Profile for E. Charters > Reviews

Content by E. Charters

E. Charters (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
God's Smuggler (Hodder Christian paperbacks)
God's Smuggler (Hodder Christian paperbacks)
by Elizabeth Sherill

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss it, 12 Jun 2000
This is a very easy book to read and will keep you coming back to it at every opportunity.
As a Christian it has made me feel very humble and challenged.
Brother Andrew and Brother David (Gods Smuggler to China) both heard Gods call on their lives and simply obeyed.
Try it

Joshua
Joshua
by Joseph F. Girzone

5.0 out of 5 stars Touchingly beautiful, 12 Jun 2000
This review is from: Joshua (Paperback)
I have read this book over and over since buying it on holiday in 1996, I was in Orlando Florida in a shop called Books a Million, saw a few Joshua books but only bought this in case it wasn't very good.
Its more than good, it brought me closer to God as I could imagine Jesus in such a human and personal way that I never could before.
I don't see how anyone could be offended by it unless they are SUPER sensistive and ready for an arguement (nothing new there, the church is full of people like that)
Since 1996 I combed bookshops in the UK without success until finding Amazon. Now I am eagerly awaiting "Joshua the homecoming" having read every other book in the series
Try it and see what you think

In God's Name: An Investigation into the Murder of Pope John Paul I
In God's Name: An Investigation into the Murder of Pope John Paul I
by David A. Yallop

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss this one, 1 Feb 2000
I read this book in 1984 when it first came out and 16 years later still go back to it occasionally. Its brilliantly written and portrays Luciani as a strong and fearlessly godly man.
He was ready to take the Catholic Church by the scruff of the neck but never got the chance, he was murdered instead !
If you get a bit bogged down with the financial details of the Vatican/Mafia/Banco Ambrosio just persevere and youre in for a great read

I'LL GIVE YOU BACK A HEALTHY CHILD
I'LL GIVE YOU BACK A HEALTHY CHILD
by HALL E

5.0 out of 5 stars UNMISSABLE, 3 Dec 1999
The Hall family are personal friends of ours and I wholeheartedly recommend this book.
The heartache John's illness has caused them is very deep and very real but this is balanced out with a deep and unshakeable faith in a loving God.
Even in the darkest days their faith is a testimony to everyone around them.
Don't miss it.

This Present Darkness
This Present Darkness
by Frank Peretti

5.0 out of 5 stars UNMISSABLE, 6 Nov 1999
This review is from: This Present Darkness (Paperback)
You must read this, its fantastic!!!!!
This book is gripping from page 1 to the end and the next book Piercing the darkness is as good if not better.
A great Christmas present.

Page: 1 | 2