Profile for Ross > Reviews

Crust and Crumb: Master Formulas for Serious Bread Bakers
by Peter Reinhart
Price: 16.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book!, 15 Jun 2013
I decided to give this four stars as I was impressed with how well my baking has turned out. Being an avid bread maker I wanted to try my hand at more advanced skills and trying more demanding recipes. The book is easy to understand and clearly written, and explains why some starters and pre-ferments are used with particular breads (something I didn't understand before buying this book). It also describes the equipment used and the various flour grains available which helped me understand the structure of bread.

If you're serious about bread and find it's taking on a philosophical meaning, then get this book, you won't be disappointed.

Sunita Organic Whole Tahini 340 g (Pack of 3)
Sunita Organic Whole Tahini 340 g (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Houmous, 15 Jun 2013
I chose this particular brand because of recommendations from friends and after reading the reviews on Amazon. They're good-sized jars and the paste is thick and creamy, which makes a great addition to any houmous. Very pleased with my purchased.

Hatha Yoga Pradipika
Hatha Yoga Pradipika
by Muktibodhananda Swami
Price: 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Hatha Bible, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Hatha Yoga Pradipika (Paperback)
I chose this book because I wanted something introductory and easy to follow. This ticks both boxes and more. The layout is clear and concise and there are diagrams too that help to illustrate the postures. It covers all aspects of Hatha yoga, from beginners to advanced, yet it's still a fantastic read for somebody new to the practice. If you're just starting out or have years of experience this is the book for you. Highly recommended!

New Balance Men's Black Trainer MX624AB 10 UK
New Balance Men's Black Trainer MX624AB 10 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable trainer, 15 Jun 2013
I bought these because I needed trainers for the gym. They fit really well and cushion my feet in all the right places. A bit on the chunky side but they do the job. Recommended!

Canderel Green Stevia Powder 75g 2 calories per teaspoon (75g, 2 Calories per Teaspoon)
Offered by Superfooduk
Price: 5.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs!, 20 July 2012
I bought a bottle/tub of this as I wanted to try some of the alternatives to my usual Splenda. What a mistake that was! It may as well be inert powder as far as I'm concerned because I couldn't detect any sweetness at all, just a foul after-taste . I had to use huge quantities in an attempt to sweeten my yoghurt, but it never quite got there.

I don't know how this passed quality assurance. Save your money. It shoudn't be on the shelf.