Profile for Doctormrak > Reviews

Doctormrak

Synaesthesia
Synaesthesia

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic prog from a totally 21st century act!, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Synaesthesia (Audio CD)
Old school prog fan here, mainly early Genesis, Camel and Gentle Giant. Bought this CD on the strength of "Epiphany", included on a sampler CD with a recent issue of Prog magazine. Very glad I did!
Whilst a few old prog artists are still doing the odd bit of decent stuff, it seemed like we were never going to get anything as good as the bands of the 1970s again. But here we have a debut from an act who have a totally 21st century sound, yet combine it effortlessly with enough intricate melodies, chord changes and time signature shifts to keep an old progger like me more than happy. This is epic stuff (track 1 is 22 minutes!), and even after 6 listenings I'm still enjoying it more each time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, but REMOVE PLASTIC COVERS BEFORE USE!, 6 Jan. 2012
This was my first optical cable. I tried to insert it into the connector on the TV and the DVD player, but no matter how hard I pushed, it just didn't go. I nearly broke the circuit board in the TV by pushing so hard! Eventually I did a web search, and found that other people who'd had similar problems hadn't realised that the cable is supplied with plastic covers on each end. I removed the covers and connected it up with no problem.
The quality is great BUT I think it should be supplied with a clear instruction to remove the plastic covers before trying to connect it up!