Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (North Yorks, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Fun with Mathematics
Fun with Mathematics

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good ideas, 6 May 2013
Lots of good ideas for simple easy games and exercise to do with maths. Useful for teachers or parents looking for ways to encourage kids to be more interested in maths.

Networking All-in-One For Dummies
Networking All-in-One For Dummies

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know about networking!, 6 May 2013
I bought this book to help me understand and solve problems with my home network( windows ) as we have several computers some connecting wirelessly and other computers and devices connecting with ethernet cable. This book goes far beyond my requirements. It was difficult to find what I wanted because it's such a complicated subject and this book covers everything. I would not recommend buying this book if you are just working at a low level like me but if you love technology and getting right into the detail then go ahead.

How Many Socks Make a Pair?: Surprisingly Interesting Maths
How Many Socks Make a Pair?: Surprisingly Interesting Maths
by Rob Eastaway

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 6 May 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book. It's packed full of interesting ideas and information. If you think you don't like maths then try reading this book, it might just convert you.

Zoom 3G/4G Wireless-N Travel Router
Zoom 3G/4G Wireless-N Travel Router

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Mar. 2013
I bought this to use with my Nexus 7 while I am travelling. I already have a BT dongle which I use with my laptop. The zoom travel router works perfectly with my BT dongle and I have had several devices connected to it at the same time. I also bought the in car charger so I can top up the battery or run it off the car power supply during journeys. There is a CD which has a PDF guide book giving instructions on how to configure the device if you want to change any of the settings. There is no need to do this as it works straight out of the box. The only thing I will be doing is changing the WiFi setting to add security. There is a wizard that takes you through configuration but I am going to have to study this or contact the zoom help line as I don't understand some of the terms. I am very happy with this product. Excellent piece of kit.

Puppets, Language and Learning (Early Years Library)
Puppets, Language and Learning (Early Years Library)
by Jane Fisher

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice book for teachers, 11 Nov. 2012
I bought this book for my daughter as a Christmas present whilst she was on her PGCE course at Manchester University. She was very happy with it because she said it contains great ideas on how puppets can be used in the classroom for primary education.

PHP for the Web: Visual QuickStart Guide (Visual QuickStart Guides)
PHP for the Web: Visual QuickStart Guide (Visual QuickStart Guides)
by Larry Ullman

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to learn PHP, 11 Nov. 2012
This book takes you step by step though the basics of PHP. I already had knowledge of HTML and CSS before I ventured into PHP and I think you do need to know basic web design before going into other programming languages. Larry Ullman explains the nuts and bolts of PHP very well and takes the reader through a series of learning exercises which you do on your own computer by copying the text from the book. There are files containing all of the examples which can be downloaded for free. It's a great way to get to grips with the subject. I starting using PHP in my web sites very soon after purchasing this book. It was my first book on PHP and I still refer back to it. This is a great book for a beginner.

Making and Manipulating Marionettes
Making and Manipulating Marionettes
by David Currell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide to making marionettes!, 11 Nov. 2012
I recently attended an intensive six day marionette carving course with expert carver and puppeteer John Roberts. I was looking for a book to use as a reference to help me with future projects and was delighted to come across this one by David Currell. The book is very well set out and contains many lovely colour photographs as well as detailed drawings showing how to construct the body parts and controls for different types of marionette. Although wood carving is explained, other materials are covered too. In addition to human figures there are also sections on animal characters, trick puppets and of course, how to manipulate marionettes. A bonus for me was that John Roberts has contributed to the book and there are some great illustrations of several of his amazing puppets. As a puppeteer this book takes pride of place in my library. Even if I wasn't a puppeteer I would still be happy to own it as it is so charming. I highly recommend it.

HTML5 & CSS3: Visual QuickStart Guide (Visual QuickStart Guides)
HTML5 & CSS3: Visual QuickStart Guide (Visual QuickStart Guides)
by Elizabeth Castro

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for beginner or intermediate!, 20 July 2012
Step by step instruction on how to build a web site using the latest web standards. Explanations are easy to follow using non techie language. Plenty of examples and illustrations supporting the text at every stage. Lots of links to enable the reader to delve further into the subject. A great book for the beginner or intermediate web designer. Highly recommended.

Mixed Martial Arts: The Book of Knowledge
Mixed Martial Arts: The Book of Knowledge
by B. J. Penn

5.0 out of 5 stars Great present!, 3 Jun. 2012
I bought this book for my daughter who is very keen on martial arts. She was delighted with her present and told me that it is full of really useful information which will help her develop her skills.

The Pirate Ship 1660-1730: 70 (New Vanguard)
The Pirate Ship 1660-1730: 70 (New Vanguard)
by Angus Konstam

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Little Book, 29 April 2012
As I am a pirate fan I always enjoy reading material about pirates. I was pleased to add this book to my library. It's only 48 pages but has some very good illustrations and plenty of facts about pirate ships. Possibly slightly over priced at £9.99 but then it's a specialist subject so I'm not complaining.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5