Profile for Chad > Reviews

Chad

Pentax Optio S5z Digital Camera - [5Mp, 3x Optical]
Pentax Optio S5z Digital Camera - [5Mp, 3x Optical]

5.0 out of 5 stars Best little camera ever, 15 Dec. 2005
I have owned quite a few digital cameras, all of which seemed to have followed the rules of 'technical tradeoffs':
If you want quality, you pay more and you lose form factor.
If you want form factor, you pay more and you lose quality
If you pay less, you lose on both quality and formfactor.
And so on and so on.
Knowing this, I bought this camera for its form factor and hence did not expect the highest quality pictures. Nonetheless, it has impressed me. I've barely touched the settings since I put the camera on auto focus and auto flash (well, except adjusting white balance).
In fact, this is my second optio. I purchased the 4MP for myself about a year ago, and purchased the 5MP as a gift this year. The S5i has a much bigger and higher quality screen than the 4MP, which makes it easier to decide if you've nailed the shot or not.
Overall, I would suggest this camera for a beginner/casual photographer on the go..

Ocean's Twelve [DVD] [2004]
Ocean's Twelve [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ George Clooney
Offered by Qoolist

2.0 out of 5 stars Really brightens up a room, 14 Dec. 2005
This review is from: Ocean's Twelve [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
Ocean's 12 is best suited for those who enjoy background noise while performing other tasks. In particular, this DVD emanated just enough light and produced just enough sound to keep me tangentially entertained while reading a document.

The Times Su Doku
The Times Su Doku
by Wayne Gould

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for killing time, 13 Dec. 2005
This review is from: The Times Su Doku (Paperback)
I find su Suko puzzle great for killing time over the holidays. Let's face it, you can't spend two weeks eating turkey and drinking egg nog. This book has really helped me space out the beinges.