ARRAY(0x104ff0c0)

Profile for M. P. Williamson > Reviews

Content by M. P. Williamson

M. P. Williamson "Mike W" (Devon, UK)

The Tracy Anderson Method - Dance Cardio Workout II [DVD]
The Tracy Anderson Method - Dance Cardio Workout II [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tracy Anderson
Offered by simply-well-priced

2.0 out of 5 stars a little soul-less., 27 April 2013
there's no fun in this and the steps are hard to follow..

I much prefered the Julliane hough dvds
Poor

Personal Body Fat Tester Calipers with Manual & Body Fat Charts Fitness Measure by fitnessXzone®
Offered by Thunder Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars CHeap and does the job, 27 April 2013
Came promptly,
it does what it's supposed to..
it's clearly a cheap item.
I used it with the calculator here rather than following the simplistic instructions/chart that comes with it:
[...]

Dance With Julianne: Just Dance [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dance With Julianne: Just Dance [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Julianne Hough
Offered by supermart_usa

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this after cardio ballroom, 27 April 2013
Another great dance workout.
She's got just the right personality that is cute, high energy and doesn't get annoying.
She breaks the moves down well and adds it together progressively... it takes a few watches to get it but it's a great workout.

Not the most strenuous but better still you feel like you're learning to move better.

Dance With Julianne: Cardio Ballroom [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dance With Julianne: Cardio Ballroom [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Julianne Hough
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Great builds nicely, 27 April 2013
This isn't aimed at me (I'm a man) but it's a workout I really enjoyed!
She's bubbly, not annoying at all and makes this such fun.
She breaks down the moves well and moves at a reasonable pace so you can follow.
Some steps are hard but you can get there.

I'd say that as a workout it's moderate rather than tough but in terms of beefing up how you move this does give you skill!

Drawing Scenery: Landscapes and Seascapes
Drawing Scenery: Landscapes and Seascapes
by Jack Hamm

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, concise and brilliant, 6 July 2011
This book is one of the most solid I have ever read on composition. It really explains things well and the illustrations are quick, simple and very effective.

It was also dirt cheap! a total bargain at the price!

I regularly buy art books as there's always more to learn, but this is one I come back to all the time. It's useful for more than landscapes too in my opinion.

Sony VAIO F13S0E 16.4 inch Laptop (Intel Core i7 740QM 1.73GHz, 6Gb, 500Gb, Blu-ray/DVDSM, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Win 7 Home Premium)

1.0 out of 5 stars Inadequate cooling for the spec., 6 July 2011
After seeing mostly positive reviews I ignored the handful of negative ones. Six months on and I really regret it!

Build quality: I remember when VAIO had a great reputation in this area... but this is just shoddy!
one of the touchpad buttons works only intermittently, and that started after 1 month.

The whole case flexes when you pick it up (once I heard some crunching that I HOPE was the fan sticking rather than hard drive plates when I picked it up powered on.

After two months the fan started to get louder and louder to the point that now just having the computer switched on sounds like somebody blow drying their hair!

I bought this as I do a lot of graphics work (3d and video editing) so push the cpu with rendering, push the gpu with graphics... use the cuda cores for accelerating plugins and filters. Now this computer is a dead weight... it shuts down automatically after about 5 minutes of any kind of intensive use. Totally inappropriate for the purpose. I guess that there's a reason that competitors with a similar spec were nearly twice the price!

If I could get my money back right now I certainly would.

Customer services at Sony told me the fan noise was normal! It goes in for repair this week. Frankly I'm not sure it'll make any difference as I'm convinced that the case cooling is totally inadequate for the graphics card and cpu...

It's a real shame because a few years ago Vaio were great... these new models are just cheap...

The only positive is that the screen is nice!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2011 5:57 PM BST