Profile for Roy Smith > Reviews

Content by Roy Smith

Roy Smith "doyster" (Woodchurch Kent)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
L.d. 50
L.d. 50

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst album I've heard - without exaggeration, 12 Oct. 2002
This review is from: L.d. 50 (Audio CD)
This is rubbish. It's noise for the sake of noise. Someone's got to balance the arguments made below. The thing about this band is that they have a great sound and they're tight and well produced, but come-on, there are no tunes. I bought this after hearing Dig, which, yes, is a decent track, but the rest of the album is creatively poor.
The likes of Raging Speedhorn show how fierce noise can be made an interesting proposition. Mudvayne miss the mark by miles. If you want a heavier version of Hearsay then this might be for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2011 7:43 PM BST

Elephantine
Elephantine

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutal, 8 July 2001
This review is from: Elephantine (Audio CD)
What a debut.
These guys make song writing seem easy. You end up asking yourself why there are not more talented bands like Landmine Spring (particularly in the UK), who manage to knock us off our feet with their sheer no-compromise intensity, but at the same time give us something to hum at work. For me, it was Helmet who broke the mould and helped haul the whole metal/hardcore thing into mainstream acceptability in the early 90's through real songwriting ability. Landmine Spring have taken the baton. And I'm not talking sell-out. We all know that the world is finally taking notice of our anti-social music. We don't need long hair now. We can wear glasses. The music stands for itself. Landmine Spring are an important part of the changing musical world - and all in their own terms.
Just buy it and see what I mean.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3