Profile for MeanMrsMustard > Reviews

MeanMrsMustard

You Never Give Me Your Money: The Battle For The Soul Of The Beatles
You Never Give Me Your Money: The Battle For The Soul Of The Beatles

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelllent, 30 July 2012
I read this book while on a cruise and when I woke up in the morning the first thing I could think about doing wasn't exploring the cities that I was visiting, eating at the fabulous restaurant on board or trying out a new activity but reading this book. Yep, it was that good, and I'm not exagerating.
A great read for anybody who considers themselves a fan of good music i.e. The Beatles. It narrates the events leading up to and after the split perfectly.
Haven't got a bad comment to say about the book, only that I wish it was a little longer!

Please Please Me
Please Please Me

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 30 July 2012
This review is from: Please Please Me (Kindle Edition)
It was a good book and I'm glad that I read it because now I know many things about that day that I really should've known before or that I would've liked to have known before. Some things are made up though like, for example, John goes to the bathroom when he arrivs at the studio and he cleans his teeth and swills his mouth out with water. How do they know what he did indide that bathroom? I doubt anybody would remember that, maybe but I doubt it very much.
All in all, a very good book that I would recommend to anybody who adored The Beatles or Please Please Me Lp. Oh yeah, and it only cost 0.99 p! Definitely worth it!