ARRAY(0xb0e486a8)

Profile for C. Want > Reviews

Content by C. Want

C. Want "East Clintwood" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Nivea For Men Rehydrating Moisturiser 75ml
Nivea For Men Rehydrating Moisturiser 75ml
Price: 4.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Will never stop using this product, 23 Feb 2014
I first discovered this moisturiser in 2009. I'd never used anything on my skin before and sometimes got slightly blotchy. I tried this and it has worked like a dream ever since. I am not sure if skin type makes a difference but I am a fair skinned fair haired man and for me this product is a mandatory purchase, especially at this discounted price! It makes your skin look more alive, prevents blotchy skin and generally protects your face against the elements. This goes beyond 'male grooming' and should be seen as a fundamental part of any man's bathroom.

TERMINATOR - Series 2 - Figure T-800 Police Station Assault
TERMINATOR - Series 2 - Figure T-800 Police Station Assault

5.0 out of 5 stars Arguably Neca's best work, 21 Jan 2013
A figure from my favourite scene (the police station shootout) from my favourite movie. Surely it could only disappoint, right? Wrong. This is a superb figure, and if you have any interest in any Terminator figures by any brand, then this is the one to get. IF you are here reading this then you obviously have similar interests so I can only reiterate that this figure is perfect. Arnie looks incredibly cool and you can position him just like in the scene. I like having the automatic in his left hand and the shotgun in his right, with him looking down the barrell of the shotgun. THat makes it just like the scene IMO.

If you are looking for just one Terminator figure then if you are like me you will be analyzing each figure and trying to make a decision. Please rest assured that you can consider this one the definitive model for your Terminator collection. All of Neca's Terminator collection are great (maybe Kyle Reece could look a bit more like him but it is still good) but again, this is the one, especially if like me you much prefer the darker first movie to the second.

Neca - Figurine Terminator Collection ser 1 T-800 18cm - 0634482398562
Neca - Figurine Terminator Collection ser 1 T-800 18cm - 0634482398562

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 21 Jan 2013
I had to review this item considering the overly harsh nature of the other review. This figure is spot on and very movie accurate. I cannot comment on other models of this as I only have one but mine is perfect and looks just like him. Paint job is fine and you can stand him up easily. 5/5.

T-1000 Galleria Mall Figure - Terminator 2 - Series 3 - Neca
T-1000 Galleria Mall Figure - Terminator 2 - Series 3 - Neca
Offered by Dollybuzz
Price: 24.66

3.0 out of 5 stars Very accurate but not at all durable, 21 Jan 2013
I must agree with the reviewer Tom. This figure is an excellent sculpt. It looks just like Robert Patrick in the early scenes of t2 and the paint job is brilliant. On that basis then the figure is perfect. However, it is delicate beyond belief. My model simply fell over (not from a high height to the floor but simply fell over on the shelf) yet this was enough for his arm to come off at the joint, and I cannot put it back on as it snapped in the wrong part for it to simply be reconnected.

Excellent figure. I cannot recommend Neca enough, but due to the durability I cannot rate this specific model more than 3 stars.

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Xbox 360)
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (Xbox 360)
Offered by Super-bargains
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game, 27 July 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Having read the recent reviews of this game on Amazon I feel that people have been incredibly OTT in their criticisms. I got this game in summer 2010 and the online game is one of the very best xbox live games out there. And not to ignore the single player mode-they are each very good games in their own right. Although individually each game isn't quite as long as GTA 4, collevtively it makes for a longer game. However, despite not being quite as long as GTA 4 in their own right, the single player is just as good, if not slightly better. Add that to the fact that you get 2 games in 1 then the game makes for very good value.

Just to confirm though, this is not the same game but in 2 different settings. The actual feel of the game, the graphics, the guns, the aiming etc feel slightly different in each game. This is evidenced even more when playing online as TBGOT and TLATD feel like 2 different games entirely. TLATD feels more like GTA 4 than TBOGT.

The single player games are each very good games but it is in multiplayer where this game comes into its own. I prefer to play TLATD online but you tend to get more people playing TBOGT. Ever since first playing this online a year ago I have never gone more than a few days without playing it online. It is a fantastic multiplayer game and the only minor flaw I would say is sometimes struggling to get enough people to start a good match online, although you can usually find more people by clicking on 'instant play' (i.e. non ranked).

To address the other reviewer who said:

`The problem is there is not enough free space. As a fan of the motorbike from other GTAs such as San Andreas, i think there are limited options for transport.

There are other shortcomings too. In San Andreas for example you get: 3 cities; a large countryside; a mountain; an endless desert and rural highlands to explore.
Here it is just a city, however unlike vice city, the streets are too narrow. There are not enough stunts. Your player is limited.'

- I couldn't disagree more. The whole map is HUGE and although it may not encompass 3 cities like you mention in San Andreas, the map is still massive and has more than enough to keep people entertained on single player for months. And as for transport, there are at least as many options as there are in any other GTA game so I'm not sure why you would think that. The streets are normal sized streets and as it is basically NYC the streets will only reflect how big they are in real life NYC, as Vice City did with Miami.

