Profile for Mr. R. Mcmanus > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Mcmanus

Mr. R. Mcmanus (Derby, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Yahtzee Score Pad Board Game
Yahtzee Score Pad Board Game
Offered by Fun Collectables
Price: 8.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Yahtzee Score Pad Board Game (Toy)
I had this as a kid and have just bought it again - a great game - just the right level of frustration and chance. It is a great quality product and I like the way the dice store in the shaker - ideal for holidays.

Secrets of Fly-fishing for Trout (Right Way S.)
Secrets of Fly-fishing for Trout (Right Way S.)
by Ian Ball
Price: 5.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Thorough book, 12 Sep 2013
This book, in my view, is as much a long term reference as a one off read. It has a detailed section on entomology of insects eaten by trout - but also invaluable sections on tactics etc. Some of the snippets are really enlightening and can be skipped over too quickly first time through to realise what gems they are. I would recommend this with Getting Started at Fly Fishing for Trout by Alan Sefton.

Milliput Black - 2 Part Epoxy Putty (113.4 grams)
Milliput Black - 2 Part Epoxy Putty (113.4 grams)
Offered by HobbyGameCenter
Price: 4.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 12 Sep 2013
I was looking for something to model into a shape like a cap end to a project I was working on. I found this simple to use and the project looks perfect. I was almost put off by other reviews dismissing using this for modelling. It was simple to use for my fairly straight forward project - I cut it with a modelling knife and then shaped it with a wet cloth, wet knife blade or just my finger. I am so pleased with the results.

Getting Started at Fly Fishing for Trout
Getting Started at Fly Fishing for Trout
by Allan Sefton
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 10 Aug 2013
I found this book a really great read with some good, sensible advice on how to be a good fly fisherman. I consider myself to be an experienced amateur, but it has made me re-visit my gear, my cast, the flies I use and my confidence. It has advised me of the core principles of Fly Fishing which never really change, while encouraging me to lean the waters I fish to gain experience of what works there. This is exactly what I was looking for. The writing style was clear and easy to understand.

The book explains a number of how and why questions for different conditions - but remind you that the rest is down to you.

I would recommend it without reservation.

Cable-Core RJ45 Strain Relief Snagless Network Boot Red x 20
Cable-Core RJ45 Strain Relief Snagless Network Boot Red x 20

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable Boots, 23 Feb 2012
There is not a lot to say about these. They are well made and a great for identifying RJ45 cable runs I make myself. They arrived on time and I am really pleased with them. I do not make netwrok cables all the time but is is handy for odd jobs wher standard cables will not work.

Cable-Core RJ45 Strain Relief Snagless Network Boot Blue x 20

Cable-Tex RJ45 Strain Relief Snagless Network Boot Grey x 20
Offered by PC Supplies Limited
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 23 Feb 2012
There is not a lot to say about network cable boots. However, I have recently had a new office built at work and was too tight to pay someone to install the wired network and decided to do it myself. It is not complicated but it is a little time consuming and I would recommend it. I prefer wired networks for speed and security. The advice I had was to check each connection well and out of some 90 connection only one tested wrong. Then when I put the computers in place, I used spare cable to connect these to the network - which is where the boots came in to tidy and identify the ends of the cables. The are well made and did the job. It means I do not have loads of spare network cabling lying under the desks. To be honest, I am not sure if it is cost effective and still buy pre-made cables, but it is great for tidying these up or making odd lengths. It can be frustrating when you put a plug on upside down and get the wires reversed but when you do it once you make sure you do not do it again!

Logitech X-530 PC Multimedia Home Theatre Speaker System
Logitech X-530 PC Multimedia Home Theatre Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Speakers, 23 Feb 2012
I did a lot of research before buying these speakers and the reviews were generally good.

I wanted them for playing music on my PC and general PC sound. They have exceeded my expectations is every way. They are well built - as you would expect from Logitech - were well packaged. The delivery was very timely and arrived as expected.

It did not take too long to fit them in place and the sound is faultless. I have had other sets of speakers in the past and these are by far the best. I am really pleased with them. As a note, my operating system is Ubuntu (linux), which is part of thereason for chosing them as they were stated to work on Linux. This note is really for Linux users as the sound on other operating systems will be the same. I have no reservations giving them 5 stars.

Database Programming with OpenOffice.org Base & Basic
Database Programming with OpenOffice.org Base & Basic
by Roberto Benitez
Price: 21.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive Book, 22 July 2011
I cannot pretend to have read or understood hte whole content of this book yet, but it is a very comprehensive guide to Database Programming. I would not use OpenOffice Base without it to hand. The Author is respected in the Base community as a contributor to projects and extensions. There is on-line access to some content to save re-typing.

If you are serious about Datablase, then this is a good book for reference to programming.

Page: 1 | 2