Profile for Izzy C > Reviews

Content by Izzy C

Izzy C "stilton cheesewright" (New Forest, Hampshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
AA Road Map Spain & Portugal (Road Map Europe 2) (AA Road Map Europe)
AA Road Map Spain & Portugal (Road Map Europe 2) (AA Road Map Europe)
by Automobile Association (Great Britain)
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes only a map will do!, 21 Sept. 2015
Nice quality map.

Eat Water Slim Pasta Penne 200g (Pack of 5)
Eat Water Slim Pasta Penne 200g (Pack of 5)
Offered by Superfooduk

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice try - but back to the drawing board., 21 Sept. 2015
Completely inedible, disgusting texture. I think konjac is actually a very promising slimming food, and the noodles are fine, and the fettuccine as well - but I couldn't eat these. Keep up the good work Eat Water, but it's back to the drawing board with these - and the rice. OK, we're all desperate to lose weight - but not quite that desperate!

Henkel 1807921 UniBond Aero 360 Moisture Absorber Refills, Pack of 2
Henkel 1807921 UniBond Aero 360 Moisture Absorber Refills, Pack of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 8 Feb. 2015
The best moisture-absorber I have found! I have been living in a cottage with (slight) damp problems for many years, These devices work brilliantly and do an amazing job in collecting the moisture in a problem bedroom. I would recommend them to anyone who is battling damp problems.

Strong Souls Mens Slippers Grey Velour Velvet Soft Heel Wide Fit Shoes Size 7
Strong Souls Mens Slippers Grey Velour Velvet Soft Heel Wide Fit Shoes Size 7

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, but could have been roomier., 8 Feb. 2015
Fine for shoe size, but not as roomy overall as I'd hoped - but saying that my husband does have special requirements with a foot condition that these were not able to cater for. I learned a lesson in buying these that buying cheap can often mean buying twice as I ended up paying more for a different pair which opened right up and were perfect. But for a straightforward requirement these slippers are perfectly fine, and very good for the money.

Swan Coffee Maker, White
Swan Coffee Maker, White

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back to good old drip-drip coffee makers!, 7 Sept. 2014
It may feel like a backward step, but after years of being persuaded to buy pod-based coffee makers and there over-priced refills, you may be surprised how good these drip-drip coffee makers actually were, and are. We get it ready with coffee, filter and water last thing at night, and with a quick flick of the switch in the morning, we have enough almost boiling hot coffee for two large mugs, and of course it keeps it warm until you are ready. Much less fiddly to clean than a cafetiere as well.

The Child's Child
The Child's Child
by Barbara Vine

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, but not up to previous caliber, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Child's Child (Paperback)
Being an avid Barbara Vine reader, I am always excited to read a new story. As expected, this novel delivered a story well-told and with the familiar tension and mystery. However it is not one of her best, and there have been some exceptional novels, such as The Chimney Sweeper's Boy, No Night is Too Long, a Fatal Inversion and King Solomon's Carpet. For me The Child's Child was mediocre in comparison, but she has set herself a high bar, and I would still say it is a good read, with good characterisation, and the usual well-researched and fascinating historical background.

Master Class Deluxe Stainless Steel Cookie Press / Icing Gun Set (22 Pieces)
Master Class Deluxe Stainless Steel Cookie Press / Icing Gun Set (22 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun, takes a bit of practice., 30 May 2014
I have only used the biscuit function so far, but as long as you follow the recipes suggested by other reviewers you will get good results, the consistency does have to be just right. Had at least one failed attempt before getting the hang of it, so do not be put off if you make a mess of the first batch - I did!! Nice present for any keen cook.

Corona 2-Door Arch Top Robe
Corona 2-Door Arch Top Robe
Offered by mercersfurniture

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice wardrobe, 30 May 2014
We had to return the first wardrobe because the packaging was so bad, and the contents were clearly damaged, but we did receive a replacement very quickly and in good condition. The construction was straightforward and took some effort, but was worth it. The wardrobe, like other items in the range looks very classy for the money and is very solid. I would recommend labelling the parts before you start the construction because they do not carry identification, and we found it necessary to use a big clamp during some parts of the build when two sides needed to be brought together. Very pleased with the result, and would buy again.

Corona 3-Drawer Bedside
Corona 3-Drawer Bedside

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, solid and spacious, 30 May 2014
We bought these to compliment other items in the range, and are just as pleased with these as we were with the sideboard, chest of drawers and wardrobe. All have been easy and fun to construct, with no major problems. The result is very pleasing for the money.

Corona 5-Drawer Narrow Chest
Corona 5-Drawer Narrow Chest

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice addition to matching items, 30 May 2014
We bought this after all ready being delighted with other items in the range. It was very easy to put together, especially as we had already constructed a sideboard, wardrobe and two bedside cabinets in the same style. The result if surprisingly solid and good looking and provides versatile storage, in our case we loaded it with our CDs, but on their sides rather than standing up as not enough headroom in the drawers. Would recommend, and would buy again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4