Profile for Michael James Talbot > Reviews

Content by Michael James ...

Michael James Talbot (Birmingham, England.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Eleanor the Secret Queen: The Woman Who put Richard III on the Throne
Eleanor the Secret Queen: The Woman Who put Richard III on the Throne

5.0 out of 5 stars Eleanor Should Have Been The Queen of England., 15 Aug. 2014
I really enjoyed reading this publication and will, no doubt, read it again in the future. It is a fascinating period in English history. As a TALBOT I have much sympathy for her misfortunate as King Edward IV (28 April 1442 – 9 April 1483) was more ruled by his libido than being a ruler. She entered into a form of marriage with him and was to........ well I will stop as I do not want to spoil the rest of her story for subsequent readers. The author is a skilful researcher of medieval history. I am pleased that he has raised her profile as she has been "airbrushed" from history. She was not mentioned in the award winning B.B.C.'s "White Queen." I look forward to reading his work on Richard III. He is currently, my favourite author, hence the full marks.

Biggles: The Camels Are Coming
Biggles: The Camels Are Coming

5.0 out of 5 stars BIGGLES, A HERO OF THE ROYAL FLYING CORPS, 17 July 2014
I really enjoyed this publication, on my Kindle device, while on holiday in Majorca, Spain. With no distractions from English newspapers - with their usual bad news from home - no mobile phone, computer, or television, which meant that it ensured I concentrated fully on the stories inside. In this year of commemorating the centenary of the Great War (1914-1918) it is a superb read. Highly recommend it. You feel that you are flying up there in the clouds with him.

Take Me Home Cute Dog Door Stop - Chunky Cord Ribbed Dog 28cm - Vanilla
Take Me Home Cute Dog Door Stop - Chunky Cord Ribbed Dog 28cm - Vanilla
Offered by Office Stationery Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife Loves This, 28 April 2014
Bought my wife this as a present for Christmas. She collects door stops. Called him "Biscuit" As there is a member of the family who is allergic to dog hair this is ideal to have in the house !!

Running through Walls: The Dave Langan Autobiography
Running through Walls: The Dave Langan Autobiography

4.0 out of 5 stars A Birmingham City Hero, 28 April 2014
Not only was David Langan a hero when he played for Birmingham City F.C., but for Ireland too. I was sad when I heard that he had problems off the field with his health though.

Ladies Soft Black Leather Gloves (Large)
Ladies Soft Black Leather Gloves (Large)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for driving., 28 April 2014
Always had black uniformed leather gloves when I was a policeman. So now that I am retired it is good to buy a pair. They are ideal when driving the car by maintaining a good grip on the steering wheel.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor Blades - Pack of 8
Gillette Fusion ProGlide Manual Razor Blades - Pack of 8

4.0 out of 5 stars Best shaving product there is (in my opinion), 28 April 2014
I like it because I get a consistent close shave, so, no five o'clock shadow. I have been using it for some years.

Edwin Jagger 99.9% Natural Shaving Soap (sandalwood) 65g Refill Sssw
Edwin Jagger 99.9% Natural Shaving Soap (sandalwood) 65g Refill Sssw
Offered by Mencorner

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Product, 28 April 2014
I like the art of shaving using a brush to apply the soap to my face, so, this is a very good product. So much so that I will need to buy another one very soon.

The Great War: July 1, 1916: the First Day of the Battle of the Somme
The Great War: July 1, 1916: the First Day of the Battle of the Somme
by Joe Sacco

4.0 out of 5 stars VERY INTERESTING., 28 April 2014
As we commemorate the Great War of 1914-1918, I find this book very interesting with the first day of the Battle of the Somme. A useful addition to my collection of books from that era.

Sony ICD-PX333M 4GB PC Link Voice Recorder, MC Slot inc Stereo Mic
Sony ICD-PX333M 4GB PC Link Voice Recorder, MC Slot inc Stereo Mic
Offered by K.K. Electronics

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for studies, 28 April 2014
I am attending a course and an exam, in June 2014, which I hope, by using this instrument, to record the lessons while taking notes will mean that I can retain my part - time job.

Nike Tech Blank Cap White
Nike Tech Blank Cap White
Offered by COOZO

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the summer, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Nike Tech Blank Cap (Apparel)
Better quality that the one I have to protect me from the sun (if we have a summer in England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10