Profile for sarah brown > Reviews

Silence of the Wolves
Silence of the Wolves
Price: 4.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Silence Of The Wolves, 8 July 2013
I absolutely loved this book, I can see author Hannah Pole having an exceptional career if this debut novel is anything to go by.
From reading this book you just get the sense that there's no way that this could be a debut novel, it feels as if this is the work of someone who's been writing for years and has a library of books to their name, that's how well written this was.
As soon as I saw the cover and read the synopsis I was sold, anything paranormal and I'll devour it and this was no exception!
The author's take on all the mythological beings throughout the story was so fresh and different than what I normally read in a book of this genre, which made me love it all the more.
The characters were well written and fleshed out and added to the intriguing storyline.
Tamtriel 'Tam' and Leyth have such great chemistry together that I found myself egging them on throughout, eager for them both to admit their feelings towards one another, and really happy when they finally did.
I'm really excited that there will be a second book based on a different couple, and I hope that there's many more to come, I'm now invested in this world that Hannah has created, and will eagerly await each instalment in this series.
My only complaint is that you can only buy this in ebook form, I would have loved a physical copy for my bookshelf.
Hannah you've definitely found yourself a fan and I look forward to many more books in the future.
I give this 5/5 Stars.

A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends Book 1)
A Job From Hell (Ancient Legends Book 1)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A Job From Hell, 15 Nov 2012
I've had this book sitting on my wishlist for quite a while now so when I got a chance to review it I jumped at the chance.
Any book that has anything paranormal mentioned in the blurb I'm willing to read it and I wasn't disappointed with this book, I liked it so much that I read it in a day.
Amber is 17 and has taken a job over the summer to help with her school fees, helped by her brother she arrives in Scotland to a mansion where she is to be the new housekeeper, her new boss Aidan is only ever around at nighttime, along with his brother and his friends.
One night her brother stops by to tell her that he's spotted some gems in a hut out in the woods and he talks her into stealing them, what Amber doesn't know is that by stealing them she has won a race run by different species of paranormals that only occurs every 500 years, and she has also accquired the ability to see spirits which is the prize for the winner, but because she's human a whole lot of the paranormals are after her, she discovers that there was a reason why she was hired by Aidan, she is meant to be his destined mate!
I loved all the characters in this book, Amber and Aidan were a cute couple and I loved the alternating pov's in the chapters between these two characters, it always interests me to read both sides of the hero and heroine's story.
Another favourite character of mine was Cassandra, she being Lucifer's daughter she was so lovable and completely opposite of what you would assume she would be like.
This book is dark and full of action, great characterisations and an exciting storyline, and I cannot wait to carry on with the rest of the series.
I give this 4/5.