Profile for Primate > Reviews

Content by Primate

Primate "Still Smiling" (Newcastle, Staffs, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Yousave Accessories Selfie Stick - Handheld Telescopic Monopod With Mobile Phone Holder
Offered by Yousave Accessories

1.0 out of 5 stars Dodgy Reviewers, 21 Dec 2014
I'm trying to choose a 'selfie stick' looking at the reviews this appeared to be a credible option. But all 12 of the 5 star reviews are by 'people' who have only ever reviewed one product, this one. Which makes me believe they are the ones selling it.
A dodgy sales tactic that has become very common on Amazon of late. I will be buying a different one.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 21, 2014 9:02 PM GMT

Genuine Kanger Coil Heads 10 x 2.5ohm Protank 1 & 2 / Mini Protank 1 & 2 / UniTank / Evod
Offered by tanco Impex

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit Kangers, 4 Nov 2014
Fakes. Either the people giving 5 stars didn't get the same product as me, or they're the ones selling them. Most of the 5 star reviewers seem to only have reviewed 1 or 2 products all e-cig related.

These are not Kanger Tech they are counterfeit and are of abysmal quality, most of the 10 I got weren't even usable, the 3 that were quickly gave an unpleasant burned taste.

I have used Kanger Tech coils for over a year, so I do have a frame of reference here. Don't waste your time or money these poor quality fakes.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 15, 2014 3:04 PM GMT

Integral LED Ilgu105.3N03Kbdna Gu10 5 Watt LED Spotlight Bulb, Warm White
Integral LED Ilgu105.3N03Kbdna Gu10 5 Watt LED Spotlight Bulb, Warm White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Sep 2014
I tried some LED spots when I got a new Kitchen fitted about 5 years ago they were pretty useless. But technology never stops, I've had 8 of these in my kitchen for over a month now they are excellent, better and brighter than the 50w halogens they replaced. I'm glad I chose the 'warm white' ones as they still put out a whiter light than the old halogens and I think the light from the regular ones may have been too stark.

If the claims are true they should last over 15 years and of course use only 10% of the electricity. I will be replacing all of the halogen spots in my home with these. 5 stars!

Large 3 Function Shower Head Handset in Chrome
Large 3 Function Shower Head Handset in Chrome
Offered by Xett Multimedia Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice shower, but very noisy, 8 Jun 2014
As with most large shower heads you will need good water pressure to get the best from it. It works fine and gives a good even spread of water for a nice shower.

Given the price I wasn't surprised that the nozzle panel is made from hard cheap plastic. What I wasn't expecting is how load this makes it while showering. I realise that may not be an issue for most people, but my wife works shifts and her morning shower woke the house. So the old shower head is back on until the next new shower head is delivered.

'Easy Fit' Car / Vehicle Air Vent Mount for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III Smartphone
Offered by Buybits Addons

4.0 out of 5 stars Note 3, 7 Feb 2014
I've had this in my car for a couple of weeks, I chose it because it was big enough to fit my 'Note 3' phone comfortably, also i didn't want a windscreen mount (my car is quite big and it's a bit of a reach to the windscreen).

The phone housing is very good, I prefer to use it in landscape orientation (better for mp3/podcast and satnav apps) so it needs to grip the phone well so it doesn't fall or slide out. The phone grips are well padded and give enough range of adjustment so whatever case/protector your phone is in it will still fit no problem. Also the plastics that it's made from are of a decent quality so it doesn't feel fragile.

Initially I had reservations about the vent mount, it's easy to fit but the support panel that rests on your dash under the vent felt like it could be easily dislodged if knocked. But the sprung vent hook is safe enough that if that should happen (it's only happened twice) it doesn't fall off.

It's not a perfect device, but I'm happy with it compared to the available options.

Philips HR1861 Pro Aluminium Juicer
Philips HR1861 Pro Aluminium Juicer

5.0 out of 5 stars Juiced., 7 Feb 2014
I bought this model because it was recommended in reviews by both 'Which' and 'The Gadget Show'

I've had it for a couple of weeks and I am very impressed with it. As with all juicers cleaning it after use is a chore, but it's easy to dismantle and none of the parts are fiddly or difficult to wash. The juice will keep bottled in the fridge for 2 days no problem, so I only have to clean it 3 times a week for juice every day.

Getting my 3 year old, and my wife for that matter, to eat their greens has always been a challenge but they're both very happy to drink 'Daddy's special juice' (Apples, Carrots, Kale, Spinach, Lemon and/or Lime on ice) which is brilliant for breakfast (and cheap to make too), it gives you a real boost and I never get hungry before lunch.

There's loads of websites and books for new and interesting recipes (the book included with the juicer is very good), so you should never get bored of juicing!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars S View fail, 30 Jan 2014
The quality of the case is excellent, all sockets and S pen are easily accessible.

But as has been stated in previous reviews the S view feature doesn't work. Immediately after fitting the phone it works, but once you've opened the case once or twice it stops working. If you take the phone out of the case and refit it the same happens again. I thought I may have just got a faulty product, but having read the most recent reviews it seems to be a common issue. This has nothing to do with the 'kit kat' update; I'm still using Android 4.3 (also I've read that Samsung are about to provide fix for that particular issue).

5 stars for customer service though, I contacted the seller and they are refunding me despite me having non of the original packaging. I would have taken a replacement, the fact they offered a refund and not a replacement suggests to me that they are aware of the problem.

Buffalo LinkStation Live 2.0Tb DLNA Certified MultiMedia Network Storage with BitTorrent

4.0 out of 5 stars Back up!, 5 Jan 2014
It works perfectly, and it was easy to configure. Mine was on 24 hours a day and lasted 2 years. Unfortunately once it stopped working none of the data on it was retrievable. All of the important stuff was backed up, but I did lose a lot of media.

I would recommend it, but you should back it up regularly.

LUPO 3 Way Triple Cigarette Lighter Charger Adapter + 1 USB Port
LUPO 3 Way Triple Cigarette Lighter Charger Adapter + 1 USB Port
Offered by LUPO STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 5 Jan 2014
A great little device to keep in your glove box, I've had one for over a year and it gets regular use.

Charging phones, using media devices and a satnav simultaneously is a frequent occurrence in most family cars these days (certainly in mine) and most cars still only have one power socket.

Recommended.

Standard oven roasting bags 8 PK
Standard oven roasting bags 8 PK
Offered by Trading Reliably

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 5 Jan 2014
Once you've cooked chicken in roasting bags you'll never cook them any other way. The Chicken always is juicy and tender, I get best results cooking at low temperatures for longer times, usually 130*c for around 3 hours. The chicken is so tender it's easier to pull it from the bones than calve it. It also makes it very easy to separate the stock from the fat in the bottom of the bag, just nick the bottom corner of the bag and drain the stock, the fat floats above the stock so simply stop draining before the fat comes out.

I should say that you'll struggle to get a chicken 2kg or bigger into one of these bags, but bigger bags are available.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5