Profile for sandy > Reviews

Content by sandy

sandy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
6FT SUPER HEAVY DUTY - Mattress Storage Bag for up to 6FT matress - FREE DELIVERY
Offered by Save on Goods UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job, 10 Nov. 2014
I bought this for moving my Superking sized mattress in June 2013. It has now been removed after almost 18 months and my mattress is absolutely fine.

I have limited movement in my arms and hand grip, I am probably teaching my grandmother to suck eggs here but I found the bag easy to pull onto the mattress, just concertina it down and concentrate on getting 2 of the furthest corners in and then work each side along the mattress a bit at a time.

I found the bag to have a good and hard wearing thickness for keeping the mattress clean, dry and in good shape. It is a silent night one that has springs and is topped with memory foam, the depth of it is 10 inches, (25.5cms)
I fastened the end of it with 3 inch sticky, silver tape. (Can't remember what it's called)

HUMAN BEHAVIOR BOX SET #1: Narcissism Unleashed! & Cure For Controlling People( NPD, Arrogance, Selfishness, Narcissism, Narcissism Books, Narcissism Epidemic, Narcissistic)(BONUS)

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 10 Nov. 2014
If I could have given them both a Nought, I would have.

For me, they lacked beneficial information and seemed more like a Junior school essay question where the child re-writes the question over and over with a little rearrangement of the words but never actually imparting any information.

I know they were only seventy seven pence but I still think this a waste of my money.

Plasplug MFA500 All-in-One Plugs includes Clip of 52
Plasplug MFA500 All-in-One Plugs includes Clip of 52
Offered by UKDeals Direct Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality Rawl plugs, 17 Sept. 2014
I will never buy another make of rawlplug ever. These are brilliant. They are sturdy, (even the smallest size) and don't splay or tear if you need to give them a thwack with your hammer to make them perfectly flush.

The plastic 'card' that they are attached to has a useful gauge for sizing up plugs and screws, I used it to tell the size of the drill bits too (Tommy Walsh I am not) but these stayed put where I needed them. Previously I had used the ones that came with the fixtures but they were not strong enough and invariably 'slid' back out when I tightened the screw.

Everbuild CYN20 20g General Purpose Industrial Superglue - Clear
Everbuild CYN20 20g General Purpose Industrial Superglue - Clear
Offered by Electromart-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars My Go-To 'Hero' product, 17 Sept. 2014
This has fast become my hero purchase.

Two of the plastic legs of a heavy 80cm kitchen drawer unit had snapped and I thought I was going to have to trawl around to try to get two the same but thought I'd give this a go. Well it worked perfectly and within minutes but I decided to leave it overnight before turning the unit upright and filling the drawers with pans.

I have since used. It on a number of things that have been waiting to be sorted.
It works on virtually anything that is non-porous and you only need to use a small amount. Just keep it off your fingers...it is way stickier than superglue.

Vitrex 10 3302 Versatile Expert 330 Tile Kit
Vitrex 10 3302 Versatile Expert 330 Tile Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely wasted my money on this product - I found it ..., 17 Sept. 2014
Completely wasted my money on this product - I found it useless for cutting my metro tiles and I would have given it no stars if possible. The two spreaders soon clogged with the adhesive and I would have liked them to be more flexible.

Addi 120 cm 3.25 mm Circular Knitting Needle
Addi 120 cm 3.25 mm Circular Knitting Needle

5.0 out of 5 stars Addi for me the best of circular needles, 2 Feb. 2014
Excellent quality - if you want the rolls Royce of the knitting needle world then get these, you won't be disappointed.

No snagging, (liked my bamboo ones) and no getting 'sweaty' knitters hands so you have to go wash them to get the wool to slide. Easier to slide into a stitch compared to plastic ones.

The cable is a great length for larger projects and holds the knitting well without leaving 'put down for a while' then restarted type of marks.

AmazonBasics USB Charging and Synchronising Cable for Apple iPod 4, iPod nano 6, iPad 3, iPhone 4S and Previous Apple Models 1 m / 3.3 Feet  Black
AmazonBasics USB Charging and Synchronising Cable for Apple iPod 4, iPod nano 6, iPad 3, iPhone 4S and Previous Apple Models 1 m / 3.3 Feet Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 2 Feb. 2014
Having read other reviews I decided to choose this one for my iPad. I had expected the lead to be longer than the apple original but it was the same,

However, the reason for my giving it 1 star, (wished there was a 0 star!), it worked for 2 weeks only. Then it would charge only if I wiggled it or kept hold of it...then wouldn't charge at all. Which suggested loose wires inside the sealed unit.

I know that it is the lead rather than me as I am currently using my son's iPod charger with no hassle at all.

Very disappointed, which rarely happens for me with Amazon purchases.

Rats And Squealers: Moles, Grasses and Whistleblowers dishing the dirt
Rats And Squealers: Moles, Grasses and Whistleblowers dishing the dirt
by Gordon Kerr

1.0 out of 5 stars Crime book!, 6 Sept. 2011
Rats and Squealers: Moles, Grasses and Whistleblowers Dishing the Dirt is a book that I really wished I hadn't wasted the pound on never mind bothering to read it. It is definitely in my top ten of rubbish books. It failed to deliver any information of any consequence and frequently relied upon regurgitating facts from centuries ago that bear little resemblance to the front cover of the book.

Le Creuset Cool Tool, 20.5 cm, Cerise (No Longer Available)
Le Creuset Cool Tool, 20.5 cm, Cerise (No Longer Available)

5.0 out of 5 stars Le Creuset Multimat, 31 Aug. 2011
I bought the Le Creuset Silicone Multimat, in Cerise, in 2008 and it has been put through its paces over the past few years and saved many a surface from damage. In most recent times it is used daily, for my bialetti - straight from the hob top onto the mat and for hot pans in the evening. It and never melted, degenerated or lost its colour. It is also used to lift hot pan lids and to stop my pastry board from sliding across the worktop.

Russell Hobbs 13865 3kw Kettle in Stainless Steel with Dual Illumination
Russell Hobbs 13865 3kw Kettle in Stainless Steel with Dual Illumination

5.0 out of 5 stars 3KW Kettle, 31 Aug. 2011
I bought the Russell Hobbs stainless steel 3kw kettle in 2008, and 3 years later it is still going strong, which has to be a first for our household. The Dual Illumination acts as a useful reminder as to whether we have left the kettle on at the mains - it registers as blue as in the photograph of the product online. When it is switched on it turns to red. When not on at the mains it has no colour at all.

The 3kw of power means it boils in no time at all. The Stainless Steel is easy to clean and looks smart. The handle never gets hot and is easy to grip. The black lid flips up for easy filling.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7