Profile for Lewis > Reviews

Content by Lewis

Lewis

Ep.#13 - "A Show of Force" (The Frontiers Saga)
Ep.#13 - "A Show of Force" (The Frontiers Saga)

3.0 out of 5 stars Seemed a bit to fast, 6 April 2015
I've read all of Ryk's books so far and re-read them all a month or so ago. This one I didn't enjoy, it just felt too fast paced with too many threads. Not go give anything away but the thread with the nanites seemed to be filler, the same with Celestia\Cameron. It seemed like a gap book, maybe it was in editing for so long because he has split the books up, I don't know. But the ending seemed a bit abrupt and didn't draw me in to the final scene at all. I'm hoping the next one will.be better.

Ready Steady Bed Children's Bean Bag Chair Owls Design Ready Filled
Ready Steady Bed Children's Bean Bag Chair Owls Design Ready Filled
Offered by House Keeping

4.0 out of 5 stars good for toddler, 11 Mar. 2015
Bought this chair for my 4 year old, fits perfectly keeps her sitting watching the tv at a distance rather than standing up at it.
Reason for 4 stars is that the central panel at the back's pattern is upside down, this is due to being one solid piece from the front. You wouldn't see it from the front it was only my little one pointing out the owls on the back were upside down. If not for this minor issue it would be 5 stars

700c Shimano Deore Disc 29" 29er Front & Rear Wheels
700c Shimano Deore Disc 29" 29er Front & Rear Wheels
Offered by Parkers of Bolton

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacements for Hybrid Wheels, 12 Jan. 2014
Bought this set to replace my Specialized Globe wheels as they were buckled. Had to really look around to find a wheel set for a hybrid and with disc breaks. Good wheels, thick spokes and balanced rims too freewheel worked as expected.

Wiska Combi 1210 - 160x140x81 Weatherproof IP67, The Next Generation High Quality Grey Junction Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Junction box, 12 Jan. 2014
Good junction box for the price, very sturdy with plenty of entries. Doesn't come with a terminal block for cable less than 2.5mm but a good choice for an outdoor application like a boat.

Ep.#10 - "Liberation" (The Frontiers Saga)
Ep.#10 - "Liberation" (The Frontiers Saga)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, 12 Jan. 2014
Since 'Resistance' I have been waiting for this to come out.

Not to spoil any of the story for anyone this book is as well written as the last, good structure and plot I'm unsure if Ryk has a physics Degree as the movement of the ships in space seem to be as per the Laws of Physics.
As for the plot well you won't want to put it down I was up for 3 hours reading till 2am just to finish it. Ryk keeps story moving along towards the climax which I can say gets the heart going.
I have recently been reading Star Trek Enterprise Beneath the Raptor's wing which I have found to be very immature in it's character's personalities they are very simple and rather predictable (I did like the series before anyone questions that) and it's very American outlook on the ST universe. By contrast I have found Ryk to be quite even in his writing in the Frontier's universe with a mostly neutral outlook on the planet Earth and it's people. His character's have developed very well from Ep. 1 and in this there is a very questionable decision taken with the character 'Tony' which shows a real human side the question you ask yourself is would you do the same thing in Nathan's position?

I look forward to the as yet unnamed Episode 11.

German (Lonely Planet Phrasebook)
German (Lonely Planet Phrasebook)
by Gunter Muehl

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 20 Sept. 2010
I was in Spain before going to Germany and the Lonely Planet Spanish book was very helpful. Decided to get the German one for going to Berlin and found that it contained just about all the information we required. Why I've rated it 3 stars is the phonetics, if you come from Britain they won't make sense I believe this may have been meant for Americans. We found that it was easier to read the German work rather than say it according to the phonetics.