Profile for S. Cocks > Reviews

Content by S. Cocks

S. Cocks (United Kingdom)

Dema Simplicity Toast Rack, White
Dema Simplicity Toast Rack, White
Offered by Cooking Marvellous
Price: 7.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiny Toast Rack..., 14 Feb 2011
This toast rack is pretty but *very* small. You can get max 4 small thin pieces of toast in it. I am afraid I wouldn't buy this product again if I had seen really how tiny it is. The I should have looked much closer at the size of 12cm...that in itself isn't as bad as the fact that the toast has to be cut very thin to get into it.

Blanx Intensive Stain Removal Toothpaste
Blanx Intensive Stain Removal Toothpaste
Offered by Acdoco
Price: 8.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Tooth Cleaner not whitener...., 14 Feb 2011
This toothpaste is ok though not fantastic. It is not abrasive with particles that can scratch the enamel of the teeth (as far as I can see) however removing stains does not automatically whiten teeth. I will use this toothpaste to remove tea and coffee etc every day and then also a whitening toothpaste and see how I get on.. however.. no really dramatic results for me I'm afraid. I had my teeth whitened at the dentist twice last year.. and now they are beginning to discolour again slowy, so I was hoping to bring them back to the white shade they were when first done. However I think the only way to do that is to go back and have a bleaching again. Still it's at least worth trying to keep up with stain removal.

Starlite Red Stirrup Legwarmers
Starlite Red Stirrup Legwarmers
Offered by Dancing in the Street
Price: 2.21

2.0 out of 5 stars Legwarmers.....that go under the foot, 12 Oct 2010
This review is from: Leg Warmers (Apparel)
The legwarmers arrived and on opening them I realised what a mistake I had made. I needed them to cover a name on my gym tights (since they had the name of my previous gym written on the legs. However, unfortunately I didn't look carefully enough at them to see the part that goes UNDER the foot, making them very uncomfortable and cumbersome. You would think I would notice the name 'stirrup', but alas..not.

I realised that these are maybe mean't for dance (although who would want to wear something under the heel like that to dance in I cannot imagine as it would be uncomfortable) still maybe there's a reason.

They were rather thinner than I wanted, being very thin but looked nice. Maybe they were supposed to be thin because of going under the foot for dancers? I would give these a miss unless you are a young dancer or a teenager who just wants to wear them in her room and around the house. If you have any kind of foot or circulation problems, I would give them a miss.

However the company that delivered them were very sharp and prompt and no nonsense. 100% to them! They were delivered *fast* with simple packing..no waste.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 17, 2011 12:19 PM GMT

Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White
Philips Imageo LED Rechargeable Candle Lights, White
Price: 19.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Romantic and Safe..Candles without fire..useful for many occaisions., 27 Sep 2010
I looked for something like the candles we had on our table on board ship. Low and behold I found them here on Amazon. They are glass and plastic.. which is so much nicer than plastic alone. The size is reasonable and the price excellent. So far we have used them as dinner table candles.. candles on the windowsill, night lights and as a Buddhist, I find that using them instead of real candles on our prayer table.. is far better and safer. Delivery was sharp and prompt and they are very good qulaity and fully rechargeable. The charge remains for a long time.

GEAR4 IceBox Mirror For iPod Classic 80Gb & 160Gb - Silver
GEAR4 IceBox Mirror For iPod Classic 80Gb & 160Gb - Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless...., 12 May 2010
As an ipod Classic 160 gig case I found this case absolutely useless. Unless I was unlucky enough to get a faulty one, I cannot see how anyone could use this case. It's 'mirrored display' makes it impossible to view the playlist as well as to have any hopes whatsoever of watching any movies etc.

Do *not* buy this product unless you want to waste your time having to send it back, which is what I did with mine. It looked to me like one of those 'knock off's' that is often sold in the far east to un suspecting tourists.. that when they get it home, it's useless.

Sorry but I give this product a star value of ZERO (I had to give it one star since there IS no zero rating!).

Once Upon a Time in the Midlands [2002] [DVD]
Once Upon a Time in the Midlands [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Carlyle
Offered by Champion Toys
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Robert Carlyle and Rhys Ifans......., 8 Oct 2009
Once Upon a Time in The Midlands is a very good movie about fairly ordinary people. Illustrating the complications that can arise in lives that are never 'black and white' in terms of emotions. Excellent acting by Rhys Ifans and Robert Carlyle. Both favorites of mine for their gritty performances in many other good movies they are expert at their craft. This is not an exciting movie..but simply very good light drama with a lot of humour. The life of two people and a child in the balance. This is the setting for this movie. The child being torn between two people, one being her real father who is an utter waster (played by Robert Carlyle) and the other a sweet, loving and kind (if not very exciting personality)the lover, (played by Rhys Ifans). These two actors are well casted in these roles, as their own skills in acting are displayed to their best. All in all a good movie to keep. In the style of a good bit of British movie making!

The Nutty Professor (Special Edition) [DVD] [1963]
The Nutty Professor (Special Edition) [DVD] [1963]
Dvd ~ Jerry Lewis
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the young and the not so young... in rich colour..., 8 Oct 2009
This is an oldie from the sixties that always stuck in my mind, A.. because I like Jerry Lewis, but more importantly B...It was a really fun movie. Because of it's colour and form , it can transport one to a place full of richness and fantasy. I think this movie is great for lower teens and older folk who like and appreciate older movies. I'm not sure it would appeal to the more sophisticated tastes of the youth of today, who would probably find it very trivial, silly and old fashioned. It's a simple movie of Jekylle and Hyde. Basically, put in terms of a highschool teacher and his pupil and everything surrounds that setting and a nightclub. For it's time, Jerry Lewis looked very hot as Mr Hyde and does a pretty good second to Elvis! which will make some people cringe! There have been remakes of this movie, but to my mind this is like the old Disney movies.. the first are the best because of their richness of colour technology used in those days. The extra material was fun to watch also.

Shrek the Halls [DVD]
Shrek the Halls [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mike Meyers
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 3.80

5.0 out of 5 stars An avid Shrek fan, 16 Feb 2009
This review is from: Shrek the Halls [DVD] (DVD)
This small Christmas movie is a perfect addition to a warm Christmas day or Boxing day atmosphere, which is precisely why we purchased it. It was fun and very simple and made for a lot of gentle childish laughter for us adults too. Worth watching..worth purchasing.. only one thing wrong with it and that is it was rather short. But then again it wasn't made to be a feature. Very enjoyable. Will keep with other films of the same type to watch at Chitsmas only and make it therefore extra special.