Profile for Grimmconsumer > Reviews

Handbook of Coaching Psychology: A Guide for Practitioners
by Stephen Palmer
Price: 28.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful reference text, 22 July 2014
A very useful overview of coaching psychology and essential reading if studying for your certificates in Coaching Psychology and/or Performance Coaching.

Aspire E1-572P 15.6 inch Touchscreen Notebook (Iron) - (Intel Core i5 4200U, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8.1)
Price: 429.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gutted! Should have bought online, 22 July 2014
I have to admit breaking my own rule, which is to always shop around. I bought it for 439.99 from Curry's/PC World who claimed it was in the sale with 30 off. Given the RRP is 459.99 according to Amazon, then it should have been at least 429.99 so been ripped off royally as is a lot less on Amazon. Still my error - I was in a hurry, needing a laptop quickly, but even next day would have been cheaper. As it is, I love this machine. I've set it up easily (another little scam from PC World was to say I'd need a 32gb stick for backup and should use their Know-how package) and it is running like a dream. Love the keyboard which requires only a light touch, though is not backlit so no use for teenagers sneaking onto their machines under the covers. The screen is very clear and everything happens quickly with the i5 processor. Seems faster than my I-mac. I keep hearing or reading about people who moan about Windows 8.1 but they clearly have never used the Apple OS which is US. This Aspire is a great machine. I'm impressed with ACER. [I have an ACER Revo too that my 90 year old mother-in-law uses and she loves it.]

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-n055sa 14" Laptop (Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD) - White
Offered by IHI
Price: 699.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It's quick and the touchscreen makes a huge difference with W8, 15 April 2014
Just bought this machine from PC World (price here seems high!) and it was so easy to set up. Came with plenty of apps, though notice none of the machines now offer Microsoft Office as standard so got that to instal. However, if everything else was so easy to instal then expect no real problems. Keyboard had reasonable feedback from the keys and certainly better than the i-mac keypad on my 'normal' PC which is the worst bit of ergonomics ever. The touchpad is easy to use too on the HP (as compared to the crazy mouse that comes with the i-mac.). Nice machine in a smart looking case and light to carry.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 14, 2014 7:51 AM BST

Acer Aspire REVO RL80 NETTOP Intel  1500 MHz 500 GB , HD GPU
Acer Aspire REVO RL80 NETTOP Intel 1500 MHz 500 GB , HD GPU

4.0 out of 5 stars Just right for what I need, 23 Jan 2014
I did not buy from Amazon but from Maplin Electronics who were extremely helpful and have them 'off the shelf' for 268.00 at the moment. I've bought it for my 89 year old mother in law who has only 3 demands - must have Skype, email and search engine. I've stripped back many of the tiles on the start menu, to simplify as far as I can. Having not had Windows 8 before, I think it is a mare of a system and although it offered to upgrade automatically to 8.1 (which removes many glitches) I can't for the life of me find out where that is happening or has happened as takes me to ACER's apps shop which is as much use as a leaky bucket. Skype too is weird (see the chat rooms, etc for the slamming of that product and the lack of response from Skype re its difficulties using with Windows 8) and at the moment depends on my M-in-L 'dialling' out as she seems to have no button to click on for receive. Email great once I'd worked out that it works in conjunction with 'People' tile so that addresses can be stored as received onto People address book. I could not find an online manual for the Revo that helps with the software and not tested out ACER yet. However, that said, looks very neat on the stand (VESA on large TV is too far apart - would need adaptor - to use on back of monitor/TV) and super silent. One thing that did flummox my mum was finding the on-off button on the front. It's so well disguised she could not with her eyesight see it. [Tip: It's on the copper strip at the centre of the front panel].

ACER DT.SMBEK.009 Aspire Revo RL80 Nettop PC Celeron (887) 1.5GHz 4GB 750GB DVD Writer WLAN BT Windows 8 64-bit

4.0 out of 5 stars Trecking for MiniPCs on the Tottenham Court Road, 14 Jan 2014
I trawled through Amazon, read about all the different models but needed one really quickly for 89year old mother who wanted something to replace her old HP box that did the basics, so ended up on the Tottenham Court Road looking for mini-PCs. Most shops either (a) didn't have a clue what they were or (b) did not stock them. Finally got one in Maplin's. Staff amazingly helpful and price the same as online (currently discounted by 20 from their normal price) so saved on postage and packing, plus waiting. It's a neat box, if heavy. I could not imagine it on the back of a cheapo monitor or TV (using the VESA points) so if you had that in mind check how robust your stand is. Had intended to pair it up with a 21inch HDTV from Polaroid that I've had a while but thought the stand looked a bit wobbly. Features are great on it for the price and size. Came with a microsoft office trial copy and windows 8. The no's are - no modem, no speakers, no keyboard, no mouse...and of course, no monitor. If you are buying one for it, go for a touchscreen (about 180) to make best use of Windows 8.

Office for Mac Home and Business Edition 2011 (1 User, 1 Mac) (Software)
Office for Mac Home and Business Edition 2011 (1 User, 1 Mac) (Software)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 30 Dec 2013
I paid well below the ridiculous prices that Microsoft want for their products. Worked well and immediately with my i-mac. Much nicer to use than Word 2010 etc.

Berlei Heaven Lace Padded B5045 Plunge Women's Bra Black 36B
Berlei Heaven Lace Padded B5045 Plunge Women's Bra Black 36B
Price: 26.00

5.0 out of 5 stars bought for my better half, 30 Dec 2013
It arrived in a plastic bag, so did not look as attractive as they are when boxed but the product is well made. My wife finds it very comfortable and is very happy with the design, the quality and (as mentioned) the comfort. So was it worth the cost? Absolutely. And to add to the positives, it arrived ahead of expected time.

Black (2005) - Amitabh Bachchan - Rani Mukherjee - Bollywood - Indian Cinema - Hindi Film [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amitabh Bachchan
Offered by desitunes4u
Price: 26.51

5.0 out of 5 stars this is no Bollywood film, 11 Oct 2013
No, this is grown up Indian cinema, something that stretches the brain. There are flaws in it, not least some moments of overacting, but the film tugs at the emotions in a satisfying, challenging way.

Intex Ultra Plush Airbed with Built In Electric Pump (67952)
Intex Ultra Plush Airbed with Built In Electric Pump (67952)
Offered by activeleisure
Price: 39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars instant bedroom, 27 Jan 2013
This product had to support a large member of the family and did it admirably. It needed a little top up each day but think that was due to the weight of Its first! Now packed neatly away in Its own bag, taking up little space. The company that delivered it kept to their Promise. Really good product and service.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars The best once adjusted, 23 Aug 2012
not bought off Amazon, but for a lot more than priced here, I'm ashamed to say. This is a great bag with the inner sleeve for the laptop great to use when I don't need the power pack around the offices. Yes, that front pocket is a problem because with the bag always at 45 degrees it's possible for stuff to fall out of it. A design weakness that needs remedying. Very easy to attach and remove, though did experience my heel hitting the bag until I worked out how to adjust it. The manual was not very informative on that score as needed not only top hooks adjusting but the sliding clip too. However, overall very pleased with the product and even though I paid over the odds, better to use than any 'ordinary' laptop bag; especially the backpack type which in my experience can break at the straps.

Page: 1 | 2