Profile for Philip Bosworth > Reviews

Philip Bosworth

Cafelat Tamping Stand
Cafelat Tamping Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Sturdy, 29 Jun. 2015
One of the reviews on here from .com may lead you to believe this item is plastic. Mine purchased from .co.uk and the product is most definitely stainless steel, like the one in the picture. A very sturdy bit of kit.

Bose ® QuietComfort ® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones (Discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Outdoor Use!, 25 Mar. 2015
Some Background:

For many years I've worn Bose MIE2i. Extremely comfortable, good sound and they NEVER fall out of my ears. Mainly used with an iPod, I wear earphones for much of a day while I take long walks with the dog. But MIE2i offers no noise attenuation and, although they are great in quiet environments, I found myself having to turn up the volume when walking alongside roads and the like. I recently read some stuff about EU recommendations for noise exposure, learned that my iPhone has a selectable EU limit, and realised that I'd been exposing myself, periodically, to quite a din. EU limit selected on, my iPhone could not be heard through MIE2i (or Apple earphones for that matter) in those roadside environments. I decided to try the QC20i.

What's Good:

The QC20i is a great earphone set for my walking outdoors requirements. StayHear+ is not quite as comfortable as StayHear but I can wear them for hours and they always stay where I put them. These earphones must be powered! The power off sound quality is not as good as MIE2i and should be considered as the emergency 'Get Me Home' option only. Powered on, the sound quality is much better than MIE2i. I know that Bose is not to everybody's taste but these make a really big sound and bass is incredible for a toy so small. ANR is great; it kills just enough noise! I can still hear most stuff going on but the noise level is significantly reduced so that wandering from woodland to roadside requires no volume adjustment. My volume level is set well short of the EU limiter now. AWARE mode is a misnoma; any notion that noise is reduced whilst maintaining transmission of safety critical sound is poppycock! So far as I can tell, it's powered audio without ANR. The battery doesn't bother me, it sits in the same pocket as my phone.

Consider:

I also own QC25 which I purchased for Planes, Trains & Automobiles. In terms of noise reduction the QC20i doesn't come close. Before you even address the electronic wizardry, the QC25 has a huge head start in terms of passive attenuation so they're always going to kill more noise. The QC20i is great for taking the edge off irritating noise but if you're looking to take the real din out of travel, the QC25 is always going to be better.

KAVAJ leather case cover "Dallas" for the Apple iPhone 6S and iPhone 6 4.7 inch cognac brown - genuine leather with business card holder. Slim flip case as premium accessory for the original Apple iPhone 6/6S doubles as a wallet.
Offered by KAVAJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Pleased!, 7 Oct. 2014
Beautiful product of 1st Class materials and construction! Straight from the box, the 'Cognac' leather has a wonderful appearance. The iPhone enclosure is very secure and the corners appear to be well protected. I'm really pleased with this case.

Great access to the ports and buttons with wallet open or closed. I use 3rd party earphones with a larger than standard plug assembly; I've seen several reviews of cases with compatibility issues but there is no such problem with this one.

Credit card slots on the outside. Great! There are plenty of cases with slots on the inside but I'm not sure that even Gorilla Glass would tolerate that kind of perpetual abrasion from a credit card.

Hunter Men's Balmoral Neoprene Wellies
Hunter Men's Balmoral Neoprene Wellies
Price: £69.00 - £128.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Materials Not Up To The Job!, 20 Jan. 2012
These boots lasted me 2 weeks before my heels had worn through the neoprene liners of both boots. I returned them for refund. I walk a lot of miles with the dog and I thought I was buying a hard-wearing quality product. Unfortunately, Hunter's choice of material and construction is not up to the job.

I'm now wearing Aigle Parcours ISO. The heel cavity is reinforced with a rubber abrasion strip so the neoprene is protected; a much better design and choice of material (I notice that my Mother-in-Law's Toggi wellys are similarly reinforced). I think it's sad that Hunter couldn't get it right, the Balmoral is very comfortable and it's a great looking welly.

Cuisinart GRSM1U sandwich maker chrome
Cuisinart GRSM1U sandwich maker chrome

1.0 out of 5 stars Flawed Handle Design, 19 Mar. 2011
Granted, I didn't buy this product at Amazon but I wish I'd come here to read the reviews. Top handle snapped clean off and judging by the number of reports here (30% breakage rate), Cuisinart appear to have produced a beautifully flawed design.