Profile for zedtwed > Reviews

Content by zedtwed

zedtwed

Page: 1 | 2
What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
What Have I Done? (No Greater Love)
by Amanda Prowse

2.0 out of 5 stars Lost the plot!, 20 Jan 2014
When I started this book, I was gripped, desperate to find out what had happened to her. Then halfway through it was like a totally different book, as if I'd stumbled upon some bad girl done good chick lit. I just didn't get it, and the ending was just so unbelievable and out of character. It was wrong on all levels. Sorry but don't waste your time.

The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
The Unlikely Pilgrimage Of Harold Fry
by Rachel Joyce

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Sweet, 4 Nov 2013
I anjoyed this book, it was touching and sad but also funny and interesting. I'd not have bothered with the hangers on at the end but otherwise I thought it was great. Not quite Mark Haddon but nearly.

The Burning Air
The Burning Air
by Erin Kelly

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILL!, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Burning Air (Paperback)
This was recommended to my and I practically inhaled it. I wont tell you the twist which comes about a quarter of the way throgh but I literlly shot up out of bed with an audiable OH.MY.GOD then had to go back and re read loads of it looking for clues. Its a killer. Loved it.

What Alice Forgot
What Alice Forgot
by Liane Moriarty

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed it, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: What Alice Forgot (Paperback)
This is the second Liane Moriarty book I have read and I really enjoyed it. Really easy to read but more thought provoking than the usual chick lit. The only reason I didnt give it 5 stars was becuase I just did not get the point of Frannie's blog. It just seemed out of place in the story.

Wool (Wool Trilogy 1)
Wool (Wool Trilogy 1)
by Hugh Howey
Price: 3.50

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have called it 'Dull', 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: Wool (Wool Trilogy 1) (Paperback)
I really wanted to like this book as had read so many reviews. For the first couple of chapters it was good but then it was just so predictable, you basically knew from the start what the end would be. I was so bored I forced myself to finish it but could easily skip pages and pages of descriptive narrative without missing anything important. It was just too long, it also threw up loads of questions and no matter what answer I came up with it did not match the theme of the book.

It was too far fetched whilst being too simple all at once.

Little Monsters
Little Monsters
by Charles Lambert
Price: 7.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull and lacking, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Little Monsters (Paperback)
I really must be missing something here because for me, the book lacked substance. It started off well but once it took itself to Italy there were so many unanswered questions I felt like I had started reading one book and finished another. *SPOILER* how did she end up with Josef? Why did he leave her so suddenly (yes because of the girl but it seemed a bit over the top, a few visits and bosh he was gone). Why were they in Italy? Where had the boat been coming from?

It was just half a story, which I could sum up in 133 words:

Girls parents dies, lives with aunt who hates her, ends up marrying her step uncle, moves to Italy, rescues a girl from the sea, uncle leaves. End of story.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn

4.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Hardcover)
I was really gripped by this book, a realyl good thriller with lots of OMG moments, the only downside being it got a tiny bit far fetched at the end but it was still great.

Memorandom: A Journal for Lists, Memories, and Miscellany
Memorandom: A Journal for Lists, Memories, and Miscellany
by Potterstyle
Edition: Diary
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for teenagers, 20 May 2013
I bought this for a friend whilst she is not a teenager I think she will really like it. Some of the questions are a little lame, and some assume you live in the USA but otherwise it’s a fun memoir.

Into the Darkest Corner
Into the Darkest Corner
by Elizabeth Haynes
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best book I have read in years, 20 May 2013
I was recommended this book by a friend and I was GRIPPED from the moment I picked it up. I love the way the story was told in two parts… then and now and how you just didn’t know what would happen next.

As a female you can actually see how women get into these situations with men and I found myself routing for her and questioning what I would do in the same circumstances.

Every day I looked forward to getting into bed to read it… I was gutted when I finished it but have raved to everyone about it.
A true thriller.

PestBye Battery Operated Cat Repeller - Ultrasonic Cat Scarer
PestBye Battery Operated Cat Repeller - Ultrasonic Cat Scarer
Price: 14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars No Cats Scared!, 20 May 2013
It doesnt work, in fact the day after we installed it the cat was sat in our rockery right in front of it. Our Dog however has gone no where near it
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2013 9:33 PM BST