Profile for Mr. Robert Hunter > Reviews

Content by Mr. Robert Hunter

Mr. Robert Hunter (Wales)

VW Passat Diesel Service and Repair Manual: 2005 to 2010 (Haynes Service and Repair Manuals)
by Martynn Randall
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 3 Nov 2013
An excellent manual which will repay itself many times over. I always try to get a Haynes manual as I prefer to do most maintenance myself .

Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB CD/DVD Tuner with 6.1 inch Touchscreen
Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB CD/DVD Tuner with 6.1 inch Touchscreen
Offered by caraudiosecurityuk
Price: 284.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing technology for the price, 21 Mar 2013
Bought this last week and am very happy with it. It has been fitted to a Fiat Bravo and need the stalk harness, facia and cage and pioneer remote lead. One downside is Pioneer do not supply the aerial which are about 20. I bought one from Halfords which stickers to the windscreen and has a earth wire which can be crimped to the black (earth)lead on the wiring harness of the head unit. I think this will give a much better earth than the stock Pioneer one which must be attached to metal beside the windscreen.

Also bought the pioneer iPod lead at about 30 to connect and have full use of apps especially sat nav. One downside is that I cannot get music to play and have sat nav on at the same time but can easily switch between the two. The DAB is brilliant with great reception even in the Welsh Valleys. The sound is amazing Bluetooth easy to set up and use for music and phone. The on screen GUI is spot on and easy to navigate songs from my iPod. For the money this is an outstanding piece of kit, apps are a bit clunky but I see them as a bonus really and hope that the developers iron out any niggles.

UPDATE

App radio update and I can play music whilst using Satnav which is brilliant. Plus reversing camera added.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2013 4:32 PM BST

Dell XPS L501X 15.6 inch Gaming Laptop (Intel Core I7-2630QM, RAM 6GB, HDD 750GB, 2GB GT540M, Windows 7 Home Premium)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dell l502x laptop review, 16 Nov 2012
THIS LAPTOP IS THE L502X with the better second gen processor not a L501x! Did loads of research and decided on this laptop due to the quality of the build, amazing specs (Core i7 2670QM 750gb HDD etc). First impressions were good. The laptop has a great touchpad, large and can do pinch and zoom etc. The keyboard is excellent with spaced keys and a solid feel - no flexing the only real issue is that the key letters are grey not white so poor light and you cannot read the keys. This was fixed by buying the backlit keyboard for 55 - amazing upgrade and looks stunning best 55 I've spent! Dell really help bu providing brilliant documentation on every aspect of servicing the laptop online so anyone can do it. It starts fast - upgraded to windows 8 which I now really like. THE SOUND WOW!!!! Best sound of any laptop I have ever heard. Screen is the basic which is fine but I am sure the HD+ would have made this perfect. For the 660 plus 55 I am a very happy customer.

Update:

still love the laptop - upgraded keyboard to illuminated, OS to Windows 8 and changed the screen for a full HD but needed to change the ribbon to HD as well. Was around 120 for screen plus ribbon but well worth it
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2013 10:04 PM GMT

Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ 320GB HD Digital TV Twin Tuner HD Recorder - Installation Recommended (Old model) (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 3 Mar 2010
Very early days with this as have bought as a replacement for a faulty Grundig Freesat + 500gb model. This means I can compare the two. First impressions are that this is in a different league to the grundig. It looks far better put together - very slick finish. The grundig was like having a Harrier jump jet in the living room whereas the Humax is totally silent (quieter than sky+). The remote is classy but is taking me a while to get used to (the sky remote is so easy to use). I am sure I will get used to it but it lost a star for this reason only. It has great features like the USB ports front and back to archive recordings and put pictures etc onto the HDD. Picture quality in SD and HD are excellent - I am watching it on a 46" Sony 1080P TV. Set up was intuitive and fast. Overall if you want a quality product this ticks all the boxes.

Apple iPod Touch 32GB 2nd Generation (discontinued by manufacturer)
Apple iPod Touch 32GB 2nd Generation (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simly the best gadget ever made, 29 Oct 2009
Very short review - This is, in my opinion, the best gadget ever made. Gameplay is great, grahics excellent both for games and movies. The interface is very intuitive and easy to use. Web access is brilliant - The apps just keep adding to what this little device can do - Oh and it's a music player! Battery life is more than enough to watch a few movies on a long journey. I really can't fault it.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User
Offered by snowmansales
Price: 167.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy it yet if you have Belkin network adapters!, 26 Oct 2009
I read loads of reviews and watched the smooth video clips telling me this would be great, far better than Vista and easy to install. So 2 days later I have managed to stop my laptop from crashing every time I needed to print, which made the process fairly straight forward when I did the same on my desktop. I, of course had to uninstall a load of programmes like Sims 2 because they are not compatible alongside various other programmes. Now I am spending my time trying to work out why my PC will no longer connect to the internet but at least I have my trusty laptop - I am sure I will get used to the random crashes - or will I? So for stability my advice is leave it for a while and let silly people like me get all the bugs fixed for you unless of course you enjoy the technical challenge of dealing with all these problems. As far as the amazing new experience goes - this is a PC operating system - what was I thinking? This is Microsoft not Apple I should have known better!

Update: I have now performed a full clean install on the PC. All is well except the Belkin network adapters which have no driver that works with windows 7. Microsoft and Belkin are aware of it and Belkin say drivers will be released but cannot give a timeframe. Microsoft help desk have been very helpful.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Family Pack for XP or Vista users, 3 User Licence (PC DVD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this yet if you have Belkin network adapters, 26 Oct 2009

Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2011 12:39 PM BST

akasa AK-IC010-BKUK lite 3.5" SATA enclosure
akasa AK-IC010-BKUK lite 3.5" SATA enclosure

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent enclosure, 11 July 2009
Fitted 1gb HDD in minutes.
Very well built and packaged. Came with cables (esata and USB). Like the leather look of it and its solidity.

Seagate Momentus 320GB SATA 8mb Cache 2.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM - Sony Playstation PS3 Compatible

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent HDD went into 1st Gen PS3 60gb no problems, 11 July 2009
Put this one into my PS3 took 5 minutes and worked perfect straight away. This does work perfectly on my 60gb PS3.

Kodak EasyShare V1253
Kodak EasyShare V1253

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera full of features, 1 Mar 2008
I bought this camara just over a month ago and am very pleased with it. It feels solid and well made and is very easy to use. I like the seperate button on the top for movie mode as this saves messing around with the menu. The photos look great on my 46" LCD screen but these have to be 9mp in widescreen mode rather than the full 12mp the camara is capable of. The battery life seems very good but the only very slight niggle is the special attachment for the USB cable which could be easy to loose. Other than that I would recommend this camera.