Profile for Ms. Ge Bolton > Reviews

Content by Ms. Ge Bolton

Ms. Ge Bolton "A reader" (Leicestershire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Hour Of Darkness (Bob Skinner Mysteries)
Hour Of Darkness (Bob Skinner Mysteries)
by Quintin Jardine

1.0 out of 5 stars He's turned into a truly unpleasant but also totally boring character. I thunk the author is also bored ..., 23 Feb. 2015
It's time for Bob Skinner to be retired or killed off. He's turned into a truly unpleasant but also totally boring character. I thunk the author is also bored with him as the last two books have been predictable almost from the start and pretty tedious to read. I've followed Bob Skinner from the start until now but will not read anything else by this author.

Some Day I'll Find You
Some Day I'll Find You
by Richard Madeley

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than Judy, 16 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Some Day I'll Find You (Paperback)
I found this book surprisingly enjoyable. Surprising because his wife has a total inability to write and I half expected the same. I thought the story was good but agree with the comments about proof reading - I too found the error on page one and nearly read no further. I thought the characterisation could have been better. I also felt that the whole book built up to a climax which was over in a couple of pages - an extra fifty pages would have helped. Overall, glad I read it but not sure I'll but anything else he writes.

Draper Expert 44984 Stainless Steel Patio Weeder with FSC-Certified Ash Handle
Draper Expert 44984 Stainless Steel Patio Weeder with FSC-Certified Ash Handle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my back!, 15 July 2013
I have a lovely block paved patio but it gets full of weeds. Before buying this product I used to have to spend hours on my hands and knees digging the weeds out. I opened this weeder today (great as it comes fully assembled) and spent ten minutes on my patio and it works marvellously. It is quick, gets down to the root and save wear and tear on my knees and back. Fabulous product - thank you.

The Shaman in Stilettos
The Shaman in Stilettos

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Tosh, 9 Feb. 2013
I am totally astonished by the five star reviews. I think the author is the most selfish and self obsessed person I have come across - me, me, me. The book was appallingly written and I really struggled to finish it. Total tosh and never again!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2013 7:30 PM GMT

The Dream House
The Dream House
by Rachel Hore

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Contrived, 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Dream House (Paperback)
I enjoyed reading this book but guessed straightaway the outcome so little of suspense there. The end was so contrived that it really spoilt my enjoyment - and they all lived happily ever after.....

A Perfectly Good Man
A Perfectly Good Man
by Patrick Gale

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Book, 16 July 2012
This review is from: A Perfectly Good Man (Paperback)
I have only read Notes on an Exhibition and chose this as it was a Richard and Judy book club choice. I thought it was stunning, great story sad but also uplifting. I'm just about to have a look at his other books!

The Betrayal of Trust: Simon Serrailler Book 6 (Simon Serrailler 6)
The Betrayal of Trust: Simon Serrailler Book 6 (Simon Serrailler 6)
by Susan Hill

1.0 out of 5 stars not really crime drama any more, 16 April 2012
I have read all of the Simon Serralier novels but found this one profoundly disappointing. As a novel it was fine, as a crime novel it was awful. I guessed from the start whodunnit which made the rest of the book predictable. I honestly think I only read it all the way through 'cos I was stuck at Heathrow airport for five hours when my flight was delayed and it was all I had to read - I think I would have chucked it away otherwise!

The editing was very sloppy - many typos and inconsistencies. I am afraid that I will not be buying these books anymore.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2013 10:54 PM BST

The Mayan Resurrection: Book Two of The Mayan Trilogy
The Mayan Resurrection: Book Two of The Mayan Trilogy
by Steve Alten

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful Book, 20 Sept. 2011
I loved the Mayan Prophecy but this book was so awful I threw it away after about 300 pages! I just couldn't get into it and decided that life is too short to waste time on trying to finish it. There was far too much techi information and I feel that the whole story could have been completed without this and in half the number of pages. I certainly will not be buying the third book!

Kirstie's Homemade Home
Kirstie's Homemade Home
by Kirstie Allsopp

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly awful book, 10 Jan. 2011
Does not live up to its billing at all. hated it and would have given it no stars if I could have. Don't waste any money on this truly awful book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2011 8:30 AM GMT

The Distant Hours
The Distant Hours
by Kate Morton

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good as usual, 16 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The Distant Hours (Hardcover)
I loved Kates first two books and couldn't wait to read this one. However, I guessed most of the secrets very early in the book and so found it somewhat boring and over long. It was a real disappointment to me. Having said that I will buy her next one and just hope its as good as the first two.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3