Profile for Phil Lewis > Reviews

Content by Phil Lewis

Phil Lewis

IVSO KeyBook Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Lenovo IdeaTab A10-70 Tablet - with Removable Keyboard - will only fit Lenovo IdeaTab A10-70 10.1-Inch Tablet (Black)
Offered by Gambolex

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it - almost totally, 3 Oct. 2014
On time delivery.Fits and protects the tablet well and seems well constructed.Two gripes so far, when trying to type the @ symbol it comes out as *. The advice I got on this is to change the UK keyboard layout on the Tablet to US keyboard. Fine, that may solve the problem for the keyboard, but I didn't want a US keyboard - why are these not made for UK layout if they're being sold in the UK? And the lack of a reasonable manual to explain any issues is disappointing. However, so far, (and certainly for a very reasonable price in comparison to other keyboards or covers I have seen) this would appear to be a good buy.

SuperTooth Buddy Handsfree Bluetooth Visor Car Kit - White
SuperTooth Buddy Handsfree Bluetooth Visor Car Kit - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Super-tooth, 10 Sept. 2014
Excellent delivery times. Good price. BRILLIANT sound quality. I've used this on numerous calls and both I and the people I've talked to have commented that the clarity is excellent. Coupled easily to the two mobiles I have to use. The magnetic clip is very solid and easy to use.
Far superior to using an earpiece.
Just don't forget to turn it off when you're outside the car but still within range, otherwise you're phone is not usable.

Bundle Fuji SL1000 Digital Bridge Camera +Case +Spare Battery +8GB Class 10 SDHC Memory Card (Fujifilm Finepix SL1000 Black 16.2MP 50x Optical Zoom Tilting 3" LCD Display)

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a good buy., 10 Sept. 2014
I've had a Fuji camera before so didn't hesitate when I saw this bundle deal, which I think is excellent value for money.
The many features on the camera make it seem much more than a bridge camera, particularly the electronic viewfinder, accessed and put into operation by putting your eye near it! The zoom function is amazing and the focusing capability supports it well with virtually no lag no matter what zoom position you're in. The Macro capability is more than you'd expect from a camera of this price too.
I've only got two minor gripes with the bundle - the case the camera comes with is barely adequate, the camera just about squeezes into it - as long as you get it into the right position first. There is no way you'll quickly get the camera out of the case when you feel the need for a fast reaction to a potential picture.
Also, I put the battery on charge, only to return later to see that it hadn't charged properly. I adjusted its position in the charger and it charged, however, it seemed to take a very long time. From other reviews I've read the charger seems to have minor issues, which the supplier has dealt with efficiently. I may find out for myself soon if the problem continues!
Delivery of the camera outdid the target times by at least two days, so the supplier was certainly on the ball with that.
Overall, definitely worth the price.

Falcon FI2345 Multi-Purpose compact Pilot Case. Black pilot case, perfect cabin luggage / hand luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 11 Nov. 2013
Good value, good construction, get what you expect for the money. Doesn't get heavy use but I do use it regularly and for what I do it's perfect.

Draper 12544 Soft Grip Mini Plier Set (5 Pieces)
Draper 12544 Soft Grip Mini Plier Set (5 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little set, 11 Nov. 2013
I've been looking for a set like this for a while - does exactly what it says on the tin - love 'em. Great price too.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what it says on the tin., 11 Nov. 2013
These did not fit my 2007 Espace, despite the claims of the ad. They were far too small a bore. However, the return of the item was handled with no fuss and my return postage was also covered. I would use this supplier again despite the problem, they are obviously customer orientated.

Philip's Guide to the Night Sky: A guided tour of the stars and constellations (Philip's Guide to...)

4.0 out of 5 stars Patrick knew how to do it., 11 Nov. 2013
Very informative and worthwhile. I can almost see him in front of me presenting it in his own inimitable way.

A Field Book of the Stars
A Field Book of the Stars

2.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared to work hard, 11 Nov. 2013
Incredibly old fashioned language and complicated to decipher - very hard work. However, as it is free, I can hardly complain.