Profile for paddywack > Reviews

Content by paddywack

paddywack (uk)

Magicfly Portable Wireless Doorbell Chime Kit 1000-feet Range 53 Melodies with 2 Outside Transmitters, 2 Push Buttons +1 Plug-In Door Chime, White
Offered by YPC-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, did exactly what it said and over ..., 10 Jan. 2016
excellent product, did exactly what it said and over the full distance. Great range of chimes. Super delivery. would highly reccommend

HP C9309A - C9309A Officejet 7500 printer A3+
HP C9309A - C9309A Officejet 7500 printer A3+
Offered by MCO SUPPLIES UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Oct. 2015
REALLY FAST DELIVERY. PRINTS WELL AND WIRELESS IS BRILL

Yoko Hi-Vis Premium Executive/Manager Waistcoat / Jacket (M) (Pink)
Yoko Hi-Vis Premium Executive/Manager Waistcoat / Jacket (M) (Pink)
Offered by COOZO

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Oct. 2015
GREAT

NailStar® Professional LED Nail Dryer Nail Lamp for Shellac and Gel Polish with 30sec, 60sec, 90sec and 30min Timers
Offered by The Body Source

2.0 out of 5 stars Most disappointed, particularly as this is billed as a professional ..., 20 Jan. 2015
lovely design, but at 12w it doesn't dry Blue Sky Gel Nail Polish, even in thin layers. It took almost 12 mins to dry a thin layer of glitter polish. Most disappointed, particularly as this is billed as a professional use lamp. Don't buy anything less than a 36w LED or you will wait forever to finish your manicure

Real Life Dressage: Training Advice from Novice to Grand Prix
Real Life Dressage: Training Advice from Novice to Grand Prix
by Carl Hester

2.0 out of 5 stars Great insight into choosing dressage horses and Carl's personal approach ..., 29 Aug. 2014
if you are seeking practical dressage riding tips, i.e applied aids, training techniques etc,then this is not the book to buy, in my view. What it does do, is give a broad overview of carl's past horses, their selection, personalities, conformation and training 'quirks'. It covers the general stages of education you could hope to achieve for each age-group of horse,and gives photos of horses in action, but with the vaguest of information on 'in-the-saddle' feel or techniques . If you are hoping for a step-by-step guide from novice to grand prix, steps that you can go away,get in the saddle and and apply, hand position, leg aids, example training regimes or exercises, when or howto train each new movement; then you won't find many of them in this book. Great insight into choosing dressage horses and Carl's personal approach to varying their environment etc, but, for me, very little 'real-life training advice'.

Quick And Clever Felting: 25 Stylish Projects Using Felt Applique, Needle Felting, Wet Felting and Other Easy Techniques
by Ellen Kharade

2.0 out of 5 stars misleading title, 12 Feb. 2010
Well it wasn't that quick or clever.
The book showcases some really beautiful work, but fails to provide step by step instructions for anything other than sewn on felt applique really. There is a 'nod' to needle felting and some wet felted jewellery but it begins with a rather poor section on wet felting your own material; a subject which has been done better, in other books. in my view the book dwells on sewing up existing felt into bags and hats in a rather dull manner

If you want to explore wet felting or needle felting without any reliance on sewing or stitching then don't bother, this isn't the book for you. If you want to know what to do with left over bits of synthetic felt or your own scrap prefelt then it might provide some inspiration, but don't hold your breath.

Not enough step by step projects or innovative deisgns to be really quick or clever. Not recommended.

Breville Antony Worrall Thompson VFP013 Intelligent Food Processor, 800 W
Breville Antony Worrall Thompson VFP013 Intelligent Food Processor, 800 W

2.0 out of 5 stars dangerous design flaw!, 4 Jan. 2010
On the surface this is a well thought out processor with a decent sized motor 800w, good safety features - locking bowl, variable speeds and pulse, blender bowl and spare blades storage in the body - well done Breville I thought! I couldn't find any reviews for it as it seemed to be a new model but I couldn't wait for it to arrive - a late xmas present to myself.

On arrival I almost cried as I set it up and tried it out. There is a lot to commend it, but
Its one main flaw, and one that colours everything else about it, is that in order to swap any of the blades ie to use the slicing blade,or the grating attachment, you first have to remove the chopping blade every time, which involves taking the double chopping blade off the bottom of the spindle ( which is worryingly flimsy). There is no choice about this, and as you do this, you are forced to come into contact with the two sharp metal blades each time! This is just awful and extremely dangerous in my view. I hated it.

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FAR PREFERABLE TO HAVE THE CHOPPING BLADE PERMANENTLY ON ITS OWN SPINDLE SO THAT REMOVAL AVOIDS TOUCHING THE BLADES. A DANGEROUS AND POOR DESIGN FLAW IN AN OTHERWISE REASONABLE MODEL. I cannot recommend this model despite its good points, as I consider it fiddly to use, dangerous and a waste of money. I had a Moulinex masterchef previously. I am sorry Anthony and Breville, but wish I'd stuck to that model, and I suspect I won't be the only one! As I want to keep the 10 fingers I have got. I SHALL NOT BUY THIS MODEL AGAIN AND I SHALL BE SENDING THIS ONE STRAIGHT BACK!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2012 2:49 PM GMT

Felt Frenzy
Felt Frenzy
by Shannon Okey

4.0 out of 5 stars great - fulL of experiment results, ideas and projects to try, 6 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Felt Frenzy (Paperback)
I bought this looking for new ways to use shrunken jumpers, handmade felt and to play around with the concept of small scale felting. This book was perfect, it provided some sharp insights into the authors own felting experiments and what had worked for them and things to try at home it also provided some beautifully illustrated projects. Although I am not going to work with the felted slippers, there are other bags, hats and wraps etc worth doing - hurray a great book for me a first time felter.

Customizing Cool Clothes: From Dull to Divine in 30 Projects
Customizing Cool Clothes: From Dull to Divine in 30 Projects
by Kate Haxell

1.0 out of 5 stars boring and uninspiring, 6 Aug. 2008
I bought this looking for unique and inspiring ideas to recreate or redesign old clothes in an effort to save money and be greener. I wish I hadn't bothered. Much of the book focuses on adding to or embellishing some very poor looking choices and very outdated items with lacklustre suggestions such as buttons and ribbon, rather than anything clever with scissors, needle and thread or mixing it up with several different items together. Hopelessly disappointing and might be of use to a top end primary school girl looking to update her uniform in a kind of Blue Peter way?! Can't recommend this...to anyone really

Abstract Techniques and Colour in Painting
Abstract Techniques and Colour in Painting
by Claire Harrigan

4.0 out of 5 stars sparkling showcase for Claire's works - lacklustre information, 6 Aug. 2008
this book is a beautiful, bright and colourful reference book a real coffee table gem and delightful showcase for a wide range of Claire's bold abstract artwork - which I love.

I was seeking some outline structure to help me achieve my own approach to bold abstracts and found this to be a very poor source for practical techniques or real life studio information. The two examples provided are disappointing and lacking in detail, but then if she gave away her personal secrets we'd all be producing similar work - so perhaps like any clever artist she has left us frustrated and wanting more. For me it was worth the money I spent because I do look at the art illustrations in it and aspire to produce bold works for myself. If you're seeking a know-how book don't bother, but it you want a quick collection of Claires work - then open your wallet...