Profile for EJ > Reviews

Brabantia Clothes Pegs - Lavender
Brabantia Clothes Pegs - Lavender
Offered by SHM TRADERS

2.0 out of 5 stars expensive and not v. effective, 14 May 2016
I'm a big fan of Brabantia products generally, but was disappointed by these expensive pegs. They are heavy, take up lots of room in the peg bag, don't secure the clothes firmly to the line (so the pegs slide if it's windy), yet still leave marks on your clothes. As it is, I only use them for pegging out heavyweight items, such as jeans or towels - just to have something to do with them. I wouldn't buy again.

Swees® Ultra Slim Apple iPad Air (5th 2013 Version) Case Cover, Full Protection Smart Cover for iPad Air iPad 5 5th With Magnetic Auto Wake & Sleep Function + Screen Protector & Stylus Pen - Green
Offered by swees-shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and good value for money, 14 May 2016
I've had this six months and it's the best IPad cover I've had. Others I've had were even cheaper but the cases cracked after a few months of daily use. This one still looks fine by contrast. So, if it did break, I'd re-purchase.

Philips QC5530 Do-It-Yourself Hair Clipper with 180 Degree Rotating Head
Philips QC5530 Do-It-Yourself Hair Clipper with 180 Degree Rotating Head
Offered by Megga Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Going strong after 3.5 years, 14 May 2016
I've had this clipper since 2012, sent to me by Philips as a replacement when my previous clipper (Philips QC5345) died a few months after purchase. I felt inspired to write this review because this is the best hair clipper I've had. I use it to trim my hair once a week in the shower (albeit it's not advertised as a 'waterproof' clipper) and it's still working fine after 3.5 years. The battery life has gone down a bit, but you'd expect that. And one full charge still gives enough for about three cuts. I have the feeling it might not last much longer, but if it did die now, I certainly just get a straight replacement. No other clipper I've had has lasted half as long as this one.

Brabantia Toilet Roll Holder - Brilliant Steel
Brabantia Toilet Roll Holder - Brilliant Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Good in a 'Bauhaus' sort of way., 11 Jun. 2015
I bought this because I was fed up with fiddly toilet roll holders that break as soon as you look at them - e.g. because the grub screws fall out, or the attachment to a fixing plate comes loose, or because the raw plugs fall out because they are close together / too small etc. What I like about the Brabantia holder is that it is simple, functional but still looks good once it has the loo roll in it. It is also dead easy to put up with two screws placed well apart for a solid fixing. Indeed, you could even add two more screws to the plastic back plate (by drilling small holes in the bottom corners) if you wanted to fix it to the wall REALLY securely. Having young children, I might yet do this...

VonHaus Black Glass TV Stand for TVs up to 42" with 3 Shelves & Cable Management System Free 2 Year Warranty
Offered by DOMU UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 8 Jun. 2015
Really good value for money. It was very simple to put together, feels robust and looks good.

Duronic KS865 Slim Portable Design Digital Display 5KG Tempered Glass top Kitchen Scales / Postal Scales with 2 Years FREE Warranty
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and reliable, 25 May 2015
Bought this 3 years ago and it still works fine. It's robust, accurate and easy to use. The only slightly irritating feature is that that auto-save does kick in rather quickly - so if you are adding ingredients and turn your back for a minute while getting some more sugar off the shelf, for example, you're liable to find a blank screen waiting for you when you come back. So you do need to make sure you have enough of any given ingredient to hand.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars big and sturdy, 25 May 2015
The main thing to say about this is that the display is BIG. And that works for us. The clock sits on a chest of draws across the room, which makes the time easy to read it you half wake up in the middle of the night and want to check the time, while not being too intrusive either. I'm not sure though whether I'd want to have it right next to my bed - even on the 'dim' light setting it might be a bit bright at a distance of 30cm...

Kindle Paperwhite (6th generation), 6" High Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra money, 1 Oct. 2014
I had the old Kindle before but upgraded tot he Paperwhite when the screen died on that one. The Paperwhite is a far better product. The backlit screen makes it easy to read in low lighting conditions and the touch screen means you don't get RSD turning pages.

Inateck Kindle Paperwhite Case Smart Cover for Amazon All-New Kindle Paperwhite 2015 300 PPI 3rd gen/ 2014/ 2013/ 2012, with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function, Black
Offered by Inateck

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this, 1 Oct. 2014
Low cost, excellent and light-weight product that protects my new Paperwhite well.

Besdata For Apple iPad Air Magnetic Smart Cover Stand + Hard Back Case Free Stylus - Supreme Quality - Protects the Device - UK Stock - Orange - PT4107
Offered by OSAN_MALL

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't get ripped-off by Apple, 1 Oct. 2014
Quite impressed by this. It was a tenth of the price of the equivalent product at the Apple Store and, while a bit less smart, it does the job well. The stylus was a pretty useless add-on, but then I wasn't buying this product for that.

The one drawback worth noting is that I've had two of these and neither lasted more than six months of not very hard use. While I use my iPad every day, it rarely leaves the house, so wasn't getting battered or dropped. But after six months the outer case had cracked by the 'hinge' points and one corner had chipped off. Still, since the case is very cheap, I've just got my third one. When all is said and done, treating this as a 'disposable' still makes more sense than paying £70 for a case from Apple that lasts twice as long.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5