Profile for Pamela Doherty > Reviews

Content by Pamela Doherty

Pamela Doherty

Page: 1 | 2
Canon DCC-1500 Soft Camera Case for PowerShot SX210 IS/SX220 HS/SX230 HS/SX240 HS/SX260 HS Camera
Offered by Picsio

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Canon Powershot SX260, 11 Feb. 2014
So glad I bought this for my camera. An absolutely snug and perfect fit and feel that my camera is much better protected than if I had bought a cheaper generic camera case.

If you spend a lot on your camera you might as well look after it!

Dussel Red Cover For Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch, Newest 2012 Kindle : Neoprene Slip Case / Sleeve For All 6" Non-Keyboard Kindle Models

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps my Kindle Warm and Cosy, 11 Feb. 2014
Great buy if you don't want to add a lot of bulk and weight to your Kindle.

I am still a little nervous as this wouldn't protect the screen from bashes or hard objects in my bag but when it is in there I am just more careful. I really wanted to keep the Kindle as small and light as possible as the main reason for buying it was so I didn't need to carry bulky books around with me anymore.

Beginner's World Atlas, Revised Edition (National Geographic Kids)
Beginner's World Atlas, Revised Edition (National Geographic Kids)
by National Geographic

4.0 out of 5 stars Its huge, 11 Feb. 2014
I should have read the dimensions before I bought this. It is massive. Definately a book to be layed on the floor and read rather than held (especially by a 5 year old).

The content on the book is reasonable and I like how the maps aren't cluttered with loads of words and pictures, as are a lot of childrens atlases. It is well laid out and is very simple yet informative for younger readers.

My Favourite Mini Disco Songs
My Favourite Mini Disco Songs

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work properly, 11 Feb. 2014
While the songs on this cd are, in theory, great for a childrens party the cd doesn't work properly.

A friend and I both purchased this cd independently and have both had problems with the cd stalling, crackling on the same songs. Maybe it was just a faulty batch but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone else just in case.

LeapFrog Explorer App Centre Download Card (for LeapPad and Leapster)
LeapFrog Explorer App Centre Download Card (for LeapPad and Leapster)
Offered by Killer Deal

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, 11 Feb. 2014
The apps for the leappad are quite expensive and vary from around £2.50 - £20. This card gives you access to the full range of leappad apps and games so its a must if you want to buy a few of the cheaper apps so your child can have a variety of games without breaking the bank.

This card gives you £15 of credit in the leappad store so works out good value if you but it at around £10

London Clock - 24183 - Kids Tell The Time Wall Clock
London Clock - 24183 - Kids Tell The Time Wall Clock
Offered by Carters of London

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Chearful, 11 Feb. 2014
I bought this for my 5 year old to help develop an interest in telling the time and also so he could see when it was a sensible time to get out of bed in the morning.

While the clock looks lovely and functions well I was a bit disappointed in its functionality as a time teaching aid. The big and little hands are very similar sizes and I feel the small white writing on the blue background is difficult to read when the clock is mounted at an average height on the wall.

Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set
Melissa & Doug Pirate Costume Role Play Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 11 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Childrens Pirate Costume (Toy)
A really good quality well made dressing up outfit. I particulary like the fact that it comes with hat, sword and eye patch, which would normally have to be purchased separately with cheaper costumes. The one thing that lets this down is that it doesn't come with a bottom half but this is standard for all the Melissa & Doug costumes.

LeapFrog LeapReader Reading and Writing System (Green)
LeapFrog LeapReader Reading and Writing System (Green)

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Technology, 11 Feb. 2014
I bought this for my four year old to help get him interested in words and reading. Unfortunately it hasn't really done the trick but I am not sure if that is just down to his temperament because I think the technology is brilliant.

The books are very interactive and you can use the reader to read them in a variety of different ways to help with word recognition, blending and just for pure entertainment. Most of the pictures can be clicked on to make noises or comments from the characters. There are also games and some songs contained within the books.

The book that comes with it is pretty rubbish - its basically just a big advert for all the other books and writing paper you can buy. If you buy this for a child I definately recommend buying one of the books or activity sets at the same time so they can get the most from it straight away.

I do think the RRP is quite expensive but I would say its a good purchase if you pay betwee £20 - £30. Please bear in mind that the books that go with this product are quite expensive which is the main reason I have only given it 4 stars.

Trademark Collections SPID001075 Spiderman Movie Backpack (Black)
Trademark Collections SPID001075 Spiderman Movie Backpack (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, functions well, 11 Feb. 2014
My boy is really happy with this bag. He is a tall 5 year old and it is perhaps a little big for him but at least it save me buying a new bag next year.

Haven't had any issues with wear and tear and, after 6 months of use, it still looks like new.

A good purchase

LeapFrog Explorer Game: Transformers Rescue Bots Race to the Rescue (for LeapPad and Leapster)

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys Love It, 11 Feb. 2014
Of the leappad games I have puchased this is the closest to a ds game (think Super Mario) although it is also educational teaching about the weather, rescue services, maps etc.

My boys 4 and 6 really enjoy it.

If only more of the leappad games were more like this, (instead of still pictures with voice overs).

Don't think any of the leappad Apps/Games/Books are particulary great value but they are worth considering when half price. This is definately one of the more entertaining games and I would happily recommend it to parents who feel their children are too young for a more mainstream games console.

Page: 1 | 2