Profile for E M Sundt > Reviews

E M Sundt (UK)

A Eurasian Diary
A Eurasian Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and Observant!, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: A Eurasian Diary (Kindle Edition)
This book guides you with bemusement and good humour through a part of the world I previously knew little about. It shows that travelling home the long way has its challenges and some massive rewards.

Murder on the Orient Express (Poirot)
Murder on the Orient Express (Poirot)
by Agatha Christie

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional paradigm in the genre of murder fiction, 30 Dec 2001
As my eyes couldn't run across the page fast enough I was begging with my housemates to reveal the impossible ending that was coming towards me like the express train itself.
Luckily they didn't. There are few books that make one speechless after reading them but this was mine, though after my initial awe I bleated my admiration of the author to everybody I met.
Although I am normally only a fan of Miss Marple in Agatha Christie's works, she weaves her wand of compassion over Poirot and the passengers of the train, allowing the fabric of reality to settle around a moral conclusion which grips you and pulls you until the last.
Although a relatively young reader I appreciated it with memorable vigour. Make sure you have a spare day because it will not leave your sight!

Authorship: From Plato to the Postmodern: From Plato to the Postmodern - A Reader
by Dr. Sean Burke

4.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive reference tool, 30 Nov 2001
The topic area of Authorship is so incredibly vast that most people do not know where to start but Burke manages to condense relevant snippets of thinking into this anthology with relative ease. It is a useful introduction to Barthesian theory and a comprehensive reference tool when studying this area.