Profile for C. Clarke > Reviews

Content by C. Clarke

C. Clarke (UK)

Breil Ladies Mark Quartz Watch TW0660 with Pink Analogue Dial, Date, Stainless Steel Case and Bracelet

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but, 11 April 2012
The watch is stunning, a litle on the large size but I really like it. The most disappointing thing was that the battery needed replacing 2 months after I received it and seeing as I had only worn it once I was a little miffed at that and the fact that the storage case - with little use has fallen to bits. I believe that the low price is because this is really old stock that has been sitting around perhaps since Noah was a boy!!! Shame really because the watch is beautiful and the poor packaging and battery life take the shine off it a little but then I suppose you get what you pay for.

Designer Bathroom Basin Mixer Tap Iseo line
Designer Bathroom Basin Mixer Tap Iseo line
Offered by Lagento!
Price: 74.99

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 11 April 2012
I wanted a tap that looked simple and yet stylish, couldn't be more pleased. The bathroom is still in the process of being installed and I can't wait to see the tap installed. Will update the review once it is installed and working.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2012 9:27 PM GMT

Aurora AS1018CD 10 Sheet Cross Cut Paper Shredder
Aurora AS1018CD 10 Sheet Cross Cut Paper Shredder
Price: 47.27

1.0 out of 5 stars A great little shredder - oh no it isn't, 30 Mar 2010
After having 2 Fellowes shredders that had disappointed I was unsure what to purchase when the last one failed and from the reviews and the price I thought this was certainly worth a try. It is early days but at the moment I think this is a fantastic shredder for the money. It is tidy and compact and although I was a little put off by the discription of how you had to lift the top off to be able to empty the bin and wondered how much of a chore that would be, the fact that there is a study handle on the top it is a very easy thing to do. There is only one tiny down side and that is the bin does not fill evenly, the shreddings just stack in the middle - but then this makes emptying easier (With the old shredder I used to wait until the bin was full and then ended up with an enormous amount of shreddings and no matter how careful I tried to empty it I always ended up with shredding escaping. All in all I would certainly recommend this shredder. How quickly things change - this shredder only lasted a few months and it was not overworked but while it worked it was good. However the sensor has now packed up and I am so disappointed I certainly would not wish to encourage anyone to buy this shredder.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2011 3:03 PM BST

ULTIMATEADDONS Brown Ladies Netbook Tote Hand Bag for Samsung NC10 Linux/XP Edition's

5.0 out of 5 stars If Carlsberg did Netbook Bags for Ladies......, 1 Feb 2010
Last week I purchased a Toshiba NB200 Netbook and wanted a small carrying case to be able to safely carry it to meetings etc. Sadly I didn't find this particular bag and purchased a sleeve type case as a temporary solution. I was so disappointed with the sleeve that I set about searching for a carrying case immediately and by chance stumbled across this bag. As I hinted in the title, if Carlsberg made Netbook Bags for Ladies then they would be responsible for this one. It comfortably takes my netbook (even when it is in the sleeve and by the way this is a netbook with the larger battery pack - the product description says the depth of the netbook pocket is 7.7" but because the velcro strap is elasticated it allows for the extra battery pack) and there is plenty of room inside the bag for "bits and bobs", a pocket for mobile phone, another that takes my micro mouse and still room for purse etc. and pockets on the outside for car keys etc. I was a little concerned that as it was not real leather it was perhaps going to look a little cheap - there was no need to worry, the quality is fantastic and I couldn't be more pleased. I would certainly recommend this and I cannot wait to attend my next meeting when for once in my working life I am going to be able to walk into the room feeling elegant and not stumbling through the door weighed down by all my bags and this will be down to my netbook and netbook "organiser" bag.

Sony Bravia KDL37W5810U 37-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freesat (Installation Recommend)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant picture, 28 Jan 2010
Looked at various TV's before selecting this one, hesitant as this was more expensive but was helped by reading reviews - it has turned out to be well worth the money. The picture quality is brilliant and this is just off our normal aerial it will only get better, if that is possible, when we have the dish installed for HD. The freeview is also very good and we get less picture break up than we did with the old TV, so much better that it rarely happens. It also looks very clean and smart. Have already recommended this to friends.

The Allen Book of Painting and Drawing Horses
The Allen Book of Painting and Drawing Horses
by Jennifer Bell

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me believe I can do it, 13 Oct 2009
I was looking for a book to help me get through my frustration of wanting to draw horses and avoiding doing it because I thought it was beyond my capabilities. I picked another book and then added this one just to get over the threshold for free delivery. So glad I picked this book it is far better than the one I thought I needed. This is written in such a knowledgeable and relaxed manner and just leaves you with the feeling you can attempt drawing horses and also makes you feel you want to. If you are a frustrated "doodler" who loves horses I cannot think of a better book to encourage you. I think it is brilliant.

August DA110BD 11" Freeview/Analogue LCD TV & DVD/Video/Music/Photo Player
August DA110BD 11" Freeview/Analogue LCD TV & DVD/Video/Music/Photo Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic picture quality for such a little unit, 5 Mar 2008
This is great unit for the money, the picture quality is unbelievably good. I did struggle to get the freeview channels on the indoor aerial but once connected to the house aerial there was no problem at all. The only thing I would say against it is that if you want to play music DVD's the sound is a little "tinny" and you may be disappointed but as a tv and dvd (film) player it is brilliant. Not only that it looks good too.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2009 11:11 PM GMT