Profile for Riona08 > Reviews

LazyTown: The Album - CD + DVD
Offered by Big World UK
Price: 8.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD with all the songs from the shows, 31 Aug 2011
All the songs from all the shows are on here. There are 21 songs on there & is a DVD with all the 'videos' for the songs from the show so you are really getting value for money. It's really catchy & is not too painful to listen to as a parent. Really good value & great songs on there which my little one (3) now knows all the words to so that's been great for her too. Also, though she is no longer into watching the show she loves this so I feel that I have gotten a long lasting great product!

Hi-5 Hits
Hi-5 Hits
Offered by rbmbooks
Price: 11.73

5.0 out of 5 stars All the hits are on here!, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Hi-5 Hits (Audio CD)
If your smallie likes to sing or dance or likes H5 in anyway this is the album for you! It's in the car at all times & has gotten me out of some trickey situations when the little ones are tired or cross bung this on & they'll be singing all the way home! Great CD.

The Long Song
The Long Song
by Andrea Levy
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant I am now an Andrea Addict!, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Long Song (Paperback)
This book is a great read, you will laugh & you will cry but one thing is for sure you will enjoy this book. This lady has such a way with words that I just devour her books (& I must admit I can be a bit of a page skimmer) she makes me want to take in every word and almost re-read the page just to take it all in. I could not put this down & loved each & every character. Can't wait to get more have read small island (also a cracking read)but I intend to get on with reading the rest of the books from the author. Do yourself a favour and read this excellent book.

Shadow Child
Shadow Child

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as her other books, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Shadow Child (Paperback)
I was a little disappointed with this book, as a huge Judith Lennox fan I have read a lot of her work & this book is not one of her greatest works. The characters just did not engage me enough to care for there welfare of where they ended up and in particular the main character was just not believeable and overall I was disappointed as it sounded so good on the cover! I've read worse but for Judith Lennox this was a little bit of a letdown.

Party Time!: Magnet Book (Balamory)
Party Time!: Magnet Book (Balamory)
by Various

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 31 Aug 2011
This is only 'ok'. The magnets are difficult to get out of the holders & have all torn off of their backing also there's no real story to the book so overall I was dissapointed with this. However if your little one is a huge Balamory fan I'm sure they will love it as there's a magnet of each of the characters from the show (though they are cartoon not photographs).

Dora's Starry Christmas (Dora the Explorer 8x8 (Quality))
Dora's Starry Christmas (Dora the Explorer 8x8 (Quality))
by Christine Ricci

5.0 out of 5 stars a lovely little book!, 31 Aug 2011
This is a really lovely Christmassy book where Dora & Boots help Santa out with his deliveries on Christmas Eve, it's a must have for any Dora fan at Christmas time but has enough going on in it to make your little one's want to read it at other times during the year. Went down a storm in my house anyway!

Standing In The Rainbow
Standing In The Rainbow
by Fannie Flagg
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read!, 31 Aug 2011
If you are a Fannie Flagg fan do not hesitate to read this book, it's laugh out loud funny at times & will have you close to tears at other times. There are so many characters but somehow I found that FF made me love each and everyone of them as you will too if you take the time to read this lovely book. I've read several FF books & I have to say that this stands out for me as one of the best. A really excellent read and I would recommend it to all! Enjoy!

All My Sisters
All My Sisters
Price: 5.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book - excellent storyteller, 11 April 2011
This review is from: All My Sisters (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book, as with the other reviewer I felt like staying up til the wee small hours to get through it but at the same time I was torn by not wanting it to end as I really really felt like I was getting to know (& love!) the sisters & their story. I am a huge fan of Judith Lennox so I am a little biased, I have read several of her books & so far I feel that this & In the Heart of the Night are the best by far. This was a great story which will leave me thinking for a long time to come. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys stories set in this period & anyone who likes a really good book to get their teeth into! Enjoy I know I did!

The Heart of the Night
The Heart of the Night
Price: 6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent riveting read...., 4 Aug 2010
This review is from: The Heart of the Night (Paperback)
Am not a regular reviewer, but I had to write that I really really loved this book, great storyline which as another reviewer put it flowed beautifully, great characters & a great story really didn't want it to end & have found myself missing it since it did! Highly recommended to anyone looking for a good story about an interesting time in history.

One Day
One Day
by David Nicholls
Price: 6.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't put yourself through this...., 1 May 2010
This review is from: One Day (Paperback)
This is one of those times when I am wishing I had read the 1/2 star reviews before reading the 5 star ones, as I might have saved myself 5.99 & a boring couple of days. Both of the main characters are twits, neither of whom I cared or connected remotely with. Emma was painful & was it me or were they so completly never even remotely likely to be friends? (no doubt someone on here will say 'it's just you' but anyway). Also, Dex. well where to begin, what a complete tool, who I can't believe anyone would want to be friends with (let alone fancy). Chick lit at it's finest. Enjoy if that's what you want, but really take heed (as I wish I'd done)this is drivel of the highest order.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2010 1:04 PM BST