Profile for Ann Kean > Reviews

Ann Kean

Bumble Bee Cake Decorations
Bumble Bee Cake Decorations

5.0 out of 5 stars Buzzy bees, 9 Feb. 2013
I made a beehive cake, and these were just perfect to finish it off! Packaged well to send, and arrived intact.

Baby's 1st Scan Photo Frame
Baby's 1st Scan Photo Frame
Offered by Those Special Moments

5.0 out of 5 stars Photo fame, 9 Feb. 2013
Not what I'd want on show, but bought for someone who really liked it and still uses it although the baby is now a toddler. The frame is lovely, a brushed silver, and the decoration is really cute. Reasonably priced and seems to be well made.

Kitchen Craft Telescopic Pickle Fork
Kitchen Craft Telescopic Pickle Fork
Offered by Indiabazaar

5.0 out of 5 stars Innovative pickle fork, 9 Feb. 2013
My mother had one of these years ago, and I decided I should get one. Best idea yet for retrieving onions out of the jar! No messing about with a spoon,'fishing' for that elusive last onion. Quick release mechanism finds the onion on your plate, not rolling onto the table! One of my best buys!

Harvard Stripe Print Cushion Cover, Green, 40 x 60 Cm
Harvard Stripe Print Cushion Cover, Green, 40 x 60 Cm
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Matching cushion for bedroom., 9 Feb. 2013
Bought curtains and duvet cover from a local shop, and had them quite a while before using. Found these cushions on the amazon site, and realised there's lots of accessories. Used as decoration on my sons bed along with previous purchases. Not so sure he likes them all over the bed, but I think it looks great, and finishes off the decor!

My Granny's Purse
My Granny's Purse
by Paul E. Hanson
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything but the kitchen sink!, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: My Granny's Purse (Board book)
Great interactive book for pre schoolers. Children love finding what's in the depths of granny's bag. They can try on the glasses, look at photos and read messages. A book to be shared with grandma! Adult supervision needed.

The Queen's Knickers
The Queen's Knickers
by Nicholas Allan

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the queen really have all these knickers?!, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Queen's Knickers (Paperback)
This was bought for the golden jubilee celebrations of 2012! Our house entered into the spirit of the celebrations by getting anything related to the event. I remembered this book from my play group work, and decided I would buy it for our young visitors. A hilarious story for pre school children. Well illustrated and just enough text to keep their interest. A frequently asked question from the little ones.......does the queen really have all those knickers!

Ladybird Flask Story Of Cricket
Ladybird Flask Story Of Cricket

5.0 out of 5 stars Sporty flask, 9 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Ladybird Flask Story Of Cricket
Bought this as a present for a cricket mad family member! Great idea, and just the right size for two cups of coffee!

Sirdar Salsa Scarf Knitting Wool/Yarn 006 - per 150g ball
Sirdar Salsa Scarf Knitting Wool/Yarn 006 - per 150g ball

3.0 out of 5 stars Frilly scarf wool, 9 Feb. 2013
Saw a video own how I use this yarn and thought t looked great! I'm not as thrilled with it as other scarf wools. It seems to me that the yarn could be wider to have more of a flounced effect, and leaving 8 cm between loops makes the stitch very loose, and can be seen underneath the ruffle. However the colour choice is good, and it's a nice soft yarn.

I'm Not Scary! (Touch & Feel)
I'm Not Scary! (Touch & Feel)
by Rod Campbell
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars The scary spider!!, 9 Feb. 2013
I bought this book for my 15 month granddaughter, as she loves the paperback version, but I felt it would soon get torn. The story with flaps is exactly the same fun, hide and seek features as the paperback, but the scary spider is more robust! It's not a pop up spider, which I must admit makes the story fun, but it's more suitable for the toddler age range. I still use it under supervision at this age, but feel a younger child who cares about books could be left alone to use.