Profile for Amy > Reviews

The Step by Step Guide to Planning Your Wedding
The Step by Step Guide to Planning Your Wedding
by Lynda Wright

1.0 out of 5 stars Outdated, 5 April 2009
Bought this book expecting to find lots of helpful hints and tips for planning the wedding - how wrong I was!!
This book is hopelessly outdated - it still works on the theory that the bride and groom will pay for things separately and that the brides father is expected to pay for a lot of the day!
Not the book for me.

Break No Bones: (Temperance Brennan 9)
Break No Bones: (Temperance Brennan 9)
by Kathy Reichs

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great read!, 23 May 2007
Break no Bones was another great read form Reichs, I really enjoyed it from start to finish, never a dull moment kept guessing till almost the end. Highly recommended!!!!!

The Big Bad Wolf
The Big Bad Wolf
by James Patterson

4.0 out of 5 stars it was good but......., 10 April 2007
This review is from: The Big Bad Wolf (Paperback)
I thought that this would be like every other James Patterson book I had ever read, I did enjoy the book and have bought the follow up "Londons Bridges" but it was more to do with the fact that the character "The Wolf" annoyed me and less to do with the usual edge of my seat cant wait for more that I now expect from Patterson.

Lasher
Lasher
by Anne Rice

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!!, 28 Oct 2006
This review is from: Lasher (Paperback)
After finishing the mayfair witches i was hoping that this was as good and i was not disappointed!! It was the usual mix of magic and mayhem that is usual with an Anne Rice book. I loved the first book in this series so much i bought the 2 that are recommended and by the time i finished this one i was waiting with baited breath to start the next one! it answers almost every question that you may have about Lasher, keeping back just enough to make you want the last book in the series.marked it down a star because of the size of this book in comparison to the 1st,was hoping for another book of the same size but all in all a fantastic read and well worth it.

The Witching Hour
The Witching Hour
by Anne Rice

5.0 out of 5 stars another truimph for Ms. Rice, 3 July 2006
This review is from: The Witching Hour (Paperback)
I have always been a fan of Anne Rice so when I was told that this was a good read I said I would give it a go.
It is about a family of witches, The Mayfair Witches, and I never thought that I would never like it as much as the Vampire Chronicles but I was wrong!! It kept me engrossed from start to finish, the only bad thing I could say about this book is that even though I kept reading and reading I thought that I would never get to the end (its got over a thousand pages!) That being said I really did not want the end to come. I loved it so much that the day after I had finished it I went straight online and ordered the next 2 books in the series - Lasher and Taltos.
If you like Anne Rice then I can safely say that you will really enjoy this book, it is everything I expect from her!
Again it is a brilliant book if I could have given it more then 5 stars I would have!
BUY IT!!!