Profile for Tim Healey > Reviews

Content by Tim Healey

Tim Healey "Aberdeen's Only Superhero" (Aberdeen)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Nightwing: Knight in Bludhaven
Nightwing: Knight in Bludhaven
by Chuck Dixon

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs the Bat?, 9 July 2007
I've always been a huge fan of this character, yet I never liked him as Robin. I started to like the character from his appearance in The New Teen Titants, and later The Titans.

He is the character who ties the DC Universe together, he has met each of the main characters several times of, Led a team of JLA and now a member and ex leader of The Outsiders.

But it's his solo adventures that are far more interesting and this is the perfect jump on point because as a long time reader take it from me.... It gets a lot better..

Enjoy

Good Omens
Good Omens
by Neil Gaiman

5.0 out of 5 stars Pants wettingly funny, 21 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Good Omens (Paperback)
The only way I can honestly review this book is by simply saying.....

When I read this book I got banned from the library for laughing too loud.

Genius, Simply Genius.

Back To Black
Back To Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Food For Your Ears, 21 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Back To Black (Audio CD)
This album sounds like an old record, put onto a cd. There's a glorious older feel to the songs. I know it's not, but it sounds almost like a Motown album. Sheer brilliance.

I always hate listening to acts that have been hyped to heaven and back again, but in this case the hype is true.

an unearthly brilliance fills each song with Amy's superbly lazy vocal style.

A Joy to listen to.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2009 1:30 PM GMT

Music City Soul
Music City Soul
Offered by Media Vortex

5.0 out of 5 stars Why are you reading this? Buy It Now!, 21 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Music City Soul (Audio CD)
Like other people I thought that She had amazing voice but was sated doing pop R&B nonsence. Now that she's doing Soul and her voice has somehow gotten better.

There is a power and a passion in her voice that is mesmerising, it's stounding and I can't get enough of it.

Beautiful, simply beautiful.

Begin To Hope
Begin To Hope
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Bjork mixed with Tori Amos, but much MUCH better, 21 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Begin To Hope (Audio CD)
I was amazed by this artists. Ibought this album on the strenth of the single FIDELITY and worried that This album was bad.

WAS I WRONG!

Listening to this album was like listening to a Tim Burton film, or what the music in the background of Neil Gaiman's Sandma. It's like nothing I've heard before. Since buying it I've not stopped playing it.

One of thge best albums I own, and one of the best you will too.

The Uncanny X-Men: Dark Phoenix
The Uncanny X-Men: Dark Phoenix
by Chris Claremont

5.0 out of 5 stars THE GREATEST, 5 Jun. 2007
Can I just say that this was, and still is, the greatest storyline Marvel comics have ever done.

Loss, heroeism, powerbeyond measure, love, hate. This has everything and then some.

The art is flawless, the storytelling is perfect and the effect is staggering.

This is a must for any comic fan. I wish I could rate it higher.

X-Force & Cable Volume 1: The Legend Returns TPB: Legend Returns v. 1
X-Force & Cable Volume 1: The Legend Returns TPB: Legend Returns v. 1
by Rob Liefeld

1.0 out of 5 stars Why can't I give it half a star?, 5 Jun. 2007
I know I'm not meant to say the ending or what happens in the story, But I feel like I should.

Not gonna, but I feel like I should.

I used to read X-Force while Liefied plotted and drew. Figured it would be a good flash back read.

Unluckily for me I ended up reading a secondrate, half baked story that tries to go somewhere but never moves.

The art work that was once new and quite cool, it just ugly to look at. No matter how bright the colours yo can't help but notice everyone looks the same.

While reading this I no longer felt connected to the characters I once liked.

This would've been a much healthier read if it were handeled by a better creative team, or an artist with a better grasp of story telling.

Stick with Mike Allred's run, more comfortable rad.

New Avengers Volume 3: Secrets And Lies TPB: Secrets and Lies v. 3 (Graphic Novel Pb)
by Brian Michael Bendis

4.0 out of 5 stars Master Of The Long Game, 5 Jun. 2007
Once more Bendis proves that he's a writer who loves the Long Game.

this means he has a running story that he won't let go of. This time it's Spiderwoman's turn.

Bendis obviously loves this character, as well and Daredevil and Ronin. Questions are answered, more are asked, and There is a marvelous moment with Luke Cage in a lift. When you read it you'll see.

A Good story, but not up to the first volume. But still Very Good.

X-Factor: The Longest Night
X-Factor: The Longest Night
by Peter David

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcom to CSI:Mutant Town, 6 April 2007
I was worried about this book when I looked at it. Seeing as it had a lot to live up to after the superb MADROX and Marvel Universe spanning House Of M in which.... you'll have to read that to find out....

X-factor introduces a misfit team who protects Mutant Town whle also taking on cases and PIs.

Just the idea alone was worth a check. Mutant who dunnits.

OK, it wasn't quite that but this first graphic novel gives you enough to ensure you want more. Can't wait for the next volume.

And marevlously comfy read that leaves you looking for more.

Madrox: Multiple Choice TPB
Madrox: Multiple Choice TPB
by Peter David

5.0 out of 5 stars Multiple man, Multiple Man, Does everything a Multiple can, 6 April 2007
I just have to say that I LOVE this book. I loved Peter David's version of Madrox from back in the X-Factor of the nineties. He has taken what some took to be a bit-part hero and made him flesh and blode. In this story he gets to stand on his own feet. The reader gets to empithise with him, understand how the Multiples work.

A great title filled with imagination, characterisation and a perfect starting block for the New X-factor, also worth a read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6