual for Parents
Step by Step Help for Children with ADHD: A Self-Help Manual for Parents
by Cathy Laver-Bradbury

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book as a parenting "course", 16 Dec. 2012
Many parents have enjoyed borrowing this book. It presents itself as a six step parenting course in a way. Parents have really enjoyed its bullet point succinct style.

How to Take the Grrrr Out of Anger (Laugh & Learn)
How to Take the Grrrr Out of Anger (Laugh & Learn)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 16 Dec. 2012
This is a really good book for understanding and explaining anger management to junior aged children. I have the iPad version but think i may have preferred the paperback but that is only old fashioned personality.

My Friend Fred
My Friend Fred
by Hiawyn Oram

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book, 16 Dec. 2012
This review is from: My Friend Fred (Paperback)
This is a lovely story about sharing the dog with nice big pictures. Children really enjoy reading this book. It doesn't labour the point about sharing or friendship.

Your Feelings: I Feel Bullied
Your Feelings: I Feel Bullied
by Jen Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Dec. 2012
These books are fantastic. The cartoon pictures are brilliant even my autistic children can work out the facial expressions. The hints at the back for therapy sessions based on the book are always helpful. Really really useful books with short simple sentences and repetitive phrases.

Your Feelings: I'm Shy
Your Feelings: I'm Shy
by Karen Bryant-Mole

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 16 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Your Feelings: I'm Shy (Paperback)

What to Do When Bad Habits Take Hold: A Kid's Guide to Overcoming Nail Biting and More (What-To-Do Guides for Kids)
by Dawn Huebner

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as some of the other titles., 16 Dec. 2012
These books are generally fantastic but this book is not quite as good as the worry or anger titles. It is a bit more long winded and doesn't engage younger children quite so well but if you use it for ideas and be a bit more creative it is useful.

The Puppet Company - Finger Puppets - Pom-Pom Mini Sockette
The Puppet Company - Finger Puppets - Pom-Pom Mini Sockette

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good quality. Love it., 16 Dec. 2012
These finger puppets fit any sized finger I've tried age 3 to 68 so far!! I use them in my work to engage children and they almost always get chosen from the toy box. They are really good quality finger puppets. The bright colours and big mouths are very appealing. I use them to act out social skills and friendships or sometimes they are used by the children to express thoughts or feelings that are difficult to say as their own.

The Puppet Company - Finger Puppets - Lipstick Mini Sockette
The Puppet Company - Finger Puppets - Lipstick Mini Sockette

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, 16 Dec. 2012

The Puppet Company - Finger Puppets - Scorch Mini Sockette
The Puppet Company - Finger Puppets - Scorch Mini Sockette

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good quality, 16 Dec. 2012
These finger puppets fit any sized finger. I use them in my work to engage children and they almost always get chosen from the toy box. They are really good quality finger puppets. The bright colours and big mouths are very appealing. I use them to act out social skills and friendships or sometimes they are used by the children to express thoughts or feelings that are difficult to say as their own. Work a treat.

Happy to Be Me!: A Kid Book about Self-Esteem (Elf-Help Books for Kids)
Happy to Be Me!: A Kid Book about Self-Esteem (Elf-Help Books for Kids)
by Christine Adams

3.0 out of 5 stars Great advice and pictures but references to God may not be appropriate for your readers., 16 Dec. 2012
I absolutely adore the pictures in these elf help books. The message is generally good to for my line of work but does often contain reference to God which is not always appropriate for working with a multi-ethnic population. I tend to change the word god to mum/dad/nan/love instead when reading it out. May be fine if working in a church school.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3