If someone wishes to just navigate around the map aimlessley in a multitude of vechiles trying stunts etc, or go on a 'rampage' shooting random people then this is still just as easy to do as in any previous GTA game, and to drive from one side of the map to the other is an incredibly long drive so I would like to reiterate that the map is massive, yet easy to navigate around. There are countless places to do stunts and as per any GTA game, the entire environment feels fully interactive. Your player feels truly free.

I can't recommend this game highly enough. I think it is a vastly underrated a game and in online multiplayer, it is one of the best games available on the xbox. It should be ranked up there with the very best multiplayer games-COD, Red Dead, COH2 etc.

Overall I think this is a fantastic game well worth the advertised price.

The Godfather
The Godfather
by Mario Puzo
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars best work of fiction ive ever read, 2 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Godfather (Paperback)
I'm a fan of the film but rarely read fictional books, if at all. I decided to give this a go however and I was deeply impressed by it. It is so much more detailed than the films and goes into infinitely more detail. If you like the film and can read, then you must buy this book. That is all.

FP R9100 We Really Did It! Dora
FP R9100 We Really Did It! Dora

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch, 18 Jan 2011
My main concern when buying this toy (as I expected it to be good) was how durable it would be. I expected it to break easily. However, it is very durable so 5 stars all round. Both my 4 and 3 year old love it, they play with it all the time. The ONLY negative is the fact that the songs may do your head in, but for the kids enjoyment this is a great toy and probably the number 1 Dora product on the market. Suprised that there are not more reviewers on here raving about it!

In The Night Garden Talking Iggle Piggle
In The Night Garden Talking Iggle Piggle

5.0 out of 5 stars seems expensive but actually good VFM., 12 Oct 2009
Although this did seem like a pretty basic toy for the price, you will not go wrong with this toy. I bought this for my 1 year old and she loves it, will not go anywhere without him and as soon she wakes up it's 'Piggle', wanting to know where he is. He makes 4 different sounds one of which is an Iggle Piggle song. He is a perfect bed time companion and very cute. As I said, although the price seems high, if your child likes ITNG then this toy is a must because they will play with it much more than seemingly more advanced, similar priced toys. I'm now going to get Makka Pakka too.

Fifi Lullaby Fifi Singing Soft Toy
Fifi Lullaby Fifi Singing Soft Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars very good!, 12 Oct 2009
I bought this for my 3 and a half year old and she loved it. She's always pressing her tummy to make the tune come on and she loves taking Fifi to bed with her. Also, her hand has a tiny piece of velcro on it so she can hold onto her rabbit. Very impressed over all and if like me you were searching for a decent Fifi toy out of all the ones listed yet were undecided, I would strongly recommened this toy. You won't regret it.

The Autobiography of Malcolm X (Penguin Modern Classics)
The Autobiography of Malcolm X (Penguin Modern Classics)
by Malcolm X

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!, 27 Sep 2009
Quite simply, this is the greatest book I have ever read. I am a WASP and I still found the message incredibly strong. This book will change your life (your mind set anyway) unless you are ignorant. I kept thinking about so many things in this book over and over...

In my ignorant youth, I dismissed him as an angry black guy unable to get over the past. How ignorant could I be???? Very.

He was angry about the present at the time. He was also very reasonable. I think that every white man (including me) would also have been at least as angry as him, probably more, had we been through what he had. Adding to that, his Dad was murdered by white racists. White people, be honest with yourself here, how many people do you know who are put off a race over one minor expierience? Imagine knowing this, along with what was happening in society. Anyone with any sense of reason can understand his anger.

Also, rememeber, when he talks of the white man, as he says himself, he's not saying all whites are bad, but he's referring to the collective guilt of the white man which really cannot be disputed.

Basically, most people who read this book are black and white people from English speaking countries but if you take away all the 'black' and 'white' words, this is simply one mans struggle to deal with and over come an oppressive regime. Like Ghandi minus the PR. Had Malcolm been born into different circumstances I have no doubt whatsoever that he would have been one of the great philosophers.

One thing that really amazed me in this book was how much he educated himself simply by reading as much as humanely possible. He went into prison as a street hoodlum (ok, a smart one but still...) but read everything he possibly could in the libary, including memorizing the dictionary. He came out an academic who gave speaches at Oxford university and the like. This alone is enough to be inspired by, let alone the thousands of other things he did.

And the change of heart at the end, when he goes to Mecca, should rekindle your faith in the human spirit.

Please remember though that the NOI has nothing whatsoever to do with mainstream Islam, they simply both believe in Muhammed. I'm sure mainstream Muslims don't believe that stuff about Jacob and all that evil scientist stuff but given the circumstances which they were raised in, it is no suprise that a religion was created in which they demonize (the 'blonde haired, blue eyed devils') the white man. However, after finding how horrified mainstream Muslims were at this ideal (hating anyone, regardless of the provocation) he changed from the NOI to mainstream Islam.

After reading this I tried the film and as they say, it's never anywhere near as good. So much was missed out, some stuff made up (well contradicts this book anyway) and you cannot fit all he did into a 2 hour film, although the film was still decent. Just please don't confuse this book with the film.

Again, this is an absolute must read, you will not regret it, regardless of what race you are.

Page: 1 | 2