Profile for Joe > Reviews

SupaHome Plastic Clothes Peg (Pack of 24) SHPP24
SupaHome Plastic Clothes Peg (Pack of 24) SHPP24
Offered by MyBlueCloudShop

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Value for Money, 2 Jun. 2014
While I do prefer this type of peg, and I am sure they will do the job just fine - at over three quid for a mere handful of these little lumps of plastic, they are vastly overpriced (a third of the cost would have been more appropriate).

As I was aware what I was ordering I will be keeping them (if they break easily I will update this quick 'review') - its just that the poor value for money only really hit home when I saw just how few there were loosely 'packaged' in a shipping sleeve.

Therefore this is not a purchase I have come away from feeling glad to have made - I suppose pegs are one of those rare type of items where on-line isn't necessarily cheapest.

The Bourne Legacy (Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
The Bourne Legacy (Blu-ray + Digital Copy + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Renner
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Bourne without Bourne, 25 Feb. 2014
I have put off watching this film for quite some time. As a fan of the other 3 movies, I just couldn't imagine how the franchise could possibly be improved (let alone maintained) without Matt Damon as Jason Bourne. I also can't help but think that the decision of a lead actor to not continue in a role is suggestive of a poor script.

I need not have worried. The Bourne Legacy is an excellent fourth installment to the series. The integration of the storyline with those of the previous films is non-linear and intelligently done, and Jeremy Renner is excellent as a 'program participant'. I was extremely hesitant of this aspect of the film (Renner as lead), as I just couldn't imagine being in awe of Cross as much as I was Bourne - however he manages to do this at least as well and was perfectly believeable and enjoyable to watch in the role.

Overall I have enjoyed watching this film immensely; both excited and captivated by the action and the story. As with the other 3 movies I will most definitely watch again so as to grasp every nuance of the plot.

I am more than happy to add it to my shelf alongside the other 3.

Samsung UE32F4500 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LED TV (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by TODO! TODO!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Short Review, 24 July 2013
As someone who is fairly technically minded, whenever I buy new technology I spend at least a week reading up on the latest technology and price specific specifications in order to make the most of what little money I have.

I have never bought a brand-new television before, and my existing one was a behemoth and was technologically a whole different species to the screens currently being sold. In accordance with my initial statement, I visited a number of tech review sites, and read up on some of the current technologies in modern televisions within my price range.

I was initially set on getting a Full HD screen, as while I wouldn't be taking full advantage of this technology immediately, I reasoned that it would be something that would be benefitted from in the long term. However I also wanted LED backlighting, at least one USB port that could also be recorded to, 3+ HDMI ports and a 32" screen, not to mention being somewhat (and in many cases unfairly) snooty with relation to many of the unknown brands - all culminating in a need to sacrifice certain aspects in order to stay on budget.

I hadn't even considered the Samsung UE32F4500, as it was only HD Ready (720p) and not Full HD (1080p). On reading a number of reviews on the TV's I had shortlisted, I came across this model which was explained as almost identical to the next model up (the UE32F5500) apart from a few areas that weren't too important to me... other than the lower screen resolution. However on reading a little deeper I began to understand that the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 32" screen was not actually that significant, with 1080p only really coming into its own on the larger screens. I realised that I wasn't actually going to benefit enough by the highest definition image enough to warrant it in a television..

So with integrated Wi-Fi and the Smart TV functions (both of which meant I didn't need to have that level of connectivity or function in my satellite receiver) I found that this TV actually met and exceeded all my desired specifications, plus saved money when buying a HD receiver.

On receiving the TV it is truly beautiful. Very light and easy to set-up, I can also tell that the On-TV Smart TV function isn't just a gimmick that will eventually become ignored too - especially as it becomes used to what types of programmes I tend to watch. The remote is stylish and can also be used to control my existing set-top box with the included universal IR (infra-red) connector.

I am extremely pleased with this purchase, and would not hesitate to recommend this TV to friends and family. Or you.
Comment Comments (18) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2014 12:21 PM BST