ARRAY(0xb0ddaf90)

Profile for brigbrags > Reviews

Content by brigbrags

brigbrags (York, North Yorks. United Kingdom)

Ring (1998) [DVD] [2000]
Ring (1998) [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Nanako Matsushima
Offered by Jasuli
Price: 6.06

5.0 out of 5 stars I watched it in stages, 2 Aug 2002
This review is from: Ring (1998) [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
I was told 'Ring' was scary so I watched it in parts over three days... during the hours of daylight, to dilute the horror. Good job too; it's extremely tense and not a little disturbing.
I particularly like it that some threads are left eerily unexplained - or maybe it wasn't properly edited. I favour the first possibility.
For scariness it's up there with The Omen but I prefer it to that film for it's complex horror and unbearable build-up. It's a great film with enough novel elements to set it apart as a classic.
Definitely give it a whirl - and watch it all in one go...

Stupid Dream
Stupid Dream
Offered by EliteDigital UK
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not the best, 26 July 2002
This review is from: Stupid Dream (Audio CD)
It seemed as if this was the most likely step for Porcupine Tree to take after Signify. Signify was more sing along than previous albums and in Stupid Dream this has been taken a step further. Don't get me wrong you won't hear a "wonder wall" but I personally prefer some of the more instrumental creations from PT. This said I think Stupid Dream is a superb album along with Lightbulb sun - if you like one you will definitely like the other. The supposedly ironic cover back fires slightly as Stupid Dream is possibly an attempt to appeal to a broader audience, maybe the band do dream of bigger things. People often compare PT to Pink Floyd, I can see why - Porcupine Tree write an album not a collection of songs with a hit at track 1 and another at track 7. So if you like to really listen to music rather than just putting something on then give it a go.