ARRAY(0xa7de3e94)

"wo0kie"

Sonic Adventure
Sonic Adventure

5.0 out of 5 stars A 3D face for an old hero., 11 Jun 2003
This review is from: Sonic Adventure (Video Game)
Having previously owned most of the older sonic titles on the megadrive, I was somewhat interested as to how well the series could be transitioned into a 3D environment. I was initially worried that the game might lose all of the original platform factors that the older titles displayed so well, this was not so.
My first impressions of the game were overall good, the control system was well though out and the graphics seemed fluid. It was not until I started to advance into the game that I realised quite how amazing this title was though. The level design is clever and exciting, and some of the pre-constructed scenes (whale chase etc.) truly make this a top game for me.
Te life expectancy of the game is good as there is a range of characters to play, and a great deal of mini-game opportunites, although the in game pet thingy is a bit dull. I imagine that once the game has been fully completed most players will not be too keen to play it through again, as there is a fair share of tedious sections that have to be completed to progress in the game.
I am very impressed that the sonic team managed to do so well with this game, the gameplay and style are some of the most original and entertaining I have come across for a good while. I would reccomend it to anyone who is interested in genuine sega style games. this game is probably not suited to the type of person who likes racing and beat 'em up style games as a stereotype...