Profile for Pulse326 > Reviews

Pulse326

Alpine Mountaineering: Essential Knowledge for Budding Alpinists
Alpine Mountaineering: Essential Knowledge for Budding Alpinists
by Bruce Goodlad

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for someone who wants to find out more, 8 April 2012
If you've ever looked up at the mountains and thought how you'd like to 'give it a go' then I'd recommend this book as a terrific place to start. Enough detail to give you the confidence that you won't feel like a total 'numpty' when you arrive at the car park where your guide and all the other 'proper climbers' are waiting! I'm much more likely to get into the mountains now - bring on the summer!

HY Mini Wind Turbine (Bike Kit)
HY Mini Wind Turbine (Bike Kit)

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't charge on the move, 25 Sept. 2011
I bought this to charge my phone as I ride along on my bike and was very disappointed to find that you can't do this. You'd have to stop and power up once every hour or so - not very practical on a long bike ride - I might as well use a battery pack and avoid looking like a hippy! Also, there is no iPhone adaptor. This is a great idea but it just doesn't quite deliver.

Bike Bicycle Cycle Mount with Waterproof TOUGH CASE for the Apple iPhone 4 Smartphone
Offered by Buybits Addons

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like this case, 25 Sept. 2011
This is a good solid case - I'm happy to strap it to my bike without worrying about what will happen to my phone.