Profile for brympton > Reviews

Savage Gear Bushwhacker XLNT Lure Fishing Rod
Offered by Shut Up And Fish
Price: 73.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Why spend more?, 31 Aug 2013
This really is a quality product and at this price point it really must be considered a bargain. Carbon, Fuji Gold reel seat, top quality rings, Portuguese cork grips, fast action and a 20-60g casting weight. Pair this with a light fixed spool reel and and some braided line for an excellent, lightweight go anywhere combination. I could cast with this all day long and the biggest shock - casting distance. Just today I used this rod with a 28g Toby and pulled a couple of mackerel in from the beach whilst the fluff chuckers (beachcasters with feathers) didn't get a thing.

Kiwifotos 58mm Lens Filter Adapter for Canon PowerShot G15
Kiwifotos 58mm Lens Filter Adapter for Canon PowerShot G15
Offered by PowerPlanet Europe
Price: 15.45

4.0 out of 5 stars One item replaces two overpriced Canon alternatives, 26 Jun 2013
Not a lot of point in buying two overpriced Canon alternatives when this anodised metal adaptor does the same job, 4/5 because it is a little tighter to fit than I would have liked.

Case Logic TBC403K Case for Digital Camera and Accessories Nylon Black
Case Logic TBC403K Case for Digital Camera and Accessories Nylon Black
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the smallest case available for the Canon G15, 26 Jun 2013
A great little case for the money, holds the camera and a wrist strap only (you wont get the neck strap in as well), Just the job for what I wanted with the belt loop configured to hold the camera in a horizontal rather than vertical orientation which means I can sit down without the camera hitting the chair!

atFoliX FX-Clear screen-protector for Canon PowerShot G15 (3 pack) - Crystal-clear screen protection!
Offered by @FoliX GmbH
Price: 5.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Another new camera so pleased to find atFolix Clear protectors for it, 26 Jun 2013
I've probably lost count of how many screen protectors I've purchased and fitted over the years. Some aren't cut very well, some are absolute dust magnets, some aren't that clear and some cost me a lot more than these. This will be my third atFolix purchase and I am returning because they work, they're clear and they're easy to apply.

Canon Powershot G15 (Expanded Guide)
Canon Powershot G15 (Expanded Guide)
by David Taylor
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of its type, 26 Jun 2013
I have bought many cameras over the years and many "guide" books due to the problems associated with reading a poorly edited manual. I must admit that I bought this one because it was cheaper than an alternative from another author (who's books I had purchased previously) and I'm glad I did. The author has done an excellent job here in explaining and expanding on the many features of the G15 in a clear, concise and valid way. The book is well laid out with the relevant chapters providing a continuos flow of the various options available. The many illustrations are of a good quality and together with the notes and tips provide an easy passage into fully understanding the G15's feature set. I really don't understand some of the comments I've read about this book being like the manual - what did you expect? Of course it covers the items in the manual they are for the same camera! In summary I am pleased with my purchase and will look for these "Expanded Guides" in the future. Just one last thing, there's non of that "Kelby" style self indulgent nonsense here - thankfully!