Profile for Singing Sandra > Reviews

Songs of the Cat
by Garrison Keillor
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun, 3 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Songs of the Cat (Audio CD)
I knew this from years ago, and my children were brought up singing it. Witty, funny and the best of Garrison Keiller, if you like cats and are a student of their habits.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 3 Jan. 2012
This really is just a collection of wikipedia articles, time that some more of us visited and put in some real information. Or someone should write the real book. Better than nothing at all, I suppose.

Linx 8 inch Memoire Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame - Piano Black
Linx 8 inch Memoire Hi-Res Digital Photo Frame - Piano Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for granny but needs a lead to upload to memory card, 21 Jan. 2010
I bought this for my 87 year old mother who has been delighted to see old and recent family photos and since looked out a load more for me to put on it. I bought a memory card but did not realise that the appropriate lead was not included so at present am using a memory stick. This would be a fantastic thing to give an elderly person in a nursing home - I listened recently to a Radio 4 programme with Michael Parkinson on alzheimer care, where a "memory book" or favourite music can not only help the patient recall memories and cheer up but also help staff to see the person behind the patient and engage in real conversation. This would be a fantastic tool and could include the music and video.

Bosch Rotak 320 Electric Rotary Lawn Mower
Bosch Rotak 320 Electric Rotary Lawn Mower

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for granny, 15 Dec. 2009
My fit 87 year old mother wanted to mow her little lawn and asked me to get a flyno. After reading the reveiws I chose this instead, and she is delighted, says it is light as a feather.

Handel: Messiah
Handel: Messiah

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite right for a first time amateur alto, 15 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Handel: Messiah (Audio CD)
I bought this after reading the reveiws for my first attempt in a choral society, and my first proper attempt at singing the alto part. The music is wonderful, but the altos are quite quiet, and we only had six rehearsals, so it was not as much of an aid whilst driving the car as I had hoped - I couldn't follow the alto line without the music.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 27, 2010 12:37 PM BST