Profile for confused2 > Reviews

King of Shaves Alphagel Sensitive Skin Shave Gel
Offered by Green 2 you
Price: 6.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 11 Aug 2013
The product was purchased to use with a Philishave wet and dry shaver. I have used Philips rotary shavers for 50 years and thought I'd try the wet and dry. I went the whole hog and also purchased the Alphagel. It was a very good experience as I do have sensitive skin. My first shave was excellent in all respects.

Cover For Bread Proving proofing BANNETON Pro Baker Fits All Shape 500g and 750g BANNETONS
Offered by A Super Place To Shop
Price: 4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Jun 2013
The cover had nothing to hold it above the top of the banneton. This means that the rising dough can stick so it is a must to dust the top of the dough to prevent this happening. I used a fairly rigid polythene bag before getting this item and that worked very well and a at much lower cost. If anyone has advice on using the cover I'll try out any suggestions. In the meantime I am not impressed.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2014 1:46 PM GMT

Premier Housewares Ecocook Saucepan with Glass Lid - 18 cm - Red
Premier Housewares Ecocook Saucepan with Glass Lid - 18 cm - Red
Price: 16.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 10 April 2013
A wonderful saucepan - what more can I say.

It looks good and works well. Nothing sticks to it - ever.

Paul Hollywood's Bread
Paul Hollywood's Bread
by Paul Hollywood
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent variety of breads, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Paul Hollywood's Bread (Hardcover)
This book explains very well the process of breadmaking. It has a good variety of types of bread and makes me want to try different ones. I used a bread machine before getting this book and will still use the machine for kneading but remove it at the dough stage and continue as in the book.

Heston Blumenthal Precision Analogue Meat Thermometer
Heston Blumenthal Precision Analogue Meat Thermometer
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and easily read., 31 Mar 2013
The only downside to this product is the included instructions, which are so small a font that it is hard to read with a magnifying glass.

I suggest you copy the instructions, make the font size larger and print. Then put the instructions in a folder or laminate so you have a permanent reference.

Keter De-Luxe Cushion Box
Keter De-Luxe Cushion Box
Price: 59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent box for the money, 31 Mar 2013
I looked at several boxes and this had good reviews. On receipt of the parcel I could see why. It was well packed and easy to assemble. It is strong and watertight with a very good capacity for storing garden bits and pieces.

Kitchen'Up - KI-012 - Set of 3 Ceramic Frying Pans
Kitchen'Up - KI-012 - Set of 3 Ceramic Frying Pans
Price: 32.93

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class - non stick meand NON STICK, 18 Jan 2013
The pans have only been used a half dozen times but they are excellent. Nothing sticks and the heat appears to be well distributed.

If I catch 'er indoors' with anything metal near them there will be trouble. I don't know if metal contact will harm the pans but I don't want to try it. The coating on the pans seem very
strong and the three sizes give a very good range.

I would recommend these highly to anyone who wants non stick pans. The price is extremely competitve for a set of 3 first class frying pans.

WD My Passport Studio 1TB Portable Hard Drive with Firewire and Metal Casing - Black
Offered by Novum_Distribution
Price: 99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug it in and it works, 22 Dec 2012
The drive is neat and compact and has a very strong case.

I connected it to my iMac, selected that drive for Time Machine backup and it worked a treat. Firewire 800 was a lot faster than USB2.

It is extremely quiet and the small light lets me know it is working.

It uses the power supply from the computer so saves on wiring and it is possible to connect another
Firewire device as it has two Firewire connections.

I could not be more delighted with the drive.

The Photoshop Elements 11 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
The Photoshop Elements 11 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)
by Scott Kelby
Price: 23.48

5.0 out of 5 stars He tells you the best way to do things, 30 Nov 2012
I have used this author for three different programs now. When I upgraded to Adobe PSE 11 the interface was so different that I felt I needed a book to go with it.
I always find it helps as there are many ways of achieveing something with Photoshop but all the help may not point you in the right direction for the simplest procedure.
This book does just that.

Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller
Mega-Sonic Cat Repeller
Price: 19.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Battery leads short, 2 July 2010
Battery is difficult to fit and they run out very quickly so without a mains adapter are not very good. They do not seem very sturdy.