Profile for J. Eaton > Reviews

Content by J. Eaton

J. Eaton "snakes alive" (lancs uk)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Small
Yaktrax Pro Traction Device Small

4.0 out of 5 stars winter boot traction, 20 Mar. 2012
bought these too late for our Winter, doubt I will be testing them now till next year. However -they look fine, and are a good fit for my walking boots. They appear to be well made and should be hard wearing. So far I am satisfied. It's a well made and well packaged product, read all the other reviews before buying- especially the advice on the right size to buy. They are pretty large so buy a size down from what you would normally get. I only give four stars because Winter is about over now round here- I may review them again next year after field trials...

Forget About It
Forget About It

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Ak's finest moments, 20 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Forget About It (Audio CD)
Simply superb! one of AK's finest works. superb music and inimitable singing. I bought this when it first came out and I often play it in the car. I bought it again recently to give to my daughter and Grandaughters- they all reported back on how much they liked it. It is a timeless collection of beautiful songs, no bluegrass in here, though modern Bluegrass is what AK is best known for and which I also like. This CD is great for relaxing to or drifting of to sleep with, which is not to say it's boring! Far from it as I waffled at the start it's simply superb so get it and listen up!

Gone Tomorrow
Gone Tomorrow

4.0 out of 5 stars Not country?, 19 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Gone Tomorrow (MP3 Download)
don't know much about Mr M but I would say this is easy listening laid back stuff, wonder why Amazon class it as country Music.
Guess I'm an old fashioned Country music lover and I can't keep up with the modern trends going on in the genre..

Delia Bell
Delia Bell
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars OLD TIME COUNTRY, 11 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Delia Bell (Audio CD)
I was aware of Delia Bell from just a couple of her songs I had come across on some Country and Bluegrass compilations.
I was very pleased to get hold of this collection, Delia Bells voice and music are outstanding. I was not disappointed. This cd is a fine addition to my American music collection. There's not much else available out there now from this lady so try and get a copy while you can. I note that today the Amazon site states unavailable now, but you can order in the hope of future stock coming in. Well worth the small outlay.

Blackpool and Preston (Explorer Maps) (OS Explorer Map)
Blackpool and Preston (Explorer Maps) (OS Explorer Map)
by Ordnance Survey

5.0 out of 5 stars Vanishing maps, 18 Sept. 2011
Maybe walking maps will disappear from the shelf one day as we all more and more rely upon satellite navigation devices.
Map reading will be a forgotten skill- but for now, while Ordnance Survey is still printing such good quality maps, I'll stick to my map reading! I find I cannot buy these maps as cheap anywhere else but Amazon, so to those of us who still rely on these maps when out walking, buy them here! This is another in a great series to slip into your map pocket.

Songbird
Songbird
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Anita Carter, 18 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Songbird (Audio CD)
This CD is brilliant! Being a long time Anita Carter fan, this was just what I was looking for. A really good look back at her career, this collection is packed with goodies, stand outs are the Waylon Jennings duets. There was a time in the career of Anita Carter that many of the Leading male singers in the business were queuing up to record duets with her. (There is a clip on youtube of her singing live with Hank Williams) I missed adding to my store of Hank Snow LP's the one he released featuring Anita. I have played catch up over the years and now have most of those old songs on various CD's. Shame about the only Hank Snow Anita Carter track on this CD though- an old fashioned song -and not on I would have included- However that's only 1 track from 28, so not a problem.
Anita Carter was the stand out voice of the Carter family and was often considered too "folksy" to be a country singer, but some of the tracks here show how good a country singer she really was. She never had much of a solo career in her singing days, often preferring to stick with her Mother and the rest of the Carter family when recording music. So for a good old slice of rare nostalgia and a listen to a voice from heaven this is it- I have already spent some enjoyable hours playing this over and over. No longer with us now but she lives on in this fine collection. Highly recommended.

Metal Detecting: An Essential Guide to Detecting Inland, on Beaches and Under Water
by John Clark

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT GUIDE FOR BEGINNERS, 5 Sept. 2011
This is a super book, especially for someone like myself who is new to the hobby. Descriptive and informative full of very interesting tips- especially the section on how to find modern treasure on holiday beaches- fascinating stuff. Highly recommended.

The Complete Magic Primer
The Complete Magic Primer
by David Conway

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern approach to classic occultism, 12 Jun. 2011
David Conway has done so much to give occultism a respectable name, his books are wonderfully well written and researched. Highly respected in the world of esoterica. Mr. Conway is one of my favourite authors in this field, where so much nonsense can be come across before finding these stand out books. The depth and breadth of knowledge herein is amazing, having ploughed through many a tome of ancient and forgotten lore (to quote Poe)- and getting nowhere- it was a real pleasure to discover this material. David Conway is a treasure in the area of occult self education- a Primer that is worthy of the name. Very highly recommended.

The Quay Brothers - The Short Films 1979-2003 (Two Discs) [DVD]
The Quay Brothers - The Short Films 1979-2003 (Two Discs) [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars animated surrealism, 12 Jun. 2011
A real cabinet of curiosities, entertaining and as fresh as when first seen on channel 4. Full of foreboding and hinting at darker things, these shorts are amongst my favourite animations. The Quay brothers have breathed life into their creatures the most entertaining stuff of nightmares you can find. A favourite.

Craghoppers Classic Kiwi Mens Walking Trousers -Navy, 38 inches, Short
Craghoppers Classic Kiwi Mens Walking Trousers -Navy, 38 inches, Short
Offered by Bambooty Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars outdoor trousers., 12 Jun. 2011
Well known classic walking trousers, reliable and not too expensive- especially via Amazon- Comfortable in use, very useful extra pockets two with zips for security of personal items, very quick drying after walking through showers. Tough, hard wearing and pretty much thorn proof, also tidy enough to not need changing after a walk, straight to the pub looking cool and casual. the best of what's available.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10