Profile for Mr Ian Ferguson > Reviews

Content by Mr Ian Ferguson

Mr Ian Ferguson

Horizontal. The Recumbent Adventures of Philias Switchmoat the Third.
Horizontal. The Recumbent Adventures of Philias Switchmoat the Third.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Confederacy of Dunces....this could be the British Version, 2 July 2014
Enjoyed this surreal story a great deal very witty in parts with some bizarre and yet amusing elements.
The story of Philias Switchmoat the Thirds, descent into the abyss is at times ridiculous, boardering on the "Pythonesque" and yet it gripped me from start to finish.

If you enjoy the absurd and surreal, this tale of a gentlemen will I am sure amuse you, the only book I have read that bears any resemblance to this was A Confederacy of Dunces....this could be the British Version

Revenge Grows Harsh
Revenge Grows Harsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've read in ages, 24 Jun. 2014
Was persuaded to download this by a contact on Twitter, as an exiled Mancunian I really enjoyed the cultural & geographical references, however that is'nt why I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed it because it is a gripping thriller, with a super plot and great characters. Twists aplenty it enthralled me throughout, to the extent that I felt the need to write a review.

If you enjoy Rebus, then we now have a Manchester version....great read!

Passage To Juneau: A Sea and Its Meaning
Passage To Juneau: A Sea and Its Meaning
by Jonathan Raban

4.0 out of 5 stars It ain't just for Sailors!, 31 Oct. 2000
This is an exceptional book it works on three levels as a potted history of the aboriginals of the American North West and it's exploration by the British, as a book about the pleasures and perils of sailing and most profoundly of all human relationships - Father and Son, Daughter and Father....Husband and Wife. It is the story of a middle aged man sailing his pleasure craft along the north west coast of the USA & Canada from Seattle to Junneau but believe me when I tell you it is far more than that. I was given the book as a gift and could not put it down!