Profile for Gemma123 > Reviews

Content by Gemma123

Gemma123

Woodluv Large Rectangular Seagrass Storage Folding Trunk on Metal Frame(E01-106)
Offered by SelectiveGoods

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item for the price, 6 Feb 2013
for 19.99 this is a great storage chest, it is much sturdier than I expected and suprissigly fits a large about of things in. I have used mine for clothes/bags but I am going to purchase another one to put my towels and bedding in. Would reccomend to anyone thinking of buying one

LARGE Metal Silver Pyramid Punk / Fashion Fabric Clothing Craft Studs Bag of 50 with Free UK Post from largest UK supplier of Studs and Spikes
Offered by Studs and Punks

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints, 10 Aug 2012
Great price, product was exactly as advertised and really easy to use. I used the studs to decorate a denim jacket and didn't encounter any problems, as previously mentioned, a pair of pliers definetly needed to secure them in place. Really fast delivery with the items arriving next day as well as being well packaged.
Would reccomend this seller and I would definetly order from them again.

Black Faux Leather Storage Box
Black Faux Leather Storage Box
Offered by PandNHomewares

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile storage, 11 May 2012
This review is from: Black Faux Leather Storage Box
Great storgage item and for the size it holds a good amount of 'stuff'.

Took two minutes to assemble and it appears to be of good quality. Looks smart and the lid is well padded. Once filled it holds my weight and can be used as an extra seat/stool. I am also currently using mine as a make shift bedside table.

I'd reccomend this to anyone who wants a smart and versitle storage solution for a reasonable price.

New Large Ottoman Foldaway Storage Blanket Toy Box Bench Faux Leather Black 76x38cms
Offered by Zoozio Tv

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish Bedroom storage, 11 May 2012
I bought this to store some clothes in, as well as other personal items.

The item is a good size and looks very smart at the end of the bed. It took 2 minutes to asseble and appears well made. I sat on the box while empty and it did feel a bit unsteady, but once filled with my things I now sit on it regularly and it feels pretty secure. The lid is well padded and it also holds a good amount of clothes.

I'd reccomend this item for anyone looking for a smart storgae solution which isn't too expensive.

White Metal iPod MP3 Earphones
White Metal iPod MP3 Earphones
Offered by BestDeals onl

4.0 out of 5 stars good product for the price, 2 May 2012
I would say these headphones are good value for the price. If you are looking for cheap headphones with a decent sound for everyday use then these do the job just fine.

the ear bud comes in three interchangeable colours. White, blue and pink. As mentioned in a previous review, the metal part of the bud does look slightly more glamerous in the photos, none the less they still look nice.

I have had these headphone for 3 weeks now, and so far with everyday use they haven't broken or being damaged.

Over all if your looking to spead no more that £5.00, I would reccomend these.

Linens Limited Box Fur 4 Piece Filled Cushion Set, Cream
Linens Limited Box Fur 4 Piece Filled Cushion Set, Cream

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent value for money, 2 May 2012
For the price, I would say these cushions are good value for money. The cover is soft and the colour/patten is a true likeness to how they look in real life.

The cushion filling isn't the thickest and I can see these becoming a bit flat overtime, but for the price it's not a major issue for me as these are mainly used as decoration cushions on the bed and sofa.

The cover un zips so can easily be removed.

I'd reccomend these for anyone looking to add a bit of colour or texture to their sofa or bedroom, as they look lovely.

LUPO Executive Leather Case Cover with Magnetic Clasp & Compartment for Amazon Kindle 4 (6 Inch 2011 Model) - ZEBRA PRINT

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye catching value for money, 2 May 2012
Great cover for the price! It looks stylish on my kindle and not garish. It feels of decent quality, lightweight and manages well with the stress of being pulled in and out of my bag every day. Does the job so I would say no need to spend more on other similar covers.

Crabtree & Evelyn Nantucket Briar Scented Body Powder 100g
Crabtree & Evelyn Nantucket Briar Scented Body Powder 100g

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely gift, 24 April 2012
I bought this for an elderly relative as a birthday present. The presentation box is lovely and you can actually smell the talc without even opening the box. I thought ths was a good thing as it had a nice floral smell (not too over powering).
It didn't use the talc itself, but it smelt very nice and the body sponge that came in the box seemed of good quality.
I'd reccomend this as a gift.

A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy 1)
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy 1)
by Deborah Harkness

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful read, 23 Mar 2012
Having a read a number of negative reviews on this book, I was unsure about whether to read such a thick book or if it would be to hard to get into and a waste of my time.
I'm so glad I made the choice to read it. Deborah Harkness creates a beautiful world of Vampires, Witchs and Daemons where it isn't all about love at first sight and drop dead good looks.

The story is a slow burner, so if you are someone who enjoys action in every chapter then this isn't for you.

The book's main focus for a large part of it is bringing the reader into this world and introducing them to the characters. For each 'person' there is a life story, which for me, drew me into the book as a number of characters, such as Matthew, have centuries worth of secrets and I wanted to find out more about their lives.

It did take me a bit of time to warm to the main characters, but I think this is due to the fact that they are not perfect in an Edward and Bella sense.
It's interesting how, at first, there are no real 'bad guys' or 'good guys' but by the end I really found myself much more attached to the main characters and really rooting for them agaisnt those who are against them.

Throughout the book you learn more and more about these characters and the world they live in. I did find myself having to re-read parts as I went along as the story line does get more complicated towards the end.

I found the history side to the book truly fascinating and learning about the vampires previous lives from 500 years ago really is interesting. Mix that with some witch craft and a doomed love story and you really do have a captivating read.

I would reccomend this to anyone who likes a bit of fantasy/history/romance all mixed into one and who enjoys getting lost in a book. I don't think this is a book you can read half heartedly but I didn't want to put it down once I started!

I am looking forward to the second book shadow of the night and hopefully more secrets will be revelaed in it!

Existence
Existence

4.0 out of 5 stars Existence - Twists and turns make it a gripping read, 23 Mar 2012
This review is from: Existence (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book on a whim and I haven't read anything by Abbi Glines before Existence.
I am please to say that I was pleasently suprised at how much I enjoyed this book!!
At first I was a bit worried that it may be a bit 'cheesy' with the whole Pagan being able to see spirits and whether it may turn into a ghost whisperer type of novel. But no! I really did get drawn into this book and found myself genuinly liking the characters of Dank and Pagan (as well as her friends).
I enjoyed the fact that you think you know where the story is going, then it takes a turn. Again a few chapters later there are more twists and turns with other characters as well as Pagan and Dank and I found myself racing through the chapters to find out what was going to happen.
As previously mentioned there is a real cliff hanger at the end of the book that I wasn't expecting.
This book does move at a fast pace, and there is rarely a chapter when something doesn't happen or you don't find out something new. But this is what makes it an exciting read.

This book is really well written and the emotions of the characters come across very well which played a big part in me not being able to put the book down!
It has been compared to Twilight in previous reviews, but I think this book is very different and the death/hell/heaven theme is something a bit different in a love story rather than vampires and warewolves.

The only critisism I do have, is that although Dank is described beutifully and I was able to create a wonderful (very good looking) picture of him in my head, the physical description of Pagan isn't really there. Personality wise it is brilliant and I really got attached to her, but it was only after reading a quarter of the book that I found out she had dark hair. I'd already imagined her with blonde her by this point!

I'd reccomend this book to anyone who enjoys a modern teenage romance with an edge.

I'm looking forward to the sequal to this book and hopfully it will be as unprodictable as the first!